Thread: The Question

The Question

It happened again. Let me start by saying Iv'e been off work for about 11/2 weeks now and since the first day I began to smooth out the rough edges that occur during my employment in a strictly macho field. Shaved face clean even the little sideburns started using "Garnier" ultra lift line smoother at night and touch-up during the day-WOW!!! what a difference. My hair worn down and styled somewhat with gel and non-aerosol spritz for hold. I even put a small curl at the tips of my lashes and shaped, clear coat on my nails.Under garments of course, and with muti-layered clothes my "Genie" bra does not show. Well for the last 3 days I've gone to the drug store (large national chain) to replenish some of my much needed items. But today around 1pm I was standing in front of the hosiery section looking over the panty hose for my size and shade(I put a run in my last pair)when a rather pretty young woman (about 30 yrs my junior)asked if I needed help to which I replied "I seem to have forgotten my size" hoping the words went unnoticed,her reply was well lets see, whats your weight? I replied and we began to look at sizing on the packaging(I already knew how).Both smiling when a question was asked "are you one of those guys who wear womans clothes?" Yes and we prefer "crossdresser",I thought so she replied and I love your hair. It turns out she is a cashier/security person and told me she had seen me on previous days and was curious as to why I was buying only "ladies" items and this was a perfect time to ask. We parted and I left making sure the young boy at the register saw my polished nails while ringing up my pantyhose purchase.I know I"ll go back there as it is close to home and very convenient.It's the little things that make your day. I just had to pass this on.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well done Allisa.
    Being up front and not afraid of who you are is they way to do it.
    You have her respect now.

good for you allisa great story. you didn't knock on the door, you kicked it in!! i do admire your courage...i'm more of a turtle
    in this race...i'll eventually get to where i'm going, just at my own pace! i must admit that your story is very inspiring
    paula

Actually Tracii this was about the sixth time I fessed up to any-one and they all come see me when I go into their stores. Thus the title of my post. It does get much easier each time, all though I haven't encountered any negativity yet, I know its out there. How I handle that will be "The Question". Maybe one day soon I hope I will visit them in Femme.

Lisa
    Last edited by Allisa; 01-24-2014 at 09:12 PM. Reason: additional thought
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I have also come out when asked the question.
    It is so much easier and nobody laughs or are disgusted.
    Just helpful to the extreme usually.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations and enjoy your time off. Hopefully only temporary. Funny thing about the security comment. I was in a local CVS Pharmacy, big chain store across the USA. I was walking around looking to see if any of the store brands carried matte lipstick. That meant that I was stopping at each brands display area and actually reading what they had posted next to their products. All of a sudden I hear from the local speaker in the ceiling, "We have noticed that you are looking for something in this section. You can ask for assistance so that we can help you find what you are looking for." Outed by a security camera and a loudspeaker! I kept shopping and figured that it was probably some automated detection system to show customers that they want to help, you know that nice personal touch by a computer. Who knows, maybe someone in security really were watching me. I didn't really care, but it did make me think about how much they may really be watching their customers and me.

What a nice encounter, glad your putting yourself out there.
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"