Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dressing at the gym

central florida east of orlando near the coast

dressing at the gym

I recently joined a gym again in an effort to lose weight and get my girlish figure back. I was curious to know how many dress in feminine workout gear while at the gym.

Uh, not me. Sorry, but I've found most fitness facilities are filled with judgmental narcissist surrounded by mirrors. I haven't found a gym where I felt CD-ing would be even slightly accepted.

I had thought about joining one of those gyms that have locations all over the US. I did a 7 day trial and dressed in full VSX(for the gals that don't know, it stands for Victoria's Secret Sport) minus the shoes. I went early morning though just so I didn't make other people uncomfortable. The only thing I wasn't able to do was use the women's restroom/shower facilities even though they were single use. It was interesting to say the least but I didn't have anybody look at me any differently or hear any negative comments that suggested that I was a guy dressed in female workout clothes.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Jamie never gone to a gym dressed as such but have walked in my local park several times in my girly wear.
    I have a treadmill at home and always have my racer back tops on as well as shorts or spandex shorts
    I have several and love them all. Just makes me want to work harder in my workouts

I don't go to the Gym dressed or underdressed (except toe nail polish sometimes).

I'm afraid I'd get stuffed in a locker.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i guess it depends on your confidence and how well you pass too...personally...i would never...there is a time and a place for everything...i love workout gear...in the private of my home or outdoors....but a gym....i dunno......thats just me though. Little too much testosterone in there, but if you have the confidence who is to say you shouldnt.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    Jamie never gone to a gym dressed as such but have walked in my local park several times in my girly wear.
    Ditto for me too. Never been to the gym yet, but I do wear some fairly obvious girls' workout tees, shorts and baseball caps at the park/ranch where I jog in "girly boy mode".
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    I have worn women's shorts and top to the gym before. Even wore a sports bra under darker tops a couple times.

We don't go to the gym anymore...........but I didn't dress when we did........that doesn't mean I didn't want too! On occasion, i'd have the toes painted and almost forget when changing shoes/socks.

Have lots of fun & challenging DVDs at home.....here is a terrible quality pic from a home work out. If I did go to the gym or running outside, I'd love to wear this and just love the feel of yogi pants and capris too......like many have said........don't want to get everyone riled up and stuffed in a locker.

I keep my legs shaved this time of year and it's been warm enough to go running a few times in Jan here in Texas........put on my "Sweet Nothings" shapers and soccer gals soccer shorts and no one has a clue i'm 50/50 dressed.

Sorry for the pic in the mirror......it's the only pic I have in workout gear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KristinTX; 01-22-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Yeah Kristin love the picture, I love going in the park, when it gets warmer Im going to go with some makeup on put on my ball cap and when someone walks by me I will leave them wondering lol

I would not want to get thrown out in the street.
    Discretion is the better part of..... something?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    To be honest, working out has always been a guy thing for me and I still see it that way . . . so Isha is along for the ride on this one.

Hmmm . . . possible business venture TG Fitness Centers Any backers out there?

Hugs

Isha

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Isha...In Vegas...it might actually work!!! In fact...your own hotel would !!!!....

Gone to live my life
    Wow . . . I see a whole hotel/spa/fitness venture here.

Noooo - all that sweat and nice underwear (and some of it surplus to requirements....) - yeeuk!

Guy mode only for me...

I feel I might have lost some Girly Points here....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    No loss of girly points from my perspective. I normally jump rope for 40 mins of cardio and doing so with breast forms is not something I want to try. Besides, my arms are too big to look even remotely girly.

Hugs

Isha

Isha - I suspect a lot of places you'd be fine - I'm convinced there's an enclave of ex-DDR women's discus throwers who defected in the 70s camped out in my local...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I am fortunate to have a small gym set up at home. I always workout on the elliptical or treadmill wearing a running skort, and of course a sports bra! I then move over to the Bowflex to do some toning. I also ride my bike (outside) almost every morning when it's nice out. For that I wear running capris, bright neon ankle socks, sports bra, and bright neon green running shirt. I personally would not go to a gym dressed...too many people with bad attitudes!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Noooo - all that sweat and nice underwear (and some of it surplus to requirements....) - yeeuk!

Guy mode only for me...
    ditto for me
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Platinum Member
    I've done it a couple of times without reaction or incident.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I work out in drab. However my painted toenails have been noticed in the locker room and I always have a pair of panties on under my shorts / work out pants

It wouldn't be my first choice unless, perhaps, I owned the gym.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wear woman's panties but that's about it.

I wear panties to and from the gym. I change out of the panties and put on compression shorts. I wear girls gym shorts, the longer style and girl warm up suits that are androgynous in appearance. The only give away that the warm up suit is girls is the purple piping at the bottom of each leg. When the work out is over and I have showered its back to the panties .

Some of my workout gear

This was my workout gear for this morning. Not usually in wig and makeup but I had been out so kept it on.
    Attached Images Attached Images