Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question for the more "mature " ladies: pierced ears

Hi MeDeanna, I am 54 and I just had my ears pierced last summer. It doesn't hurt any more than a bug bite. I have had earrings in every day since, I love them! Originally I had small gold balls, but for Christmas my wife gave me a pair of diamond studs! A couple people have asked me why I did tit, but no one has said anything bad about them.
    Stephanie

I'm 56 yrs old. Got mine pierced 10 years ago. Its great to wear ear rings in either mode. Very few comments one Way or the other.

I had mine done at 63, two years ago. Since then I can't pass a jewellery counter without looking and often buying. Putting in my ear rings makes me feel more complete as a woman. I am thinking of adding a second hole or a nose stud or maybe my nipples.
    I warn you pierced ears are a vice, an addiction worse and more expensive than any other. But they're such fun!

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

I've been thinking about that very same thing. At 59 I think I might ,what the heck it's my life. I never liked the look of clip-ons any way, I think the feel of dangling on my lobes will be exquisite.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Had mine done around age 60. I am very sensitive to shots of any kind (tend to pass out) but got through it ok. It did take a while to heal, like six months, but it is one of the best things I've done for Dee, second only to learning how to tuck. I have a dozen studs I choose from daily to match my shirt in guy mode, and I love the chandelier earrings I get to wear in lady mode. I say go for it.

deeDee

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    To paraphrase Ann Landers (or was it Dear Abby?):

"How old will you be in 5 years if you don't get your ears pierced?"

i have 4 in my left ear and 1 in my right and want to get at least 2 more in my right ear. no pain at all...but if its pain you want ,
    try getting your nipples pierced!! i have a high tolerance for pain but that hurt like a motherf@#&*$...
    paula

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I had it done at age 49. It was an instantaneous pinch. I must admit that they were a little annoying as we continued to walk around the mall but after 15 min I completely forgot we had done anything that night but shop.

Miriam
    I had mine done at 51, two years ago. I work in a conservative business in a conservative state, yet have never had any problems with anyone about it. A few friends asked about it, but just told them 'I felt like it'. Very undramatic.

Miriam

I got mine pierced at age 64 which was five years ago. It goes so fast, it feels like a little pinch but once the studs are in, there's no pain at all. I keep my studs in continuously in guy mode and only remove them when I dress and wear beautiful earrings with an outfit.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I will get them pierced when I announce my retirement in a few years. Until then it's clip on's for me.

Silver Member
    If you are seriously dying to pierce your ears - just do it. What are you waiting for?

I like your attitude. I feel certain that after raising my family and attaining most if not all of the American Dream, I have the right to my dream.

Thank you.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Wish I could but that would be too much of a give away. Not something hidden easily by short hair.

i had short hair and had 1 in each ear, then i put in the 2nd set and no questions, then i started to grow out my hair and put in the 3rd set and still no fuse, my hair is below my shoulders and keep it in a pony tail all the time. and now i wear studs in the top 2 and 3/4 inch hoops in the bottom all the time.

I'm 54, and I've never had a piercing or a tattoo. I'd love to have my ears pierced, but it's not something that can be hidden in the workplace. As a matter of fact, wearing any jewelry in the workplace is not allowed for those of us who work around moving machinery and high voltages. Nevertheless, if a fifty year old man were to suddenly show up at work with both ears pierced, the implications, or should I say reactions, are obvious. I live and work in a small community that is not very tolerant. I also work a contract that is reviewed annually. I've been working this contract for five years and wouldn't want to create any friction.

I wonder how many others face this dilemma. Probably, if both my wife and I did not have this work issue, we'd be long gone from the little closet.

Something else I would love to do, not quite sure how the SO would go for it thou !

I also work in a metal stamping / fabrication plant, i`m not really sure I have the confidence to suddenly show up with two pierced ears ... Its not anything like getting your first tattoo at 50+.