Thread: How do i get the pink fog to lift

Question How do i get the pink fog to lift

Hi there it's megan again can anyone give me any advice on how to make the so called pink fog lift. i am going through a really bad stage at the moment all i can think about is cross dressing and it is ruining my life.i go to bed thinking about it i wake up thinking about it and to be truthful i would choose this not to be part of my life years ago i could control it alot better but now it is all i can think of.

so really what i am asking for is any tips on dealing with this so called pink fog how do you stay in control and not the cross dressing thanks megan.

Sheer willpower? I find that it ebbs and flows, and it times can be a bit mentally consuming. When I find it overly consuming, I often throw myself into something that takes focus for some distraction. Yard work has been good therapy (for myself and the yard). On the other hand, sometimes, just got to give in and spend a day doing what you love.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    hang with the fellas ?? do other activities??? I am starting to find the balance between the 2 myself...I am setting times or days dedicated to either..balance is key

I had the pink fog pretty much disappear when I got offered a job promotion.
    When I was out on the road I'd pretty much do as I pleased and that meant carrying a bag filled with all my girly stuff to go in and see some friends and dress up in store when the new stock arrived..
    As soon as the promotion came, I tried to continue with what I was doing and to be honest I really couldn't be bothered with it.

Now if I get a chance it's all out but it's not every day.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

The only way to beat it is to make it a total choice to do rather than letting it remain a compulsion. Only by taking ownership of your feelings and responsibility for your own actions can you do that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When you find out be sure to let me know. I just try and ride it out like a wave.

Find another interest of greater importance.
    A new girlfriend or acquaintance will do nicely.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just remember that this is part of you, part of your life and NOT ALL of you or all of your life.
    I'm sure we all go through periods where all we wish to do is express this part of ourselves, but for the majority it is only part of what makes up the whole and we adjust to find the balance we need.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

For me, when it gets so bad that's all I can think about, there is only one solution for me, give in to it! Usually that kind of pull comes from deigning the need. I always found the harder I resist the urge, the stronger it gets, and it will continue to build until I gave into it.
    I gave up fighting it, when I feel the need rising in me, I find the time to give in to it. Small little things help, but resist, deny, and it just keeps growing trying to get your attention.
    I have not had a good case of pink fog in years, in fact, I miss the rush that comes with it at times.
    There is nothing like an out of control shopping trip to make you feel alive, at least until the bills come in.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    hang with the fellas ?? do other activities??? I am starting to find the balance between the 2 myself...I am setting times or days dedicated to either..balance is key
    Couldn't give a better recommendation

And what Bev said regarding something of greater importance...

Harmony in life is a great thing to have... (and what a cool name! Wish I'd thought of that... )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I have found that when I get it bad, I ( in the midst of it now) underdress and dress a touch more, work on my mannerisms and appearance and generally go head strong into it, than before I know it I am back to my usual self and paying off extra bills that I have from shopping. In other words I don"t know sorry.

Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Megan,

I guess it really comes down to what you consider being lost in the pink fog. You indicate that you think about it all the time and that it is ruining your life. How is it ruining your life? Are you dressing all the time or just thinking about dressing. Pink fog means different things to different people. For some it might be a compulsion to buy lots of clothes, make-up and the likes. For others it might be a compulsion to dress all the time vice some of the time. While for others, it may be taking over their lives to the detriment of their relationship or job. So for you, what is the effect it is having on you. Knowing that might make it easier to provide some advice particular to your situation.

If it is just wanting to stop thinking about it or doing it, sweetie I am afraid that is not possible. It is plausible to control it so it doesn't control you but that as Adrianna and others have stated requires balance. If you try to block it out all together, then it will most likely roll back in with a vengeance. Balancing you life between "femme" and "boy" is delicate act, some here spend minimal time "en femme" while others spend a majority of time "en femme". However, spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about "CDing" does not necessarily mean you are lost in the pink fog it could be just your minds way of processing your gender identity and once you find your place along the TG continuum and how long you prefer to stay en femme, the pink fog will lift as you will be at point where you are happy with yourself.

Hugs

Isha

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Its about balance. Dress enough to satisfy the urge, but balance it with proportional real life, male activities. Do not neglect either aspect of your life. With that,balance comes.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Some really good advice posted here. Time will cure the Pink Mist and you will find balance. But that's not what you needs to here right now. Finding something else to occupy your time is the key. I have always had sport to balance my fem side. Or just get down the pup with some mates and shoot some pool. There will be other things you enjoy, put effort in to those, as well as CDing and in time you will find were you are at. Good luck and enjoy the continuing journey.

Sometimes the things we enjoy in life whether CDing, web browsing, reading, sports, hanging with the guys, eating, drinking etc., can become disproportionately important. I don't see any magic bullets that can make us do less of what we love doing. As others have said it's all about balance and a sense of proportion.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    The way I balance mine is I wear something at home in the morning before work about everyday. Don't do the makeup and wig stuff. Just a cute outfit and it really helps

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    "Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way. Yes, your thoughts betray you." Your feelings for CD are strong. LOL.
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

I gave up on beating the pink fog. Now I wear panties 24/7 it helps I can work and be a member of society and still be true to female myself.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Megan. View Post
    Hi there it's megan again can anyone give me any advice on how to make the so called pink fog lift. i am going through a really bad stage at the moment all i can think about is cross dressing and it is ruining my life.i go to bed thinking about it i wake up thinking about it and to be truthful i would choose this not to be part of my life years ago i could control it alot better but now it is all i can think of.

so really what i am asking for is any tips on dealing with this so called pink fog how do you stay in control and not the cross dressing thanks megan.
    Megan,
    It never goes away. If you suppress it, it gets worse. It starts out as somewhat of an obsession. Gotta have more, this skirt is so cute I must have it. Wow, look at this babydoll, I must have it all. I get in trouble on Ebay (spend too much money). When I have taken some time away from who I am and focus on other aspects of my life (music), yard work, and employment responsibilities, I get images from time to time on what I would love to have. I have seen the woman inside me, I wish I really looked like her. She is hot to trot and wants everything her little heart desires. Sometimes I fear I may be talking to myself while I am working " good girl" I have heard myself say out loud but at a whisper. It will not go away since you are in discovery of who you are. After a while you can control the thoughts and focus on other things. My discovery of me began at early childhood but I did not explore until I was in college. Wow, that was 27 years ago for me. It usually gets in my way after ordering something like a new dress and I get notice the item has shipped.

It has been stated, the only cure to cross dressing is to cross dress. Like others have said, wear something you like most of the time. I wear satin panties every day. Not store bought either. I know of a dress maker that does other things as well as undergarments. Always a perfect fit, and they feel great all day so that does help if you at least wear something not noticeable to many unless you leave your zipper down. (hint, wear a tee shirt under an other shirt, that way you can tuck it in if you end up doing a lot of bending on the job). That has helped me overcome the pink zone (most of the time anyway).

I believe the hardest part is knowing and discovering who you are deep inside and not being able to come out with it and having free expression by dressing they way you want to and not what is imposed upon you by society (which is slowly changing). One you are in the clothes that allows you to express who you are you become free. I have ventured out a few times on rare occasions. Once you do that, your ego will be begging for more which is far stronger than the pink side. I long for the days when I can go out in a frilly dress or flouncy mini skirt and of course heels! I have not done that in over 6 years. Tempting it is.....