Well, it all started last Saturday night. My wife and I had a babysitter, and we had one of those rare occasions when we could talk, as we drove to a friend's surprise b-day party. (With two toddlers at home, those moments can be rare.)

Anyway, she explained that certain signs indicated that I may be interested in more than just crossdressing, something further along the spectrum. I explained that I did not want to suggest any potential course of action, without being sure, so that I did not unnecessarily freak her out. Then, she told me that no matter what, we will always be a family, and that she was never going to leave me, regardless of the path I took. I can't tell you how relieved and lucky that made me feel. She is truly amazing, and I let her know that. I probably should do that more often.

Tonight, I came out to my brother as transgender, whatever that means! I suspected he would be be able to accept it, but I was anxious all day just thinking about how I would spring that news on him. His bottom line was that he loves me, he thinks no less of me, and he feels for me in that he understood it may be difficult.

So, it's been an amazing week, and I realize how lucky I am. But, I also wanted to pass along some good news, just as a reminder that there is hope for many of us that our loved ones will continue to support us, no matter the circumstances (lawful ones, anyway)!

Best wishes,
Cate