Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traps! What's all this, then?

Traps! What's all this, then?

I've been out of the CD scene for a few years and there is a whole new world of young TG girls who call themselves "traps." I'm not sure of the etymology of the term, but I am damn jealous of them! Young, beautiful, and not afraid to explore the boundaries of gender,

Banned Read only
    Young passable TG / CD women who date straight guys, who don't realize they aren't actually female until it's just way too late. From 4chan slang, where nearly everything stupid on the internet comes from...

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    That doesn't seem like a very good idea. A young straight guy could quickly become enraged upon finding out the hot girl in a mini dress has a surprise between her (his?) legs! Sounds like they would be opening the door for a good beating.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

In the day as a matter of fact just not too long ago was looking at pics of myself in my teens. I looked like a girl with my long hair, very thin. And I did dress then but shamefully hid it. Nowadays it being acceptable they can do it without fear. Gotta say a bit jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    That doesn't seem like a very good idea. A young straight guy could quickly become enraged upon finding out the hot girl in a mini dress has a surprise between her (his?) legs! Sounds like they would be opening the door for a good beating.
    Well, that's the "trans-panic defense" that is sometimes invoked when the person delivering the beating is charged with battery. It is usually unsuccessful.

That said, I can see some very tough ethical issues with a passable TG individual leading someone on who is not aware of their status. Yes, we should be able to lead the lives we want, but if we are interacting with others in ways that lead them to believe that we are going to engage in activities with them for which we are not "equipped" then we are guilty of fraud.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Sounds to me like a bunch of wannabes looking for trouble.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    There is nothing new about this , many years ago the term was "benny boy" , then "she-male", now "trap". It all refers to someone who presents female, then springs the truth at the most inopportune moment. The usual outcome was not good, usually physical violence against them, up to and including death. It is probably the number one cause of physical violence in our community. I say 'cause' because the misrepresentation is a conscious decision on their part.
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 01-26-2014 at 08:44 AM.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I dunno. It's continued more frequently with Japanese Anime and Manga nowadays.
    Just look up Hideyoshi Kinoshita from Baka to Test.....heh.
    Google "Hideyoshi trap" and you get all sorts of funny meme pics.
    Other stories about a guy having to be in a girl's only school...
    A lot more stuff is showing up in stories involving these.
    Don't really see any focus however on followed physical violence though.

I tend to feel Japan's handled these situations better than most in the
    world.. to even having real life clubs you can go to where all the maids
    and waitresses were "traps"...

I'd go visit those sometime if given the opportunity

And aside from Admiral Ackbar jokes...
    Last edited by KaceyR; 01-26-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: I inadvertently demoted Mr. Ackbar :)
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Kacey, I think you nailed it. It's the Admiral Ackbar thing from Star Wars where he yells "IT'S A TRAP!"

I agree with others that it's really dangerous. Sure the person beating your head in with a tire iron might go to jail for a few years but that won't bring you back from the dead.
    ~Linebacker Melissa

If a relationship starts to develop then I think the cd/tg has a duty ro disclose who they are. The sooner disclosure is made the better it is.

It's a big thing in anime to the point where it is pretty much a character archetype. My generation seems to be really big on anime too so I hear it used quite often around my school :P

Hideyoshi is a good example, probably the greatest really xP
    Some other well known ones are Mako-chan from Minami-ke (MTF) Haku from naruto who I think is FTM. I've also seen a lot of people reading Maria Holic which if I remember stars a trap.

As far as the whole issue of telling someone that, I believe you should well before it becomes a surprise. Obviously not right away but definitely way before that becomes what you're going to do. I know it is probably hard and a lot of the girls probably are trying to wait until SRS to tell them or something but it will make things more difficult if things happen to come out like that o.e Plus the whole relationship would be compromised because if you lie about something as big as your genitalia, as a partner I would question what else you probably lied about :s I can't speak from experience though as I have only known one "Trap" in real life and he did not set a good image for the community and he was very vocal about it :P so whoever was interested in him/her knew very well what he or she was getting into.

