Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am i the only one who....

Am i the only one who....

Am i the only one who randomly finds clothes like in the woods or along the side of the road

Banned Read only
    no, i am sure you are not. but they are called trash when found there

Aspiring Member
    Mostly they are trash as Jennifer said, however I have a nice T shirt style top that I found on the road. Maybe sometimes they are lost off of motorcycles, or cars as they drive down the road. Sometimes in the summer people tie clothes to vehicles to dry after swimming or some such that gets them wet. I do see them from time to time mostly in the summer. Once in a while I stop if I am on a rural road or one without much traffic. If nothing else picking up such things is cleaning up litter.

Sherrii

Aside from the fine distinction of what constitutes trash, Jennifer... (might appear trash to you, but might be different to someone else...)

Addie - yes - I see it sometimes too. Recently while driving, a single, stiletto heeled pump (no - I was not tempted to stop, there was only one.. ), often, workmen's clothing (thrown away, or blown off the back of a pickup) - but a single pump?

Bizarre things happen in the world, and it even seems weird to us...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Probably some crossdresser doing a purge at 55 mph!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Funny you asked this, back in the 80's while working a road that leads to a favorite parking area for the young adults and teens. It was prom night and as I patrolled the area around the gym that the prom was in everyone was starting to leave and head to the park. Later I saw what looked like a shoe in the road and just up a few yards was the other one, new high heels. Then farther up the road was a beautiful gown, little farther a bra and then a ball of panty-hose, and over to the side of the road was panties. All of this was spread over about a 2 mile stretch. I picked it all up and took it back to my office thinking the parents, if not the girl would want it back. But it was never picked up and after a couple of months it disappeared from the office. I had a good idea of who it belonged to, but it wasn't against the law and telling everything you know in a small town is not always good. My dispatcher probably slipped it back to the owner, but it was interesting and subject for a lot of shop-talk there in the station.
    Fawn Memories, of years gone-by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

No they are always clothes along the roads here do you stop and inspect them

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    When I was about nine years old I found a huge pile of women's clothing and lingerie at the park just across the way from my house. In retrospect I believe it was another cd purge. I selected items I admired, laundered them and stored them away. Those items fueled my dressing for several years. To me at the time it was like finding buried treasure, given my limited means as a youth to obtain things like that. Would I do that now? Heavens no. But it suited its purpose at the time.

thanks for all the responses and i am a young crossdresser who is still in the closet so i take what i can find most times if it looks sketchy then i wont pick it up but most times they look fine and i haven't gotten any diseases yet

Wow, where do you all live? I have never found clothes along the road or in the woods. At most some ripped-up rags and oddly enough, shoes hanging from overhead wires.

Never found clothing by the roadside but have seen 'dinner on the hoof' a few times. These tend to be furry creatures who tried to play bumper tag with a vehicle. Makes me wonder if the clothing was up to a similar game when the vehicle took them out

Now that I think about it, we sometimes have a rash of gym shoes doing trapeze acts from the local power lines. Seems they are seasonal though, typically coinciding with the end of the school year and invariably traveling in pairs. Go figure :

Hugs, Robin

I googled and apparently shoe-tossing is a well-known sport: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_tossing

I propose a petition to get bra-tossing going!

it is also a sign that there is a drug dealer close by
    Manifest Destiny Is just a fancy word for murder

Where I come from they are called "donation bins" usually put there by GoodWill or Salvation army. A bush next to one does not constitute "woods". These clothes are not fair game.
    But, if the clothes are really discarded items then I would suspect you live in a very happy place where young love can't wait!

I would feel too guilty if i stole from donation bins, trust me but i have found lots of stuff just discarded in the woods or on the street.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Probably some crossdresser doing a purge at 55 mph!
    Can't be easy on a motorcycle

Platinum Member
    I would avoid woodland paths or stretches of road where you find discarded garments. Sounds like the opening chapter of a Stephen King story.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Aside from the fine distinction of what constitutes trash, Jennifer... (might appear trash to you, but might be different to someone else...)

Addie - yes - I see it sometimes too. Recently while driving, a single, stiletto heeled pump (no - I was not tempted to stop, there was only one.. ), often, workmen's clothing (thrown away, or blown off the back of a pickup) - but a single pump?

Bizarre things happen in the world, and it even seems weird to us...

Katey x
    Katey - Guess what? I found the other one. The matching stiletto heeled pump. Now we have a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    no, i am sure you are not. but they are called trash when found there
    If I wear clothes I find along the road, will I look "trashy?"

That's the look I like every now and then. Just trashy.

Quote Originally Posted by xXAddieXx View Post
    thanks for all the responses and i am a young crossdresser who is still in the closet so i take what i can find most times if it looks sketchy then i wont pick it up but most times they look fine and i haven't gotten any diseases yet
    Addie - Stephanie offers a good opportunity to "find" donated clothes. Charity stores offer clean, second-hand donated clothing available for very, very cheap prices. There are many Salvation Army, Goodwill and church stores which often have shoes, dresses, skirts, tops, jeans, purses. It's hit or miss. Sometimes you can find high quality items with little wear.
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-31-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, multiposting is not allowed, please read the rules regarding this

I don't find anything on the road except road kill ewwwww! I did find about ten or so white bras one time but I only picked up one to show my wife and at that time I couldn't use it because I was not out yet. So if are finding a lot stuff on the road you could open a shop and call it "ROAD KILL CLOTHING". LOL!!!!
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    If I wear clothes I find along the road, will I look "trashy?"

That's the look I like every now and then. Just trashy.
    LOL! I Love this comment!

Clothes in the woods?! Get the sniffer dogs out and look for the buried bodies!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

heather i know that there are thrift stores but its the whole buying the clothing in public and being poor thing that is a problem

The woods near my house is having a "New Years Clearance Sale" which I'm totes gonna get in on this weekend.

Anything trashy is 50% off.

Stuff related to crime scenes is "slashed" a piercing 85%.

Silver Member
    Trash for the most part but sometimes strange things do happen. I was driving on a two lane road years ago and in the center was a white bra. I stopped and picked it up more out of curiosity than anything else. It wasn't trash and appeared to be new or nearly new. On top of that it was my size. I took it home and washed it and kept it for several years. Always wondered how it go there. Was it from some girl who had it removed it a fit of passion? Which was fun to think about.

...I was just going to say...as long as you don't pick it up and wear it.... but, I often wondered the same thing...like, why do you see only one running shoe in the middle of the highway. ...and how does a kid forget their winter jacket at school when it is minus 20...and why does my dryer eat only one sock.
    Chickie