Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How important is going out in public to you?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar

How important is going out in public to you?

I'm sure many here have asked this same question of themselves. I keep going over is this really important enough to me that I'm willing to get read, which is likely for most of is. Is it important enough that what if we get attacked which I feel is less likely these days but still possible. Is it important enough that if you saw a family member or friend that you would be able to explain it to them if they recognized you.
    What about your spouse who is non accepting, could you explain it to them if they found out.
    I've been thinking for sometime now of taking the plunge and going out, even if it's just a walk in the mall but do I need to? I have several times lately gone out with light makeup with no wig or jewelry and gone to Walmart or a drive thru and while I was a little concerned I did it. So what it is about the full fem thing for you?
    I'm beginning to wonder can I be happy doing the half fem thing and just getting in full fem at home while taking pictures to share with you ladies or do you or I need to get out in the world to be happy with me Leigh.
    Your turn now girls, how do you feel?
    Hugs Leigh
    Last edited by Rachael Leigh; 01-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.

I love it. It is the ultimate in liberation, as well as being scary and excited. Sounds just like a ride at six flags, but no line and no ticket.

Since I'm still not out of the closet and I can't dress and go out openly every day, it's very important for me to do that at least occassionaly. It really makes my day. It's always very exciting to go out and walk around, but also very scary, since I mostly do it late in the evening or at night. I still don't know what will I do if something unexpected would happen, especially an accident, attack or robbery. I have my pepper spray in my purse and I just hope it will be enough to save me in case of attack.
    Last edited by Karmen; 01-14-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Scary and exciting pretty much sums it up.
    Give it a go and if you dont like it dont do it again.
    Not sure why you would be attacked if you went to shopping mall, but if your worried about that stay in womens shops.
    The GGs tend to be friendly.

I dont do it to be me or find myself etc, because I am always me no matter what i am wearing, but it makes doing simple things much more fun.
    Last edited by Talisker; 01-14-2014 at 01:22 PM.

I do feel the need that after I've spend an hour or more transforming I want others to see me and see their reaction. I hope to one day fully pass and have all the feminine mannerisms down so I like to see the reactions I get. More importantly I love attention from men so I usually will dress in a manner that will get their attention. Too me its fun. I've dressed to just blend in completely in flats and slacks and I have to admit that I didn't find it as enjoying... Even though I felt that I was doing a better job at passing. I guess if I was born a girl I would have been one of the ones who wear a short skirt and 5 inch heels just to shop for groceries or get the mail.

2 years ago before I moved it was the highlight of my day when I could do it. However, I usually only went to places where I knew someone such as at Merle Norman!Dress barn etc. Of course there was that 40 mile drive to get there. A few times I even stopped for gas,and even went to a lesbian bar. What an adrenaline rush !! Sure miss those days.

I love going out. I, too, feel it to be liberating and exciting. It is important to me to show my true self to the world. I have not come out openly yet. Going out has been part of my personal discovery and acceptance. A way to find out if this is who I truly am and what I want. The first time I went out to a club was scary and exciting. It was also ultimately liberating and exhilarating. The experience showed me that this is who I am and what I want for me. It also seems such a waste to get all dolled up just to hang out inside and not be seen. I don't get out enough and it's been a while since I did. I hope to change that in 2014.

Ciara

I've only been out to drive-thrus and such a very few times. Wife says that's changing , we're taking a roadtrip to Indiana this year. And all I can take is my femgear she says. YAY!!!! Can't wait. I've been dyin' to let Shauna out, and leave Shawn @ home. So my public adventure is very important to me. But I think I'll bring some malegear just in case. :P

Going out and interacting with others is important to me. I would find it difficult to work to look my best if nobody could see it.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Going out is just me wanting to be myself - and necessary..........................Debra

Banned Read only
    the half fem thing don't cut it for me,does not feel right,i full fem on a day to day basis,my SO is fully accepting , on holiday / vacation,I dress ****ty,the amount of drinks brought for me and 'ask's for my phone number etc ' is disturbing lol.

I usually shop or dine out when I dress (usually a few miles from my home town)

Just really starting to venture out myself after years of hiding in the closet. There was a time it was important to dress, being out in public wasn't important at all however as time went on it became a driving force in me and although it took a while I am starting to enjoy the outdoors as Heather.

