Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could, who would you come out to first ?

Banned Read only

Talking If you could, who would you come out to first ?

I would start with myself first (wink) because I don't understand my motivations some times.

For me I think it would be my siblings. Why, because I think they would not lose a kidney over this type of news.

Vanny

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Male or Female siblings Vanessa?

Banned Read only
    Mostly female

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Well no brothers for me and came out at 12 to my next oldest sis under circumstances that were "in my favor".
    She kept quiet for me until I told another sis 3 years later.

Silver Member
    Individuals who would not be hurt, individuals who I think would be accepting.

Vanny,
    I would leave siblings out of the mix completely, or until they showed some interest.
    I would be inclined to come out to a friend first, that is if your wife already knows.

If your wife is not your first choice as a confidante, then there is something lacking in the relationship that needs patching up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I waited until they did sex ed and understood what would happen it their friends would find out.
    my 3 youngest know, oldest not tolerant person and would blab to family members who like causing trouble.
    I started the outing process by wearing cotton tights at home during winter to keep warm, then in to spring with lycra because it felt nice, by summer they knew about my dressing. Now my makeup and clothes disappear regularly on to the floor of their rooms.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Thanks for your post heather dress. I don't have those types of friends...Frankly and I hope this makes sense to people, I don't want more than one or two close friends. I don't like people in general...I am a very private person typically.
    Don't get me wrong there may be a point where i don't care about the overall implications of my coming out, but well it is complicated.

None-the-less, i agree with ideals to target those folks. Have you told folks?

Jeff

I like you...I hope to be brave one day... I chuckled at the story. Thanks for sharing.

Vanny

Hi Beverly,

Hard to explain the friend issue, so trust me, I am ok with it. I figure when I get to x age, I will do what i want and the hell with the consequences. Because I can.

I take it that everyone knows for you.... When did you tell them? How did that go?
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-25-2014 at 04:06 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, multiposting is not allowed, please read the rules regarding this

For me, my wife definitely.

Wife first - others on need to know

Banned Read only
    I came out in this order:
    1 myself
    2 therapist
    3 wife
    4 best friend (male)
    5 kids
    6 other close friends
    7 mother
    8 sister
    9 everybody else

If this is a "wish I could" thread I guess aid say my boss, so I could dress at work!

My sister knows I crossdress on a recurring basis, not much more.

My wife and I have no secrets - At least, none that I'm aware of! Anyway, we've always been very supportive of one another since we first met decades ago. However, at this point, the only other people I would consider sharing this with is my brother-in-law and his husband.

As for my family, my father and brother both passed away last year. That leaves my mother and sister, and they're much happier believing that we're all happy little suburbanites that never fail to show up at the polls, vote republican, drive an SUV or a sedan, host traditional dinner parties and always, always remain in good standing with the local social elites. In that sense, I've always been a rebel, but CDing would be one step over the line.

Let them have their fantasies.

As for friends... NEVER!

Maybe, I need to find a more congenial group of friends...

Banned Read only
    Thanks for your post Jaylah.

So sorry for your brother and father passing Terrible.

I am glad that there is another rebel like me that dresses and that you have the support if a loving wife.

You are a rich man in my mind with a very loving wife

Vanny

Banned Read only
    Well if you go that route you have our support.

If I said that to my boss. Lord I would be miserable. Hopefully you would get support and understanding

Banned Read only
    Paula,

Thanks for sharing. Did you lose any friends along the way and if so, did they come back as friends over time?

Thanks. Vanny

Aspiring Member
    No intention of ever coming out to anyone except my wife and she already knows.
    Anyone else would be a no win situation. I can see no positive outcomes from it at all.

Have shared it with pretty much all my friends.. starting with my best friends.. then other friends.. some good colleagues. After that some family members.

Haven't lost anyone yet.. for which I feel truly lucky!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Platinum Member
    Hi Vanessa, Out to my wife only I don't feel the need to burden anyone else.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I can and have. Wife, step daughter several neighbors, several former coworkers ...all after some consideration. But also to our vet, my optometrist, dry cleaner....if you go out in public you're out to a lot of people.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I used to go running for over 10 yrs. with a GG,and we became pretty close,so I guess it would be her.In fact I even thought about it the last time I saw her. However,I decided it was better to just let sleeping dogs lie.

Gone to live my life
    I came out to my wife first, daughter (28 y/o), sisters, friends and work colleagues (mind my friends and colleagues are mostly the same).

Hugs

Isha

Wife already knows, so my Stepdaughter would have to be 1st. (I think she already has an inkling).
    Then I guess I would just go about my daily life and let everyone else discover as we came upon each other.
    SURPRISE!!!!!!

Banned Read only
    @Vanny - I lost my wife coming out. I told her that I was TG, but hoped to not transition. Didn't matter - we were over. I've been incredibly lucky otherwise though. My family and friends are largely all supportive. I lost most of my friends in Oklahoma - but not all. (They picked my wife's side.)

My childhood friends from Texas are all still friends with me. I think it helped when I came out that people like me, and I'm known as pretty stable and sober, so when I came out as trans, people were sympathetic.

If I could've stayed in the closet - there is no doubt in my mind that I would've. None.

I have come out to one person who is a life coach. I have no spouse or so. No plans right now to come out to anyone else. Since lately i have been out more in public where I live the odds increase people I know may find out. Not sure I will ever come out to family but they do not live close by.