Thread: An amazing checkout lady (Walmart)

Follow your dream.

An amazing checkout lady (Walmart)

I was at walmart to buy groceries. Had a cart full of food. Also saw pantyhose on special so got a few packs. I was surprised at how the checkout lady handled the pantyhose. And surprised she seemed to know its for me (I was presenting as a regular male). She double bagged the pantyhose and placed it under the fruit in another bag. She pretty explained to me what she was doing. At the end she reminded me that "your socks are in the bag under the fruit. Don't forget!"

She did it in a very kind and caring manner. Very subtle. I was pleasantly surprised. She was was around 50 yrs old.

I told me wife about it and she said awww that is so cute of her :-)

Occasionally we are recognized for what we are and some people are emphatic in a caring way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pretty cool when that happens.Some checkout people can really make your day.

Can you imagine that somewhere on the internet there is a forum for MachoMen and some dude is posting the exact same scenario but saying Can you believe that Bit** thought they were for me? How dare her think I am some sort of sissy.

and some can make it demoralizing..

sounds nice.. this actually happend at wal-mart that is surprising in itself.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I bought a skirt at Walmart and the checkout person commented that it was a really cute skirt and that she might buy one for herself. She didn't say one way or another, but I'm pretty sure she knew it was for me.

That is one of the most encouraging and nice things I have read here in a long time. I only wish this was the norm instead of the exception. That was a Lady.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

The vast majority of cashiers that I've had totally ignore the items and press. A few have commented similar to above. And I've had a couple, both men give me kind of dirty looks as if they were going to spit on me. Still, vast majority have been positive : )

I usually use the self checkout when I get feminine clothes. Of course it usually has problems and an associate has to help. If they ask, I usually say that its for a bet I lost or something. Sometimes they're courteous, other times the guys give me dirty looks. Sometimes I just say they're for my girlfriend, which is kinda true. She enjoys seeing me dressed up, so its not entirely untrue.

Still, I wish more people were like the lady you described.

I have purchased some women's clothes at Wal-Mart before. I will buy stuff in guy mode but I also need to be careful... need to try and not purchase them at the Wal-Mart I work at. Like one of the other ladies has said, I usually use the self-check registers if the store has some. I have purchased other women's things there as well with no comment in guy mode as well. You know you have made a friend when shopping or buying something and you mention in some way or form that the items are for you or that the cashier knows the item is for you and not somebody else and are perfectly ok with it or will be willing to help you the next time you go there.

That was very sweet.
    Very nice cashier and sure it put a smile on your face.
    It did to me just hearing this.

Shelly

Great experience. I used to camo the buy like throwing some gift wrap and a gift card in with the stuff. Now it's like -- whatever. Nothing has ever been said.

I enjoy shopping at Walmart myself, never had a problem. Of course, it is quite possible that this checkout lady's SO is one of us girls!

I've always been so paranoid... won't buy my things anywhere other than online right now....

I would seek out this lady the next time that you go to that store and buy stuff for your other self.

Isn't it great when sales clerks are cool about us? Thanks for sharing this story.

Time was when I'd make up little pink lies about the female stuff I'd buy. Then I thought about how silly that seemed -- the SA's probably knew it was for me anyway. Besides, it might make for fun conversation when it's clear that they were my clothes. Nowadays I'm more likely to be en femme when I'm shopping, but it's still fun when I shop en drab.

Every little bit helps toward educating folks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I've never had a problem at Walmart. Just the other day I had to stop in for some stuff - 1 bag of potatoes, 1 bag frozen vegetable, 3 pkgs of pantyhose (3 packs) - so the femme purchase was more items than the food. Just rang through as a sale and off I went.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Gold Member
    Awwww.... That isn't just being nice, that is caring a lot extra. Since she had an idea what was up, she could have just moved it along without a comment. Sounds like a special person to me.