Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have you spent more on CD clothes than your male clothes?

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I have a pair of vera Wang killer heels that cost more than the total of what I spent this fall for my winter drab update clothes. So I guess the answer is yes.

Heck yeah. I maybe buy a pair of drab jeans once a year and maybe some t-shirts. My femme wardrobe is 20x bigger.

Other than my work clothes, and maybe 2 pair of jeans, everything is for my femm life. My annual clothing budget is pretty much 100% for the female things...

I have less female clothes than men's but my female clothes cost close to 2x what their male counterparts do...
    Oddly enough even same brands tend to cost more, which is stupid as hey ESP considering the female counterpart often times have less material.
    Case in point, bought a pair of Rocco jeans and rerock jeans the other day from Express.
    Rocco jeans 69.00
    Rerock 129.00
    Differences rerock has spandex and rhinestones in the back. Waist/length/leg style are the same. Rocco's are mid rise, retro I low rise. Material thickness, Rocco's are thicker.
    Underwear however is more expensive for guys.
    Banana republic boxers, 10-20
    VS seamless 11.00

Wait, I forgot about suits.
    My suits all together probably cost more than my casual wardrobe for both my male and female side put together. Can't argue the feel and look of a good fitted suit!
    Last edited by Jenni Yumiko; 01-30-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Oddly enough... I've never liked wearing suits or dressy clothes (male). I always feel like... it's harder to breathe in them.

I haven't spent more on my female clothes purely because I still don't have thaaaaaaaaaat many yet. But I do definitely spend money a lot easier and unplanned on my girly stuff. I think because I don't feel like I am able to just buy that stuff all the time that when I find stuff I like I don't relaly think about the cost or anything and just get it. Whereas with my guy clothes I am a lot more frugal and plan things a bit more.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Well, I haven't really thought about til now, but probably yes, especially over the past five years or so.

Given that womens clothing is ridiculously overpriced, I'd have to say definitely more on womens clothing than mens.

No. I get most of my lady clothes from thrift stores. If you package together clothes, makeup, breast forms, and other CD items then it'd be a close call.

I myself have spent so much more on womens clothes than mens womens being way more expensive usually its understandable

Gone to live my life
    Funny thing . . . My wife tells me my pragmatic "boy side" must have transferred over to my "girl side". I own two pairs of "girl jeans" one LBD, three other dresses, 2 skirts, a few tops and sweaters all of which I mix an match to create different outfits. My take on this is that people will be so fixated on "the guy wearing women's clothes" that they are not likely to be saying "didn't she wear those same jeans last week". I have always been a minimalist when it comes to clothes and I think Isha inherited that from my boy side.

Hugs

Isha

I don't know, let me count it up. On the male side of my closet there's a suit, two shirts, and three pairs of pants. On the female side ... Good grief! It looks like I could restock a shopping mall!

Yes, I've spent a lot more ... A LOT more on my femme wardrobe.

yep sept a sh*t ton more.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I've probably spent more on male clothes, but I think my CD wardrobe is catching up.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    As was intended and forever more shall be. IOW.....yep!

~

I haven't spent a dime on male clothes in years. I jope never to spent my money so foolishly ever again.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Maybe...

I'm gradually getting there as far as spending more on womens clothes than mens. I'm done buying mens shirts unless if I really need one for work.

Take it easy, Nikki

Not lately , but in the last hell yeah , what's funnier is how much I dread guy shopping and loved girl shopping lol

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Guy shopping is (was!) no more than blandly picking up a few
    things that are (were!) always the same.

I wouldn't even bother --unless i had to run out to pick up
    some cheese for a sandwich.

Shopping for heels, though..(swoon!)...i have 1000 bookmarks.

Yes.. by far... not even close at all, I could easily spend a couple hundred or more between clothes, shoes and tailoring before begrudgingly dropping a dime for a pr of pants or mens shoes I need

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Rose View Post
    Well have ya?
    Yes, by a painful measure......

My ex-wife says I own more bras than she does. But shoes - she's way ahead on shoes.....

Including purges, then yes.