My motto is "Normal gibt's schon (normal already exists)!"

Much more fun to be weird!

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I'm probably not normally normal. But I got used to it
    so it feels normal.

Now I have to find something weird to do....I wish I
    hadn't thought about it, now...

♥ Kate

Normal is only applicable to the environment you are in. This forum classes people who wear womens clothes and appendages (breast forms etc) as normal but the general community class that as aberrant behavior. The same way you would (hopefully) class a pedophile club as being aberrant perverted and sick, but they may feel they aren't doing anything wrong, even though its illegal and very disturbing.
    Normality is fluid and has to be taken within a context.
    You wife or SO may feel you are NOT normal but on this site we'll tell you that what you do is perfectly normal. Two totally different environments with different interpretations but its the context that changes the outcome....Ellie

Statistically speaking, all points on a bell curve are "normal."
    The ones in the middle may occur more often than those on the fringe, but they all qualify as normal.

I have heard that anywhere from 3 to 8 percent of men crossdress in some fashion.
    We all fit into 'normal' we just aren't in the meat of the bell curve.

But let's look at the "actual" numbers, shall we?

Assuming the low end and taking a rough estimate that half of the close to 7 billion people in the world are male, that means that 0.03 X 3,500,000,000 = 10.5 million crossdressers in the world. If you add in ALL the GG's in the world (because they ALL crossdress), that number becomes 3,510,500,000 crossdressers!!!

That's a lot of people to not be "normal".

Seriously, though,

I personally feel I am just as normal and just as weird and just as quirky as the next guy or the next cd or the next gurl or girl. I look to myself and do my best to keep balance in my life. Being CD is part of that and that is that...

Shelby

Denying yourself to conform to a socially constructed idea of what is 'normal' seems to be a part of the human condition in all times and places. I suspect that if we could all read each each others thoughts all of the time though, the idea of what is 'normal' might expand just a little don't you think?
    If people in general are cutting off their individual edges to fit this manufactured ideal of what is normal, and that idea of normal is constantly shifting and expanding, what the hell are we doing? I think the more authentic we all can be, the more we expand and affect the idea of what is normal. It's always the courageous few that move and change the 'normal' definition.
    What is normal? How long is a piece of string?
    Now where the f*** are my stockings?

Crossdressing is normal.
    Being transgendered is normal.

Living your whole life pretending to be something you're not -- that's weird.

What's normal is what the individual feels it is. Sure, for us, crossdressing is normal. To virtually all women (and men, of course), it is definitely NOT normal, and not something they find sexually attractive in a man. So if you want to date a woman, finding one who feels crossdressing is 'normal', and acceptable in her mate, is going to be difficult indeed. In this 21st century, there are lots more people who are willing to 'live and let live', but tolerating it is a whole different story from liking it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

One of my all time favorite quotes "life is too short to be a sheep". Why be normal when normal is sooooo boring?

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Crossdressing is normal.
    Being transgendered is normal.

Living your whole life pretending to be something you're not -- that's weird.
    Loving it - DeeDee

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    we are normal....everyone else is weird.......

Wonderfully put for me too Miss Adriana.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    If we have a feminine "connection" because of the natural probability of how our brains developed in the womb, then we are a completely natural and normal phenominon of nature.

Funny you say that.

There is a test to see how crazy you are but not one to see if you're normal...

@--}----
    Sally.

Sorry, I missed this somehow:

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    Statistically speaking, all points on a bell curve are "normal." The ones in the middle may occur more often than those on the fringe, but they all qualify as normal.
    I think what we have to be concerned with is not 'statistically speaking'; it's how women feel about men who crossdress. And I assure you, the vast majority most certainly do not feel that it is in any way 'normal'.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-25-2014 at 01:33 AM. Reason: added info
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sometimes_miss, I think you missed it again.

My comment about "statistically speaking" is correct and if you read past the tongue-in-cheek numbers part of my post to the last line( the one just after 'seriously though')
    I believe that what we need to be concerned with is not what women feel about men who crossdress but rather how we feel about ourselves.
    We will never make everybody happy with what we do whether it is our job or our lifestyle; I have family that can't understand why I gave up a job making just over minimum wage as a radio announcer to go back to school to make over six figures in the high tech world - go figure.
    We need to get to a place where we are happy with who we are and look to surround ourselves with people that will love and support us because of or in spite of that.
    Once I figured out how to be happy with me and found ways to keep balance in my life - including my crossdressing -my life became much easier and the fact that I CD became much less of an issue.

As a very wise mentor once told me; "Your opinion of me is none of my business. It's just not my garbage."

Shelby

Normal is boring. I don't want to be normal.

I couldn't imagine living a life that would be described as "normal" to "society"... It just seems so boring and uninteresting. But hey thats just me, YMMV.

Normal is a setting on the clothes dryer. It should never be used to describe any aspect of the human condition (IMHO). Each human is unique, each of us has our "quirks", as Michelle pointed out in her earlier post. Embracing and attempting to understand our "uniqueness" would go a long way toward solving many of society's so-called "problems". Our civilization would never advance if it were populated only by "normal people". I dare say that no one who has ever achieved anything great in history would have been described by their peers as normal.

Normal is different things to different people. Also normal can change. It use to not be normal for women to wear slacks in public, but now it is considered very normal. I think many people make themselves miserable trying to conform to someone elses definition of normal.

Gone to live my life
    Normal is over-rated and usually the concept of people who want everyone to be cookie cutter versions of them. Unfortunately, it is a hard fight to not be considered normal. I think E.E. Cummings said it best:

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

Hugs

Isha

Such words of wisdom from E. E. Cummings. I soooo agree with that!

Thank you Isha.