Thread: Taming your inner peacock

Taming your inner peacock

I've always been a bit of a peacock. My tastes are girly girl - slinky dresses, ultra sheer stockings, high heels, cleavage, big hair, false eyelashes, pretty nails, bling, the whole nine yards. When I go out I have to tone it down to blend i.e., tame my inner peacock. There's always that temptation to overcome to wear opera attire to the grocery store.

So, how about you? Big inner peacock? Any difficulty keeping it under control? Any tips for us?

Hugs, Michelle

Big problem for me, blending in is not really something I am prepared for.
    But really the only times I go out I am in the car and no one see's me.
    So Opera attire to drop the someone off at work is not that big of a deal.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Michelle,
    I don't go out but yes, I think I would know that I would have to tone it down - the nature of the beast, I'm afraid, but given that we succumb to this weird thing we do, would that be like... bungee jumping with half the length of elastic? Base jumping from 20ft into an inflatable mattress? Can you do this thing by halves? Do you want to be a grayscale peacock or a full Technicolor bird of bling and flair and sensuality and.. woohoo!

So: Big peacock - yeppers..... ; Difficulty - once released, ditto....; Tips - Nada, nooooo....

I guess I've said enough... Perhaps just as well I don't go out - Old Hampshire may not be ready...

Katey x
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-19-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: formatting!
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Not really. My man side gets his clothes at walmart and has no desire to be a peacock. If i were going out girled up that's a different story, but so far that's only happened once and i went to a Halloween drag show so I'm guessing nobody even notied or cared.

Well in my case it's the peahen as she is the one who really "rules the roost".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Oh, you know me, Michelle...a 6'2" 230lb person trying not to stand out. Not that it works, but I haven't seen too many shocked faces.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It's definitely a problem for me. Whenever I go out dressed I always have to rein in my natural inclination towards clothes that are too showy -- the skirt 2 inches too short the heels 2 inches too high. If you can it's good idea to get the opinion of GG before you head out but even then you may not get the truth so if your first instinct is that something is over the top it probably is.
    Love Veronica

You can view my photos on

www.flickr.com/photos/evahopeful

Oh wow! The girlier the better for me. But then I have nothing too flamboyant. But I do see how taming the peacock would be beneficial.

Gone to live my life
    I think my guy side of fashion tended to transfer over to my "femme side". While I will be the first to admit I love to wear a dress or skirt out when I can they are normally more to blend (what I see GGs wearing). However, I generally tend to coordinate with jeans and other girly fashion items. Like my guy side I have a few "core items" and coordinate out ... so no big peacock wardrobe here. Funny though as the peacock (male) is brightly coloured while the peahen (female) is drab.

Hugs

Isha

Michelle... You have been given a gift. Enjoy being a peacock... You need & deserve being the beautiful Michelle. Peace, melissa

I would try and tone it down but my girlfriends who were my fashion advisers always encouraged me to go the whole nine yards.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Some times my inner peacock is very big. I don;t go out so there is only my wife to tell my i'm pushing the envelope.
    Angie