Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I sort of like being in the "Closet". Anyone else?

I sort of like being in the "Closet". Anyone else?

I know this might be a bit of a contradiction to some of my previous posts, but there are times when I think being in the "closet" is kind of the attraction to dressing in a way. Let me explain. I am a man. I live as a man, I work as a man, I act and react as a man. Everyone knows me... they know me as a man. They know me, or think they do, as me... a man. When I'm "Jenny", I'm myself. I'm a secret. I am private. I need a bit of privacy to be the other part of me. I don't want everyone to know "Jenny". Yes, it might be nice if someone special knew me that way, but having that private side of me is necessary sometimes. We all need a small sense of privacy.
    Does anyone else relish being their "private" selves?

JennyLynn it is your escape from reality. your chance to get away from everyone and everything that troubles you and just enjoy yourself without having to explain it to anyone

Perfectly understandable.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes for me Jenny I agree, this part of me is very private in many ways, don't get me wrong there are times how I wish I could share it with people I know so I would not have to hide it. I mean it is me I am Leigh and yet I'm not when I'm in full male mode. So yes I get it.

Never want to hide Jess" ever again. Once I outed myself I discovered all the issues were in my head, not others. Wife, family and friends were, and still are all supper supportive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    JennyLynn this probably goes without saying, but yeah I don't get it. I spent too much of my life alone as a child, not by choice, thus the idea of getting to share makes me quite happy.

I do understand Jenny Lynn. When I came out involuntarily (wife caught me on this site) life became more complicated and less carefree. However, at least I can say I've lived my dream. I got to go out and be accepted as Kristy.

Aspiring Member
    There are days I wish I could share it with the world but realistically speaking it would change everything and not for the better. I'll have to keep Karen confined to the few others like me who know me socially. It is frustrating but the best for everyone involved.

Banned Read only
    JennyLynn, I understand the safety of the closet. I lived it for 40 odd years. But along with the hiding and "privacy" is the burden and shame of doing just that. The kind of privacy you mention I think makes sense for where you keep the map to the gold buried in your back yard but people are social animals. For me, it was boring, alone. Are you sure safety is not part of your fondness of the closet?

Jenny, I have to agree with you. I have the same circumstance, but Marsha allows me to disconnect for a few hours, if for no other reason then a chance to step back, look things over, and feel free of the percieved pressure around me. I sometimes need Marsha ,just to 'recharge', as she brings so much creativity to the table. That time alone with her/me can sometimes carry me for days. I really dont think i want that area to be 'invaded' by the world.

The quit time and privacy can be addicting , so yes at times
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Jenny I know how the feeling goes but when I met that someone special katie came to life now my g/f shops with me and helps me dress life is so good right now x

If we are in charge and in control of our own life and destiny, it really doesn't matter where we are Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have to agree with Jennifer. For me the closet was a shameful place. I know that is not true for every girl here. Coming out has been the biggest step of my life.
    Suzanne

JennyLynn, It's your time to do with as you please. If you want to spend it quietly by yourself that is your prerogative!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

ive been comfortable there for many years and anticipate many more,
    the only thing i could compare it to was boating, after the first swell all of life's burdens would melt away,
    no cell phone, just me and the mrs. with a day away.
    with my recent reveal to the mrs. i think i would like to attend a private function with some of the local members though,
    maybe next Christmas....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I have to agree also. I venture out onto my front porch to retrieve the newspaper every morning (at around 4:30am), and once in a while at my cabin in the woods. My wife sees me in nightgowns, women's PJ's, capris; but never in skirts or dresses. She has requested not to see me in a skirt or dress, but I actually prefer it this way as well. It is kind of my private time thing to do.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Silver Member
    Jenny - if remaining in the closest is right for you - it is right. Everyone has different needs. I understand yours and continue to try to understand mine.

Privacy is great therapy.
    It helps you gather your thoughts.
    You do not need to be out at all if you don't want to.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

hi jenny
    i totally get where you're coming from. like you, i lead my life as a man and am happy as a man in my public persona. my femme time has always been a special secret thing that i do just for my own pleasure. as i just stated in another post, i do feel a certain amount of guilt because i've been keeping this big secret from my SO for 20+years but things like 'passing in public' and leading a more militant trans lifestyle just aren't on my agenda at all. i keep myself to myself and i'm content that way. being able to finally talk about it on public forums like this has been very liberating though, and i sometimes think it would be nice to have some CD friends in the physical world, but apart from that, i'm happy to remain in my little closet/boudoir...

I have always suspected that the vast majority of crossdressers including most of the members here never leave the so called ‘closet’ because of the reaction they will get [or lets say perceive that they will get for the benefit of all the ‘we must all go out or we are snivelling cowards' member’s here] Or do not go out because they have no need to. [Me]

Enjoy you closet Jenny…….I do!
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-17-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jenny,

The good part about this thing we do is it provides each of us in our own way solace and comfort. I really don't believe there is a right or wrong way to be. If being out and about (as many are) brings you joy that is a good thing. Likewise if staying in the privacy of your own home and enjoying the "en femme" side brings you joy then that too is great.

We each have to make our own decisions and sweetie, if being private makes you happy then I am happy for you.

Hugs

Isha

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    When you're as self-conscious as I am, the closet is a great place to be. I don't feel like I'm missing out on all that much by not being "out." There is something to be said about having a secret that no one needs to know about...

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Jenny,

The good part about this thing we do is it provides each of us in our own way solace and comfort. I really don't believe there is a right or wrong way to be. If being out and about (as many are) brings you joy that is a good thing. Likewise if staying in the privacy of your own home and enjoying the "en femme" side brings you joy then that too is great.

We each have to make our own decisions and sweetie, if being private makes you happy then I am happy for you.

Hugs

Isha
    Jenny - I totally agree with this sentiment. Its your life, live it as you alone want to. Everybodys circumstances are different. I have the total support of my SO and she buys me nice clothes/underwear etc but I am happy to stay in the house. I have been out on several occasions and found its not for me. So no more. This was my choice as I found I felt silly when walking around the shops.
    You stay in the privacy of your closet and enjoy the time you get in there....Love Ellie

Platinum Member
    Nope, always hated it. It felt like confinement. Every tentative step out of the closet added a measure of freedom to my life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't see a problem with being in the closet, or even staying in the closet if that is what you chose. a little privacy can go a long way to keeping one sane My SO is the only one that I have told so while not completely in the closet, I still have quite a bit of privacy. I agree with your statement fully
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!