Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So you are out dressed and a man comes up and hits on you...

I usually explain my orientation and get dropped like a hot potato.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I seem to get hit on more by girls! It rarely goes anywhere, but it's fun. I have a few male admirers at the club I frequent, but "I'm really not that kind of girl!" I have at least a dozen CD girlfriends who provide all the company I need with no commitments or baggage to contend with.

My first response to the question would be similar to Kristy's. I just doubt that I'd use the word 'cute'. Then, on more reflection, I'd probably feel more like Vanessa and wind up stammering something unintelligible.

In reality, I've been hit on by men in gay bars, but I was already with someone - My wife. I'd politely let the man know I was married. Then, pleasant conversation would follow and a little later on we'd go our own ways. Of course, I was in man mode and those coming on to me were bottoms imagining me to be a strong top.

If I were to actually go out dressed as a woman, I doubt I'd get hit on very often. But, if I did, and the guy was very masculine and self-confident, both my wife and I would ask for a phone number.
    Last edited by Jaylah414; 01-25-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Let's see. The first time the guy bought me a drink, his boyfriend joined us, they bought me more drinks...then went home together. The second time the guy just wanted to talk about clothes and wanted me to take him home and "dress him" up...he went home alone. After that it is a blur, most want sex and when I tell them I don't do that but if they want to date me for awhile, it may happen. I go home, alone. Three men have taken the challenge and have seen me on a regular basis...one ended up to be a jerk, one was married and the third freaked when he did get me home and left his own apartment.

So to answer the question, what do I do now? I smile, listen to their stories, let them but me drinks, maybe kiss my neck...then I send them home...alone
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

As a GG, my usual response to a stranger's advances is to make sure I'm not sending out any encouraging signals. I don't smile, I don't make eye contact, I go about my business. If he continues, I leave.

Banned Read only
    I always wonder if I were born now how would my life be different. I think it would be largely the same bar other friends and geography I also think if I waited twenty more years not a lick would care except radicals and homophobe/rednecks (wink). I just think except in some very specific geographies and situations the younger generation is not bothered by these things as our parents and our generation

I get hit on at straight bars a lot and it has taken me quite a long time to get used to it. I think it is just like girls in their teens you have to experience it to get comfortable. Most all of us never went through that training so now in our later years we are novices. My advice is go with the flow. We regret rarely what we do but what we didn't do.
    Vicky from Michigan

Banned Read only
    You vixen lynn! Nice to have such a nice mix of friends and admirers I suppose. Thanks for sharing. I hope to be as brave as you one day!

Hugs,

Vanny

Wow,

That is incredible for me to comprehend. I am worried about the simplest things and doing a rather poor job of just keeping my wig on my head lorileah. I also don't find men attractive in reality (at least that is my situation now), but find the story an amazing adventure for fantasy. Thanks for sharing

Also, I love the amount if fold here that go out and have braved the world before us. Used to go out many times but not currently. You all may not give it the bat if an eye but us folks do get the courage and strength to move forward with our inclinations due to the inspiration you provide.

Respectfully.

Vanny

Jaylah. I think you would be surprised about what would happen vs our perceptions. It never ceases to amaze me about how much the ladies bash their hands, feet and height etc etc. then you read the posts and we are just being too difficult on ourselves.

Thanks for taking time to post your thoughts

Vanny
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-26-2014 at 02:03 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, when responding to multiple post use multiquote or edit please Thanks

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I've had it happen a few times once at the car wash I was having my Mustang detailed and the guy doing it said You are a perfect match for this car.Are you busy on Sat I would love to take you out for dinner.I said yeah sure that sounds like fun. He was cute and the date went really well.
    He knew from the get go and was very cool with it.
    I was shopping at an Ace hardware for a few lawn and garden items and the older guy(SA) more my age LOL complimented me on my hair and outfit.
    I thanked him for the nice compliment then he asked if I would like to get coffee sometime.I declined and said I'm married sorry but thank you for the offer.

