Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just told my wife - good news!

Wow that's awesome! You are very lucky!

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Jesse, that's great for you! Hope things continue going so well!

Wow, congratulations Jesse! You're very lucky to have such a wonderful wife. Make sure she knows it.

If I were telling the story you had, mine would sadly end with "and then I woke up, and it was all a dream..."

Wow. That's great... fantastic news. Congratulations!

Great news! Happy for you!

That is great to hear! I wish my wife was accepting as yours. It won't go so well here...

That is a fantastic reaction! My wife's was rather similar (after a couple of days of processing). I count myself very lucky and blessed. Sounds like you are, too! Again, congrats!

Tess

Hi all, a bit of an update,
    (Thanks again for the kind words everyone.)

So I guess my wife was being a bit brave. After talking about it next day or two, she did have some concerns, mainly how far I was "on the spectrum", and what she was going to say to other people. I explained that I have no desire to transition, and that I would never want to put her in a publicly uncomfortable situation. I said this is just for me, her (if she chooses), and any other CD friends I might make.

She got misty eyed at one point, and when I asked why, she said "because it means you've been unhappy". I think her heart's in the right place, but it's an adjustment.
    Last edited by Jesse Six; 01-31-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

Jesse, You have a treasure there. I love the line "because it means you've been unhappy." I told my wife I'd been unhappy for years and she said "Life sucks, then you die."

Be real good to that woman.

Hugs,
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Wow, your wife has so much compassion for you that she knew what "the secret" had been like for you and it saddened her. Perhaps you've learned by now that many of us (most?) were met with varying degrees of hostility once the initial shock of discovery passed and eventually were left with rejection ranging from dadt to ending of the relationship. Hopefully you will reciprocate in fashion and take it slow and easy because her heart [I]is[I] in the right place. (I was trying to put "is" in italics?)

Congrats. Take it slow with so you don't scare her off. Glad she is supportive.

So super proud of you! if i could muster up the courage i would totally tell my wife....sadly im a scardy cat XD

helen those are some hot sexy feet

Just wanted to say congrats, and i hope i have the same good news to convey soon. I have told my wife i have some issues i need to talk to her about. I have started the ball rolling and have decided there will be no turning back. I have decided after years of denial its time to take a long hard look in the mirror and stop this nonsense.

Rebekah is a part o me and always will be

Jessie,
    It sounds like you have a wonderful and thoughtful wife. She seems very insightful and empathic. I wish you two loads of love, happiness and understanding!

That is so wonderful. Congrats Jesse. You have an amazing SO.