Thread: Wearing a bra with a male tank top in boy mode

Wearing a bra with a male tank top in boy mode

Does anyone ever wear a bra while out and about while wearing a male tank top (loose not feminine at all) while clearly looking like a guy and not a girl? The bra straps not being obviously visible, a tank top that is not racerback. Just the bra strap may peek out a little on the side since its still a tank top

Anyone ever did this? Did you get any weird looks from people? Or do people just not care?

I do some similar stuff. I will do something like wear a cami under my shirt to the gym. The lines are there if people want to focus on them. Sometimes the straps fall off the shoulder and I fix them. I don't think anyone cares or maybe I just don't care if they do!
    xoxo,
    Alisa

No probably because tank tops don't suit me in either drab or femme unfotunately.But i would go for it in summer if you like.

You just have to look around at some of the fashion disasters walking around on our shores in summer squeezed into too tight shorts and tanktops etc... with rolls falling out everywhere.

I have not done this. The closest I have gone is to wear a bra under a loosely fitted button down men's shirt. Not brave, I know, but nonetheless, enjoyable to me.
    Di

No, sorry, no. I don't mix and match like that and personally dislike dressing like that. If I'm going out I'm feminine all the way. It's not about rubbing my femme things in anyone's face, it's about how I feel and what makes me happy.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    no never, i don't underdress either. Don't see much point.

Either i am dressing and trying to look like a woman or i am just my guy self. The bra is just for those dressing times and it is for a particular reason as it helps hold in the forms.

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    I dont consider it underdressing....just underwear Darla

I would feel more uncomfortable presenting like that than if I wore a wig and female clothes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes I have done that couple of time specially in winter when I have sweater or jacket on. Without jacket or sweater its very difficult to hide bra strap in man tank.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 01-17-2014 at 06:44 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the OP.

I don't like bra that much. I only wear them when fully dressed and I need a bra to hold breast forms.

who wears guys tanks?...not me!

I under dress a lot and I always wear an undershirt or a tank top when I am out and about. I have seen pointing fingers and have even heard a younger lady ask her mom if I was wearing a bra under my sweatshirt. Only one person had approached me about seeing my bra strap, while in the supermarket. They applauded me for wearing whatever I had wanted to wear, I didn't get it till she told me that she could make out my bra under my sweatshirt

From what I have seen so far here is that the great majority doesn't care what you wear, however I haven't been out fully dressed yet.

Good luck SarahUK

I thought I could get away with wearing a compression cami under a knit shirt. I saw a sales lady giving me the eye, but figured there was no way she could tell. When I got home and looked in the mirror I could see the little bumps from the strap adjusters on each shoulder.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-16-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: not allowed in this forum.

Thanks for the responses

What I was originally asking was, if you had any reactions of people when one of your bra straps was actually visually visible. As in the strap itself a tiny bit visible on your shoulder on the side of your tank top or the strap falling down your shoulder.

If you don't want to get caught, wearing a bra is some what high risk.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    I dont consider it underdressing....just underwear Darla
    I heard that term here i guess. Wearing some articles of women's clothing (including underwear) without trying to present as a women or as a parody of a woman (drag queen) I thought would be the very definition of "underdressing". If not what is your definition of underdressing Emma?

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    I perceive the term underdressing to mean to be wearing "womens" underwear prolly as you say Darla to wear articles of womens clothing without anyone knowing for some sort of excitement...my comment simply meant if it is all you ever wear then therefore it becomes just underwear whatever gender it was originally intended for
    Last edited by Emma Leigh; 01-16-2014 at 08:23 PM.

if i wear a tank top, it is a gals tank top! Yes i have worn my bra under, but so far only in the back yard!

Silver Member
    First of all I don't wear men's tanks of any kind. Second I never felt that straps should be shown as some women and girls do.

I have several tanks and camisoles which I wear under other items. I'm just not the tank type. I might wear a tank with a shirt or blouse unbuttoned.

I will never understand why a person who does not need a bra would wear one, they're uncomfortable and annoying!

Sounds to me like you want people to notice. If this is case please be careful. Also remember there are cameras everywhere looking for quick pics to put on instagram or youtube. It reminds me of a video on youtube of a guy on the train wearing a bra under a white shirt, and everbody making fun of him..Just saying be careful.....Ellie