Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do any ladies dress at work?

Do any ladies dress at work?

I made the big leap from dressing in panties and nylons so that nobody could see, to dressing in full fem at work. How liberating it was, and enjoyable. I still dress as a man at times, and usually mixed men and woman. (high heels and a dress shirt with woman's jeans)

Acceptance at work has been great, but it is rarely talked about or commented on by co-workers. Does anyone else have any experiences or desire to do so. If so what would be your path?

Erica - Wow - Respect! (Is that old fashioned...? )
    Could you give us a little clue as to the nature of your business, employer etc (without breaching any confidentiality, obviously..) - I'm amazed.
    There is nowhere that I've worked recently that has not had a formal dress code and policy that would be enforced if anyone had openly cross dressed... Not that I'm saying that's right, obviously!
    I suspect that only in local government in the UK would you find suitable policies that allowed complete freedom, and even that may be limited.
    I'm not working at the moment, but it'd be interesting to go back into interviewing in a casual skirt and top... of course, I'd have to come out to do that
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Yea I was actually surprised. I had another Job in the wings if my decision went bad, but it worked out really well. I am still invited to grab a drink and made part of any non work conversations. The men have been just as accepting as woman so far. Who knows what they say when they get home with friends and family. I work in IT and in NH.

I sorta kinda do but since I work from home I can wear anything but funnily enough my preference at home is anything comfy which means sweats and such. I'm still very much in the process of finding out what works for me right now

Ladies pants suit and wedge heels - no makeuo

That would actually be hard for me since I have kids at home. And they do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    Ladies pants suit and wedge heels - no makeuo
    How do your co workers treat you?

Fine - college professor (appearance often ignored) - some of my colleagues compliment me on color choice

A lot depends on the type of work you do I think. If one is a Longshoreman or a construction worker it would probably be very problematic, along with the Military. I'm glad you are able to express yourself at work.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am an administrative assistant and a supervisor in a large medical facility and dress totally every day. Never had any issues as I was hired as a woman although everyone knows I am a CD

Used to dress at university while a phd student until dropout, then no job really allowing or suited to dress.
    Last edited by freeindress; 01-14-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Yeah, but I was a musician. We were expected to be crazy, and probably dangerous. I never knew if people crossed the road cause of how I was dressed, or for their own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica_xox View Post
    That would actually be hard for me since I have kids at home. And they do not know.
    Erica - I am a bit confused. You go to work and interact in ladies clothes but not at home. Do you get changed at work? What if the kids found out from someone at work. Surely if you have gone to the degree of dressing at work the kids should know....Ellie

I wanted to be able to dress at the place I work, I even went to the interviews with a bra and forms on but during the interviews I didn't ask if it would be ok so I don't dress where I currently. While I was searching for a job, I applied at a nearby Macy's and went into the interview in a black top I got from WHBM, white cami underneath, black maxi skirt and wedges. I made sure I asked if I would be able to dress in women's clothes at work and the person that gave my interview said it would be okay if I wanted to wear women's clothes provided that I followed the dress code for female employees. That made me feel so happy even though I didn't get the job, I know that I could apply again at some point and be able to dress the way I wanted to

I wish...

Silver Member
    Kate, Houston, I think, actually had a CDer turned TG building contractor who was out and wore women's clothes full time. There was also a barge owner that was a CD, forgot the town. News paper featured him and his girl friend. He would go to the country club wearing men's on top and a skirt, nylons and heals. He also showed up full fem sometimes.

The only thing that wear out in public or at work that is still men's clothing is shoes, sweaters (can be considered uni-sex), and jackets. I try to keep things as neutral as possible so no one can tell that I am wearing women's clothes. If they did they haven't said anything to me.

I actually can be totally enfemme as long as it is fairly neutral. My bra, panties, pantyhose and girdle are underneath my girls cords or slacks and blouse. When I where the plain blouse, I wear a light zippered sweater, ladies of course. I even use womens sneakers and knee sox over my pantyhose. It is a great feeling. Just have to be careful in the bathroom.

Fortunate for you, it must be an interesting story.

No desires to rock the boat here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

good people like the person not the gender.
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Under dressing only. I work in a conservative environment, CDing would not go over well.

I have. But only for Halloween. A cisgender woman said I was brave. Hehe. Though I do wear fun girl's socks often and keep my hair long.

I totally wish I could dress up at work!

I have given thoughts to underdressing at work, but I have never gone through with it. I work in an office environment, plus I use the gym at work and shower afterwards, so there is too much risk of being found out.

Oh how I would love to be able to dress up for a day at work! So far all I can get away with is panties and my leggings. Haven't been able to find anything in my wardrobe that I could get away with for the top yet