Thread: After shaving my arms, I went looking for....guess what found some bracelets

After shaving my arms, I went looking for....guess what found some bracelets

During most of my relationship with my wife we spent lots of time making costume jewelry and selling at trade shows. I was basically used as roadie for driving, setting up the tent and display booth, carry very heavy tubes full of inventory, all the stuff needed to make items during the show, and also made some unique items that usually sold shortly after I put it out on display. Since I am on my life journey alone, I gave away all of the tents, shelves, tables, jewelry items, raw materials and tools to my wife's nieces. We often paired up with her older brother and sold items at the same time. I knew my wife well, and went looking in her jewelry armoire. Specifically the stretchy rhinestone bracelets we sold (she always kept some for herself). These were items that she had bought for resale. Very nice. Every now an then she suggested I take one for myself. On hairy arms, does not look so interesting. Now I feel more like a girl I want to be. Never really considered jewelry before.

Hi Erica,
    That brings back some memories. As a teenager, I had a summer job making costume jewelry. These were the beaded variety, and it was pretty darn monotonous.

Like you, I'm now considering jewelery options, but phew, I don't think I can stand to look at beads anymore.

Edit: whoops, not sure this is the right forum. Sry admin, replied reflexively.
    Last edited by Jesse Six; 01-29-2014 at 12:40 AM. Reason: forum rule thingy
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    My wife and I used to make tons of costume jewelry
    for some Very Nice boutiques all over the country.

That was a *Great* job because we worked from home
    and played dress up nearly 24/7 for a few years while
    we just designed and made all sorts of cool stuff.

We still have bunches of it and all the tools materials
    and supplies. I'm dying to get back into it....

Yes a hair reduction course on your arms does wonders.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I always shave or wax my arms now. The SO even had to agree they were way too hairy.

It's scary, but the more I read here of other's posts the more I realise how much my femme aspect is growing and with some things, how physically girly I am... not that I'm complaining now.. my arm hair is really fine and quite pale - thinking back I've known lots of women with more obvious arm hair, and I don't think I'd want to shave it off - isn't that a bit... odd? I understand if you don't have a choice, but I don't know any GGs that shave their arms.. Oh well.

Yes - love bracelets - but I do love the beady ones rather than glitzy - and I've got really slim wrists as well (about 6.5"), always have had. Just realised also I need to get a girly watch sometime... all these things to remember... all this potential shopping!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta