Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: around us

around us

Do you ever wonder how many people around us CD? Or maybe friends or family? I wish there was a sign so we could let others know without exposing ourselves. I have wondered if any of my brothers or even dad does. It might explain why if it were genetic. What do you girls think?

My dad used to spend lots of time in Ladies department stores looking for things "for mum" and was well up of fashion that suited my mum, but I sometimes wondered if there was more to it.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I think that if they do, we will most likely find out eventually Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Hi Tgsara, I think the figure is 10% of the male population will experience it throughout their lives. I have only seen two totally OUT one was in San Francisco and the other in the Lake District (UK). You can tell an under dressed CDer out shopping he'll have a smile on his face! ...I seriously think we are born with it, I'm working on it now!

This is really an interesting question as we all seem to hide the fact we crossdress at least for a while. I do have one cousin I have always been suspicious of as is my sister. Just not sure how to broach the subject with him. It's not like you can casually slide that into a conversation.

good question lets start up some type of a sign on this site and post it to let others know what to look for

If everyone came out of the closet together there probably wouldnt be an issue.
    Would likely see some interesting names on the list, politicians, CEOs etc
    Few friends have posted pictures with lipstick and womens hats on facebook.
    Others always jumped at any chance to slip into a dress, but never discussed it any further.
    Last edited by Talisker; 01-14-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Banned Read only
    Sara, every time I am in a crowd I think that there are fellow cross dressers. I figure up to 5% might be cross dressers. That means on every NFL team about two are cross dressers. THAT'S a funny picture....

We are not alone.

I am sure the percentage is higher than we are led to believe.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    i've discovered a couple of my friends, they have long nails and occasionally i'll catch a hint of polish left along a nail edge or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgsara View Post
    I wish there was a sign so we could let others know ?
    How about a bumper sticker? ICDRU?
    Live and let dress.

I've often wondered this myself but have yet to catch any hints yet.

I do,especially in a crowd when the odds are 1 in 10. I often wonder if anyone ever suspects me. I used to have a "macho" job,so you just never know.

I wonder all the time. we should all come together and jump out of the closet at the same time. As for me, I think my closet is falling down around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila11 View Post
    How about a bumper sticker? ICDRU?
    Great idea - I'm lovin' it... If we could change the CD to XD, every SUV could have: 4X4XD

How do we get some PR material out of this forum....?
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I've wondered about that too. Looking at some of the M to F transformation postings on youtube, I am always amazed how many (actually all) of these folks look like the epitome of manliness but deep down they are not quite so and I applaud them for coming out unlike me......

I actually saw a vanity plate once that was something like the "ICDDOU" from Sheila's post. it wasn't that exactly, but something that made me wonder if it was a sister or just someone who didn't realize the implications.

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Also CDRU12
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There needs to be like a secret handshake or something. Maybe a code word. That way if they aren't a crossdresser, they'll just think we're crazy. But if they are, I'd like to let them know they have a friend in me.

That's one of the biggest reasons I started telling people. Hoping that they know someone who is also a CDer. I mean, I know a lot of people, you would think at least one of them would be?
    Last edited by Christy Stevens; 01-14-2014 at 04:44 PM.

I am feeling feisty today so I think everyone should come out of the closet!

I always wonder this. I suspect one of my friends is but, I'm afraid to ask. I'm sure all who do probably feel the same way I do. Don't ask don't tell.

I also think that this forum is a great way to make new friends who do and maybe thoes who we suspect will show up here as well.

There is a trilogy of SciFi books from Robert J. Sawyer, "Wake" "Watch" "Wonder" about an entity that arises on the internet. I wonder if such a creature came to be, and was asked "what percentage of us do xxxx?" And the answer came back "at least 70%" Wonder how many would come out of the closet then?

Maybe we can ask the NSA?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

My father was a traveling salesman, and once I found a case full of bras and other stuff among his sample cases. He claimed that he sold lady's foundation garments as a sideline. That could have been true, but I sometimes wonder.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure my father cross dressed. If going to a Halloween party, he would jump at the chance to dress as a woman. There were other "hints" that lead me to believe this. He has been gone 20 years now, so I will never know for sure. I had thought about asking my older brother or sister about it, but I was never sure how to bring it up without giving myself away.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Various studies reveal that about one in forty men crossdress on a regular basis. Of course, because of the huge percentage of us that are in the closet, no one really knows. But lets just say that on a daily basis, we all come into contact with at least one crossdresser, whether we know it or not. And unless they leave some obvious sign of their behavior, there's no way to figure out who it is. I worked very hard not to give off any clues.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.