Thread: Becoming "just a girl"

Becoming "just a girl"

How do you go out en femme and become "just a girl"? By that I mean nothing special but just like a girl who socializes with others and doing nothing to draw undue attention to yourself. When I first started going out in public it was for a purpose and that purpose was to attend TG Org meetings and get to know others like myself and socialize and talk. From the beginning I just kind of jumped in and was fluid in my interaction with the other members just as if I had known them forever and we talked about everything and anything. That was over 12 years ago and I have never regretted doing that. By virtue of interacting with others, I became a virtual people person and outgoing and eventually landed a supervisory job that I never would have had the courage to take if I'd stayed in my shell as a guy. This had opened up a whole new range of feelings and emotions and I became very empathic and caring of others.

Now that I'm retired I'm even more so caring and have more opportunities to help others. We don't have to be a "fashion plate" to be an outstanding "woman", just be a loving and caring person. I'll never regret the day I embarked on the journey to become the person I was destined to be. Being "just a girl" was exactly what I needed to be.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kate,

Just the fact that you want to go out and socialize is something special. Some of us do and some of don’t want to go out and socialize. Some of us do want to go out, but don’t and some of us do want to go out and not socialize. Deep down, based on evolution, I think most people have a need to socialize. Growing up I was not very sociable, not anti-social, just did not interact much with others. I was pretty much a loner, still am. This has probably served me well since I am away from home a lot. My wife on the other hand is one of the most sociable persons I know. She has a gaggle of eclectic friends. We are such opposites.

As a guy, I still do not socialize all that much. Sophie goes out of my way to engage people, and for some reason, people go out of their way to engage with Sophie. When I am out and about, people often stop me to ask for help. It happens much more often than when I am out en drab. The world would be a better place if “people” were “more loving and caring.” Most people are, they just need a little reminder every now and then. Becoming just a girl seems to bring the loving and caring parts of our personality to the surface for many of us, but not all of us.

Nice post Kate. Just a nice thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning. Thank you.

Carlene.....

Great post! Would love the opportunity to do the same, but wanna keep my daughters childhood as "normal" as possible.....
    And I'm a coward when it comes to that.

Kate,
    An interesting and thought provoking post.
    I do not have the opportunity these days but when I was younger I was just one of the girls, I blended in so well they always forgot what I was.
    Some who only knew me as a girl, knew who I was would forget and share with me some of their innermost secrets.\I usually replied to the best of my ability.
    It was tricky sometimes but an experience I really enjoyed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

To become one,you have to put yourself out there. Yourself has to be the person that you want the world to see and accept. Doing so takes the total commitment toward being your feminine self in that presentation to the mainstream world. My experiences anyway...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

That's a nice story Kate. I agree. Just be yourself and don't worry about it.

Kate, That is kind of how I would like to do it. I just do not have a place to go , and Chicago is just too far. I wish we lived close by.