Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renewing wedding vows

Renewing wedding vows

Last weekend i ask my wife if she would like to renew are wedding vows and how she would feel if i wore a wedding dress she ask what would she wear and before i could answer she said she never wore a tux before

So my question is what do you think your SO would say to you wearing a wedding dress to renew your vows or get married in
    Mistyjo

Banned Read only
    MistyJo,

I broached this same exact question some time back. I have bought a wedding dress (on my page) and we will have two ceremonies...one for friends and one for us. I will dress for our ceremony.

I want to get married again in each country I travel to. I have heard other say similar things... so i don't think it is that odd of thought...

so to answer your question, She was absolutely fine with it...

How do you plan to have yours with you in a dress? With the family? Private? Do Tell... sounds sweet

Vanny

Vanessa
    Yes with me in a Wedding dress and wife in a tux and with family and friends we are just starting to plan this but hope to make this happen some time this year
    Mistyjo

Banned Read only
    Mistyjo,

How in the world can a person pull this off? I take it that your family has known for years and all are ok with it? Congrats...i am so far from that type of bravery, i consider myself a coward...

Vanny
    Last edited by Vanessa Rose; 01-29-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Gone to live my life
    Hi MistyJo,

It sounds like a great way to express your commitment to one another and your commitment to your chosen lifestyle. What a great and supportive wife you have.

Hugs

Isha

This is one aspect of crossdressing, my wife hates. The wedding dress. She is open to any other type of dressing, but a solid no no on the wedding dress. Oh well, I can't complaine. She gives me full acceptance with all other dressing. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Go for it! I hope someday I can talk mine into the same

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Rose View Post
    Mistyjo,

How in the world can a person pull this off? I take it that your family has known for years and all are ok with it? Congrats...i am so far from that type of bravery, i consider myself a coward...

Vanny

Yes my family knows about my lifestyle and most of them are ok with it
    Mistyjo

Banned Read only
    Then you are my hero. If I told my family I would have to order several ambulances and perhaps a bunker to hide... that is for now. I am sitting here trying to imagine the looks on the faces of everyone I know and the words that would follow. I am getting a total blank... that is scary.

Respectfully,

Vanny

I'm confused. That's okay, I am often confused and have become quite used to it.

If this is a formal renewal of vows, where the parties vow "forsaking all others", it seems inappropriate to bring another (Mistyjo) into the mix. But then again, maybe the proposed ceremony is a bit whimsical and not all that formal or serious. Those are a lot less traditional. That is where I am confused.

With so many reports of failed or failing marriages, it is very refreshing to read of one so strong. I wish you lovebirds many many more years of marital happiness.

MsVal
    this will be a formal renewal of are vows and Mistyjo was apart of our marriage my wifes vows included Mistyjo
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-29-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours
    Mistyjo

Simply, No.

And that would be after she had laid me out with a fearsome right hook after discovering I CD...

I'm not sure it's my thing anyway - but I'm more about the meaningfulness of the ceremony and underlying spiritual commitment than what I'd be wearing - call me traditional in this aspect, that's OK.

But I wish you well and congratulate you on your relationship - it's clearly a good and healthy one and that's what's important!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Mistyjo View Post
    my wifes vows included Mistyjo
    Wow, you two must have an incredible marriage. It's wonderful to read of the strength of your love.

Best wishes

Banned Read only
    Mistyjo,

I have written mine already and so has my most beauteous woman in the world. My life and soul and air I breath. If you saw me, perhaps that would add meaning. I am not much for words, but I love the shit out of this woman.

So, If you want, I can dig for these and send them. I will take out the names and such.. can't remember what I wrote, but do know I took a few hours to write, then few more and such. They are likely to be worthless but if you want, I can send them.

Vanny

In all seriousness, I made my wedding vows years ago and I am stuck with them.
    Going to Las Vegas and getting Married by Elvis Presley is all good fun but you can never take away the first time you made those vows.

They do not need reinforcing in my view.
    Just go and pay the money, get a nice photo and have a good time.
    I have been an observer at a couple of weddings and the Las Vegas ones are fun.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    If I were to do that I would not put on a dress, my marriage is between a man and a women and it stays that way, to bring this into very serious vows for me would not be appropriate.
    I guess I undestand the desire but for this it needs to stay out of such a cerimony

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I can see where a woman would see the wedding gown as her territory and her territory alone. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't jump at the chance to wear one. Actually have the ceremony? Only if both of us are in gowns.

Mine would say no. And I don't think it'd be right to impose. Going wedding dress shopping? Sure! Renewing vows? Nope. She married a man, and I would want to look like a man for her.

Platinum Member
    I think my wife would do one of two things: (1) cry or (2) divorce me after she hit me in the head with a frying pan. Personally, even if my wife was on board with my cross dressing I would feel uncomfortable renewing our vows in any female attire. The ceremony would evoke memories of getting hitched forty plus years ago. It's the ceremony. Somehow I can see that a woman may consider switching roles for a Halloween Party where there is no renewal of vows.

But, if your wife is on board, go with it.

After 47 years together, and the main word (for my CDing) is tolerance, I would not even touch on the subject. If it works for you and yours, go with it.

To me it sounds like great fun! But my wife would say no way!

Gold Member
    About a year ago, my wife and I thought we would have a 20 TH anniversary
    party with renew the voes and all.
    But sadly she passed away last April
    Rader

My wife would probably tell me to take a hike! lol

Silver Member
    My wife would be a yes. In fact, she has suggested doing just that - and both of us dressed as women.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I think in time mine might be ok with it. I'd like to do it with both of us as brides, because it would be a way for her to show her acceptance of Allison.