Thread: Anonymous angel at Goodwill

Anonymous angel at Goodwill

I stopped at Goodwill on the way home to see what I could find. I have shopped at this Goodwill before and have always had good experiences. Today however, blew me away...
    If you have ever shopped at Goodwill, you know that it is a treasure hunt to find anything. The sizes are all mis-marked and nothing is where it is supposed to be. Today was no different. I found a few skirts and headed to the dressing rooms. The lady with the key unlocked one for me and in I went for round one. No luck.
    I looked around some more and headed back to the dressing room. Again, no luck.
    The third time I went back to the dressing room, I could not believe what happened. All I can imagine is that since all the skirts I was looking at were a similar style and size range, somebody noticed and decided to help me out. As I was trying on the third batch of skirts, someone reached over the door and hung a skirt on the inside of the door(the doors are open at the top and bottom) It was perfect. Fits like a dream and even goes with the boots I bought a few weeks ago.

I just wish I knew who to thank.

Shelby

Shelby,
    Probably the lady who unlocked the door.

Hugs,,,

Banned Read only
    Wow! That is awesome, good for you

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    So cool, goodwill is hit an miss I found a hit last weekend. The 2 goodwills I've been to no one monitors the dressing area which I love because I always shop in drab.
    So happy for you

My So and I go to goodwill once a week usually. Drop off stuff and look for stuff for me to flesh out my wardrobe. When I finally locked down my sizes I've had fantastic luck with pants/jeans there.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Wow, That is So Cool!

That is VERY cool!!! I love hearing positive stories like this!

It is great to hear stories about helping people.
    Good for you,

Shelly

Missed your opportunity
    Should have yelled out "Thanks. Fits great. Do you see any shoes or a blouse that will go?"

Isn't that heart-warming? I love stories like that; they make me feel like we are making a little progress in this crazy world!

Good luck on future visits there; I wish I could go with you!!

Hugs,
    Jen

A rare experience indeed. Thanks for sharing!

Banned Read only
    My bet is another cross dresser or a cross dressers wife...angels they were for sure. Sweet...

Vanny

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow there really is a good fairy.

Banned Read only
    I don't care what we call them...they know style and size and they are a keeper!

Vanny

Platinum Member
    Hi Shelby, Maybe you have a secret admirer.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    I would guess it is one of the workers. They pickup on these things when they aren't too busy. A very nice story!

You would think that someone, somewhere in the field of retail would have an epiphany and figure out that that assisting men trying on feminine clothes could be a boost to their sales.

There are a lot of us.

Shelby,
    People like us are regulars at Goodwill, some of the staff do go out of their way to help us.
    I am known at a couple of shops and I always have someone looking out for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do think it was the lady that unlocked the dressing room for me.
    She had disappeared somewhere when I checked out.
    I do browse this particular Goodwill every so often so perhaps I have been recognized.
    I always shop in drab and never really go out of my way to hide what I am doing or what I am shopping for.
    I guess they just want my repeat business.
    Now if I could only get them to organize their clothes so I could find stuff easier.

Shelby

I wish something like that would happen for me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Wink It's better to be lucky than goodwill!

There's a special Goodwill in the town next to mine. They sell only top of the line articles. I was near there yesterday signing some legal papers and stopped there for a few minutes on my way home. Lots of nice things. But, nothing that I really needed. However, there WAS this wedding dress that appeared to be my size for $20. I already have one. But, I thot about that dress last nite. I had to go back today, Friday, to sign some other papers. Well, Friday is the day Goodwill changes their color that will be 1/2 price for the next week. So, on my way home again, I just HAD to stop and see that wedding dress again. If it was still there?

As it turned out, it WAS still there and it had the rite color tag on it. Got it for $10. Took it home and it's a near perfect fit!

The fact that their linens were 1/2 price today only was just icing on the cake! Got 2 brand new comforter sets for our mountain cabin, too! Ya gotta love Goodwill!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It sounds like you had a great shopping experience. I have always done reasonably well finding treasures at Goodwill and other thrift stores.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Wow there really is a good fairy.
    I used to wish I was a good fairy...(or even a bad one)
    I was wayyyy too big so I decided to just be a french maid.
    ...which worked out Nicely! for a few years.

- Kate ♥

Goodwill and other thrift stores are fun. Its time you introduced yourself. I did, at least at my three favorite thrift stores. Make sure they know your dress, bra and shoe size. Sometimes they help me find what I want, or find clip-on earrings or shoes that match an outfit. I hope to get the nerve to ask for assistance with matching accessories, like a purse or necklace next time. I also bought a wedding dress. They can help you find bracelets, old watches or rings that fit big hands. Shop often, you never know when something amazing will show up.
    The wig, glasses, and dress in my avatar all came from thrft shops.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 01-24-2014 at 11:14 PM.