Thread: What a Week (a note of optimism)

What a Week (a note of optimism)

Well, it all started last Saturday night. My wife and I had a babysitter, and we had one of those rare occasions when we could talk, as we drove to a friend's surprise b-day party. (With two toddlers at home, those moments can be rare.)

Anyway, she explained that certain signs indicated that I may be interested in more than just crossdressing, something further along the spectrum. I explained that I did not want to suggest any potential course of action, without being sure, so that I did not unnecessarily freak her out. Then, she told me that no matter what, we will always be a family, and that she was never going to leave me, regardless of the path I took. I can't tell you how relieved and lucky that made me feel. She is truly amazing, and I let her know that. I probably should do that more often.

Tonight, I came out to my brother as transgender, whatever that means! I suspected he would be be able to accept it, but I was anxious all day just thinking about how I would spring that news on him. His bottom line was that he loves me, he thinks no less of me, and he feels for me in that he understood it may be difficult.

So, it's been an amazing week, and I realize how lucky I am. But, I also wanted to pass along some good news, just as a reminder that there is hope for many of us that our loved ones will continue to support us, no matter the circumstances (lawful ones, anyway)!

Best wishes,
    Cate

What a great post! Thanks for sharing, I am sure that over the years you also supported, loved and respected your loved ones and you deserve the same in return, unfortunately this is not always the case for some of us, very happy for you.

Well done and good for you. I wish you the best for the future....Ellie

Banned Read only
    Cate,

Touching post...thanks for sharing. I know life is not fair. I love it's challenges and turns and embrace each new frontier that i am faced with eagerly. But I am not brave, nor driven as you are for this change personally. I can absolutely see why you would be drawn and act though.

I am not sure what your story is, however what you shared made my week. I am happy for both of you and your family. I am grateful that one more person, chose to act according to their inner feelings and will live their life as they wish.

For all us that don't want that, aren't there yet or in-between, we thank you for adding one more story of change, dreams and acting to live ones life to the fullest.

Vanny

Caitlyn,
    It must be comforting for you to have the support that you appear to have from your wife.
    May the rest of your days be as pleasurable.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank you all for the kind replies. I know not everyone's reactions will be the same to this kind of news, and there are some people whom you just know could never accept the big T word. So, I am not sure how many others I will share this with in the near term (other than the flock of T-girls that I go out with from time to time). But, I feel like a weight has been lifted.

I had a great deal of shame, self-loathing and depression before, but I have begun to start to accept myself, and a great deal of those negative emotions are receding. I also think that opening up to those who love you (and only you can decide if it is right) reduces the shame and stigma even more. After all, many secrets are kept out of fear and shame, right? So opening up means you are getting over those negative, false emotions.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for "listening"!

Cate

Every now and then someone posts something that is very positive and uplifting. This is one of those posts. Thank you, Caitlyn for sharing.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It's so amazing when people understand.

Glad to be here
    Thats awesome! It's great that the important people in your life are being so supportive.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I'm so glad she saw it and communicated it to you. I hope things go smoothly here on out.

Cate, it certainly sounds like good news for you - great that folk can be so supportive - awesome!

I just hope you know when you say: "I came out to my brother as transgender, whatever that means!" - that at least you know what it means, in your heart..? I hope so, and hope that things continue to progress well for you.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta