Thread: Am I getting too comfortable?

Am I getting too comfortable?

I am home today just hanging out with no real plans.
    When I got up this morning I put on my favorite skirt and a cute top with my bra and forms and all the rest(for me this does not include a wig or makeup. I am pretty much a guy in a dress.).
    So lunch starts to come around and I haven't been shopping in a while so I decide to order delivery so I don't have to change in order to go out.
    The knock on the door comes and I open the door, take the food from the delivery girl and sign the credit card slip. She comments that "You are wearing a dress." I reply, "Yes, Have a nice day."

What occurred to me after she left was that I pretty much intentionally outed myself to whomever delivered my Orange Chicken. Am I just getting comfortable with who I am or am I subconsciously trying to out myself to people?
    Have any of you been through a "phase" like this?

Shelby

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Yes. And be careful unless you are planning to move or get a new job. I lost a good job by being to carefree back in the 70's.

I am getting pretty comfortable at home dressing how I like.
    Would I change back to drab, because a delivery person was here, Maybe not. Not sure at this
    point. Would I intentionally out myself, well I am not going looking to be out to the world. but
    not hiding form it either.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I have outed myself before also. For me it was a nice feeling. After I was outed I sat with the person and talked about my crossdressing. This has happened several times. I guess I was just comfortable.

Yes Shelby i have become too comfortable with my girly ways, i have been going to the bathroom and sitting down then i think omg i didnt hesitate, i take the toilet roll as im sitting down, its a good thing but also a a sticky situation at times. However i love it and think yes im finally turning female for real. I want to live like this forever !!!!! Emmaxxx

Banned Read only
    I think what you have is a classic case of FIC. That would be Forum Induced Courage.

It's well known and well established to be contagious.

Only YOU can decide if it's a serious affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Julianna View Post
    Yes. And be careful unless you are planning to move or get a new job. I lost a good job by being to carefree back in the 70's.
    That part scares me silly. I am well-known in my community, because I spent eleven years working for the local government, and six years on the board of directors of my local arts council (three of them as President). So I want to echo SJ here with the admonition to be careful.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Shelby, if I lived by myself, I would probably do a lot of that - forgetting what I'm wearing and letting other people see, because it is so comfortable that I wouldn't even think twice about it. However, my wife is adamant about me NOT outing myself that way. So I am always very careful.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

It looks as if you have become more comfortable with yourself and your dressing. However along with comfort comes complacency which could be why you outed yourself to the delivery girl.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Looking at your avatar, there is no way you were old enough to have a job in the 70s

were you looking for a thrill? since you don't do this too often, that would be my take on it. You "outed" yourself to...? someone you will never see again. That isn't "outing"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have forgotten what I am wearing when I have gone out and had to come back home and change.
    Getting too comfortable, yes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accidentally did this as well. The guy delivering the pizza was shocked when I opened the door and took me a minute of awkward silence to realize. He ended up being really nice though.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    If we had a big trust fund to sustain us then it wouldn't matter; however, we should always be on top of our game.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

But presumably the law and peoples attitudes have changed a lot since those times
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

I'd say that if being found I out wasn't something you wanted to happen,the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by susan jackson View Post
    But presumably the law and peoples attitudes have changed a lot since those times
    While this is true, I can tell you from going to school for teaching that unfortunately, they haven't changed quite enough.