Corrected my Ackbar demotion
    I have always thought (including reading Vanessa's thread about getting hit on...) that I would make darn sure that the person knew from the beginning about me.
    I would rather have it known and then for them to run away than let things run for any duration then spring it on them later.
    Bigger resentments then can happen... as it's unfair to them.
    And since I don't think my CD'ing is something I could turn off + on... and if I did stop it wouldn't be permanent enough.
    So I'd rather be truthful in all situations from the start. Then if things continue, then fine.
    It may be limiting... but starting any relationship with falsehoods isn't in my nature anyways.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Banned Read only
    We are the only ones that put ourselves in these situations.
    As such I agree that we should disclose our identity

There is always a dark element in everything that will seek attention and be self serving.

I don't get people that are dishonest or deceptive. If they are this way abou something huge like this, you can only imagine
    What else is not being said.

For me, I get grossed out and am HIGHLY PICKY with the folks I date. Just talked about this today as a matter of fact

I get freaked out if a person has had two or three partners before me. This type of person would make me sick to my stomach if for their deception and lies something happened and sex occurred. I would not be able to sleep for 5 years etc until until I knew I was clean.

Call me strange, I don't want to be where another's body was with a partner. Why don't I just have sex with them too. YUK. YAK!!!!

Vannypukepuke:

Does seem a risky thing to do - while I have no doubt anyone meeting me dressed would have no doubt about the well developed shoulders and tell-tale wrinkles, etc. it's just ethically wrong not to be up front about who you really are. But the naivety of youth, I suppose - and one does question their motives for leading young fellas on... it's not just a bit of a laugh, is it?

And Sarah, Cheryl - don't be jealous - there's much more to be said for beauty with experience - and some of us girls have that!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

For what it worth here is the sub reddit
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-27-2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: link required adult permission

I know the word traps comes from the world of animations-anima (cartoons) out of japan. Looks like its now going to refure to the next generation of m2f (mostly) that are excepting there femside at a very young age, as for the risk stuff (there young and stupid - and young always push the envolope to the very edge )
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Similar to us but with very different values.
    We all know the dangers.
    It is a changing face of society.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Vanessa Rose

You are looking for a virgin by the sounds of it! Not sure a virgin is going to work out so well. As far as STD's go,you can do your own "due diligence" and usually know where you stand..
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-26-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: No need to quote the whole post, read the rules about quoting
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Learned something new! Thanks for the info... and thanks Paula for the reddit info. I never even heard of reddit before.

Banned Read only
    I guess to each their own. Others can do whatever they want but for me, and this is not a judgement on anyone else, if I want your past spouses/partners doowiggie or Johnson in my mouth I would have dated them.

I am very, very selective and for me, it has worked and that is all that matters. I would not be with a partner that varied from my ideal, because I would not want that and this the person would not be attractive to me.

I think by my statement, I have eliminated my desire for a virgin.

Hard to explain but this is one of the many, many conundrums and quirks of Vanessa Rose. I also find it sexually exciting that my partners have had other partners and want to hear that they were satisfied and how so. I want to top all others. Anyway if you figure me out fine, but I just have this internal compass and it has always steered me right as far as I can tell!
    Now for the hate mail

Vanny
    Last edited by Vanessa Rose; 01-26-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Really glad I saw this thread, I've been wondering about this. Ackbar had occurred to me too, just couldn't make the connection!

While the "surprise" factor is definitely a part of it, the term has evolved more to mean someone that is completely convincing as a female. Most anime/chan geeks hold traps separate from cross-dressers and even transgendered individuals. So now it's less about having a secret, and more about passing so well that people don't even believe you are/were born a male.

Sounds like a variation on the term "genderf**k"
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

I went to a support group once and a girl there called herself a she.male.
    That day I realized that it doesn't matter what you call yourself as long as you're happy.

(Sorry for bypassing the filter but I kinda need to say the word to get my point across)

It is risky, stupid and hurts the rest of us via the public view of gender.