I have been out a few times, movies shopping, just some trips, but it is great to be in the world as a woman, living in rural America, I don't get a chance too often, go in the worldl and be me, I go outside at the home dressed, but always try to be careful, (because not to hurt family), but my SO know and lets me have girl time, it is important to me, I only wish sometimes I was in the city so I could go out like many girls here normally, and feel like it is a true day of being me, So yes being out in the world is important, I love every chance I get to be3 me. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I would like to go out in public but it's not the be all and end all for me. I know if I were out I would be easily read so I would have to be pretty careful about where I went and who with. I would like to share my dressing with someone and I think to be able to out would be wonderful but if I never get to it's going to ok too.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

It would be fun but I would need to take many baby steps in a town far bigger than the one I'm in..

I've been out a few times. I feel like I'm getting more brazen about it. Oddly, my chief concern is the neighbors. Once I'm on my way, I'm pretty okay with it. Always get a little rush of nerves just before I step out of the car, but otherwise, no problems. It's hard to say how important it is to me, although It must be on some level since I keep wanting to do it. Can I live without it? Yeah. And have for quite some time, but it's something I'd like to just be more casual about. It shouldn't be such a big deal!

A lot depends on our confidence level and our purpose for going out and what we feel we may need to accomplish. Just going out randomly never did much for me. Going out with a goal in mind gives us something to accomplish. That's pretty much the way I go about things.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

not that important but setting around the house all dressed is boring as hell! So I go out every chance I get...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    just getting in full fem at home while taking pictures to share with you ladies or do you or I need to get out in the world to be happy with me Leigh.
    Leigh,
    Your comment above is something I did a post about when I first joined two years ago. At that time, I had never gone out and believed that posting pictures was an alternative to going out, as like most, I was scared.
    Once I took that first step out the door, not sure why I waited so long, I have never looked back and go out 1 or 2 times a week with a friend from this forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Leigh, thanks for asking. All the responses thus far have indicated a preference for going out and about en femme. To each her own, as we all enjoy CD'ing on our own terms.

Speaking only for myself, I have no desire to CD in public. What I do is for my own enjoyment, and I'm perfectly content staying home and crossdressing in private. When I do, it's all about me, for me.

Just wanted to express the viewpoint that's it's OK to enjoy CD'ing in private. Thanks!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kate I think I feel that way as well, I wish there was a local support group I could attend once in a while where I could feel free to dress and talk with the others but not aware of one near or during a time I could attend. My work schedule is my biggest issue

One thing I hope all here do understand, for those who do go out I admire you all it's really fun reading your stories and how you interact with the world even if they read you, Im not sure what my level of confidence is just yet but it's always on my mind. I think that's why I love this group so much there's support for all no matter what we feel.
    I know for me my issue with self esteem is a big part of my fear, I've never liked how I look as a guy but what if my female presentation is just as bad oh my than what? So you see where I am.
    Love all your responses so far
    Hugs Leigh
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 01-15-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

For me it is the difference between are we simply crossdressing occasionally or have we commited to a life as transgender? if the latter, which is me, then it is intrinsically of great import and I do it as long as I'm not going to work.

if simply crossdressing, no.
    --------------------------------------------
    With Love and Affection, Allison Leslie

I almost never really leave the house en femme. It's fine, but I'd love to stretch my legs more. I'm not really interested in interacting with 'muggles' as if I'm an actual woman though. I'm actually planning on going to a CD/TG party somewhere in the following months.

It is funny in that I do not feel the "need" to dress. However, I do feel the need to go out, dressed as a woman preferably. I love the social interaction with others and being dressed as a woman brings a new dynamic to it all and one hell of a lot more fun too.

Regarding your almost quandary, I can only say, go out when you are ready. Once you do and then repeat that a few times, assuming that the previous times were successful, your questions to yourself and others will probably be few and very far between. Being seen by someone you know in male mode is a very valid concern and is one for me too. However, the more I go out the less concerned I become. I now see all this as just another part of who I am. My only recommendation is to try to go out to places that will make your time out rewarding to you. As you build confidence it all becomes easier and you can then start varying your places to go when dressed to the places where you would or do go in male mode. Good luck and enjoy. No enjoyment, then why do it?