I would thank them and a say I'm sorry I'm taken by the most beautiful girl in the world
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Act like a Lady would, I am not interested in males, so I just ignore their advances and I do not make eye contact. This works, and if not I tell them I am only into female, I am Lesbian.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    "Sorry sugar, I'm a lesbian."
    You kill me!

I've only been approached once. Was a late night stroll in a town square type setting. Fairly dimly lit, some guy caught me off guard by riding up on a bicycle. He rode by and turned around and rode back to me.
    All he said was hi, but I knew what was going on. Scared witless, more of being clocked, than personal safety. If the situation had turned for the worse, he may have found out what Hell on Heels is. All I could say was hey, and I turned and walked away from him back to my car. Needless to say he headed in the same direction at a distance, kind of paralleling my path. When I got to my car he was about 20 ft. away. He said "your beautiful and I thought you looked upset. I just want to make sure your OK, and that you know your beautiful". Still slightly in panic mode, I just drove away. I finally calmed down, and the reality sank in. How flattering it was to be noticed and appreciated.

yes please!

I would be polite, and hope that she would be the same. I would also have thoughts about her eyesight.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 01-25-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Rose
    By the way Paula, has a woman ever hit on you out and about and been mean when they find out. I don't understand men and I certainly love looking at women however their wiring is different. After reading your post, I couldn't help but think they may get mad and mean?
    No, I've never been hit on by a woman, other than my current GF, and her approach was so tentative and shy that it's arguable that once she touched my shoulder and gently initiated contact, I took over from there. I'll report back if this happens. I don't go to many places where it would be likely - when I go to the lesbian bars now, it's with my GF to listen to music. (I don't drink.) I'm not sure what happens if a woman makes a pass at me, and I tell her "sorry honey, I'm taken, and I'm trans, but my gosh I'm flattered - you are stunning!" My understanding is that a lot of lesbians are fairly cool with trans women, but you know, everyone's different.

I give off a "she's a prudish librarian" vibe I think, so I don't get hit on a lot. I'm really NOT a prude, but you wouldn't know it by looking at me. I'd thought for a long time this happened because I was presenting as a male, but am not really one. However, my GF thought the same thing, and she's only ever known me as a woman. So apparently, it's just me.

Gold Member
    You mean this happens?

Stephanie, it also helps that you are a knockout!

well you england people are too calm .. i never allow a guy hit me, it never happend to me, but i hit him with anything i got, no matter if we finish at the police station.. no way ,it should never happend...
    love and kisses for all of you

The fellows who aren't deterred by my wedding ring would likely reconsider after they came closer and saw my face!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    I would help him find his glasses.

I'm taken and have been for four years :3 so thank you but there are single people elsewhere

If this ever happened to me I would just go with the "I'm taken" route. Seems like it would be the least awkward.

The chances of this happening to me dressed are on the low side of slim and none.

When I was much younger I used to get hit on by other men who seemed to think I was gay.
    Never did figure out exactly why but I found that the best answer is to just say "Thank you. I am very flattered but I am not interested in men."
    I still got several drinks and made some friends. Most all appreciated my being honest and the one time I did "try," I couldn't go through with it. Just not my cup of tea though I have to admit, he was a very good kisser.

Shelby

I've been hit twice I think. The first time was Halloween and I went out to a bar for Kareoke. As I sat at the bar, a guy approaches and asked me what song was currently being sung. I told him I didn't know without trying to disguise my voice. I found it puzzling to know how he couldn't realize I was actually a dude. The second time was a place called the Gay 90's in Minneapolis. I needed to just get out and that place seemed like a safe zone. I stood around watching the Drag Show when a younger man comes up and compliments my look and offers to buy me a drink. he tells me he's bi but I tell him I'm straight and interested in women (just typing that in this context sounded weird) and he moved on. Come to think of it, later that night some woman wanted me to dance with a guy she brought with her. He wasn't remotely attractive and I wasn't interested in dancing with a man and he looked very nervous. That made me very uncomfortable.