Thread: Back to school!

Back to school!

Well its a new semester! I love how accepting everyone at school is! I am always super nervous on the first day but after a week goes by I am always so happy with how normal everyone treats me for being my true self! It is the second semester since my breast augmentation and I am still blown away by how supportive everyone has been of the choices I have made. I never want to leave college!

Good for you Jess, and good luck in your new semester.

Jess may the rest of your time at school be filled with acceptance and enjoyment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

that's great to hear
    Jamie Dee

As college for many is one of those traditional phases in our lives where we take a few more steps forward as we learn how to live, be more independent and prepare ourselves to function in the real world, so too, it also can be that same phase for those transitioning. I have always believed that for the young TS, college is the perfect place to start that process. Most college students are also young, inquisitive and much more accepting than the older generations and even some of their own generation. Since most of them are also on their own for the first time they tend to be much more accepting of diversity and new and strange things, ideas and people.

Congratulations on your good experiences so far. May I ask where you are studying? , and is it a bigger school near a larger metropolitan area or more isolated? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the replies and support!
    Allie I am studying at Colorado State University. Fort Collins is a large city by my city as I grew up in a town of 1500 people but it is not considered a large metro area like Denver would be. I agree that College is the perfect place to start the process. After high school I joined the Army and that is the wrong place to come out. I got depressed and drank way to much. Luckily I had a deployment that forced me to sober up and that made me realize that I need to open up and be happy about myself. I went through therapy after I got out of the Army and that helped me focus on being open and happy with who I am. I am really happy with where I am in life right now. Although most people around me do not understand me most of them support me and that is all I can ask for! It is great to be surrounded by such great people!

I never wanted to leave college either Jess, but life got in the way of that idea!

Great that you're feeling so positive about things - hope it continues to go well for you...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thanks for the reply Jess. I love your optimism and do wish you the best of luck in the future, not necessarily the near future because it seems that you are doing just fine right now, but that far out future, which includes employment and maybe a serious relationship.

With your Army background you have likely learned a great deal of self-discipline and responsibility. College campuses are loaded with people that have learned neither. If you do nothing else but exploit those two advantages you will excel in college. (That is a thinly disguised admonition not to let life get in the way of learning.)

It does feel good going to college with some life experience. There are plenty of people who have none but I think that is true everywhere in life. Looking back I did not really enjoy my time in the Army but I would not change any of it!

From a CSU alum...congrats. I didn't expect anything less from CSU as far as acceptance. And compared to CU....it is a small intimate school
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

So cool to see another CSU lady on here! You made my day Lorileah!!!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i never wanted to leave college either......I am reminded of it a few times everyday...when the College Loan Office calls looking for the money I just spent at the mall.

Sounds like you picked the right place to go good luck

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I didn't want to leave when I graduated in 1972 and than when I graduated agin in '94. If there was a job a a professional student I'd grab it. Good luck this semester.

Junior Member Princess_pantyboy's Avatar
    Jess,

yes that's great and good luck in this new semester hun
    hugs