Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's my plan...

Smile Here's my plan...

I came up with something that is a good idea for a change. I'm a big fella. Six feet tall and around 290 lbs. This is a problem in a variety of areas. One, it places undue stress on my heart. Since my cardiac incident, I've known I need to cut some pounds. So here's how I see it. I need to lose at least 65 lbs. The dr will stop bugging me about my weight and I'll lose some dress sizes and make it easier to buy the things I like again. Go me!
    "I'm saying yes to the dress!"

Less talking and more doing --- your SO will certainly be supportive for that project.
    Good Luck
    Julie

Take care of your heart and you!

So you need to lose 65 lbs, that's achievable if you WANT to lose it.
    Lose one lb at a time, weigh yourself every week on a certain day and have a goal.

You will lose weight if you want to. You are not going to lose it all at once but once you start seeing the results., the rest will follow.

My wife thinks this is a fantastic idea. She plans to start working out as well as she admits she is too big and feels lousy most of the time.

I would buy your favourite dress in three sizes smaller and hang it in your bedroom so you can see it and it will make you loss weight.

Yay!
    Good for you!
    (no, really, it's good for you)

Best wishes
    MsVal

that's a great plan, it's achievable, just stick to it. i went from over 300 lbs to 200, it was a long journey so if you need someone to talk to pm me
    Jamie Dee

Platinum Member

Good Luck!

Hi CDH, Start a blog post on this thread and keep us updated.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    Good luck, and watch that ticker.
    I am 6'-2" and 325 lbs.
    I could lose some also.
    Rader

I've seen great results with the P90X program ...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Yes, 'Go You', but do it for your heart and your SO. The CD and dress sizes must be a distant second! If they aren't then your priorities need to be re-evaluated.
    Good luck to you and I wish you every success, but please consider your priorities.
    Di

Gone to live my life
    CONGRATS on your decision to loose some weight and good luck. I agree with Blue Orchid keep us updated weekly so we can act as your support team and cheer squad

Hugs

Isha

Good for you! Here comes the standard advice.

Move more eat less. Every snack you don't eat is a win. I keep a jar of pistachios ( in shell) net to my chair and when I need something I'll grab a few and eat them slowly, works great to take the edge off.

Good luck!!!
    Love KristyE

PS Buy yourself something pretty.

Good luck with it all. I can see you have masses of support on
    here. I hope all works out well for all.

Go you!

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Yes, my health and family is my priority. I have to get the ok from the cardiologist before I can actually do this. I see a lifting free plan to start which I'm kind of meh with. But anything will be an improvement over my current activity level. I need to force myself to stay with this, it's going to make for some long days.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Significant weight loss opens up so many more options. In fact I think my weight loss may have been a partial catalyst in me wanting to open up to my girlfriend.

Due to my stomach bypass, I'm down nearly a hundred pounds since December 2nd. All it takes is selecting the right tool for the right job, and will power. The other day someone overheard me talking about my surgery, which I've played very close to the vest in most cases for this very reason. Well anyhow, this person overheard a private conversation, and felt obliged to tell me I took the easy way.

If anybody knew the personal hell I've been through to do this, they might think twice about making such flippant comments. So that is exactly which I told that eavesdropper. Along with some other choice words, and told them off about minding their own business when a conversation is held in hushed tones. Did they learn anything? Doubt it. The ignorant never do.

All that to say; there is no easy way. Willpower is an element of the process. The key is wanting it badly enough, being goal oriented enough to make the seemingly impossible, happen.

CD husband, don't forget to add exercise to those plans, last time I went on a diet I starved myself, and lost next to nothing, then I started walking, even dug out the old bike and started pedaling around the neighborhood, the weight started to fall off faster and faster, and the walking and pedaling toned everything up as it came off.
    The other day My doctor told me if I would loss just 10 lbs and she could take me off a couple a pills, weight loss is good for the blood pressure. Which as a heart patient you know how important that is.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I will give all the advice already given, move more eat less, exercise, diet and so it goes on.

Will power, won't power and setting a goal will also help.

Put a lock on the fridge and throw the key away.

I wish you well in your endeavours.

The reward, a size 12 body.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know getting out and exercising will make you feel better when you are in a funk working out will work it out. A brisk walk will do wonders for the attitude and regular walks will get the weight off too. but you have to keep at it and sweat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

It's a great plan. Good luck,and just think how nice you'll look in a LBD

That's a wonderful plan! Tbh, I'm planning on working out soon, as well I had surgery on my stomach about a year ago and went from 145 to 230 lbs!!!! Not cool and not healthy considering my family's habit of heart problems and diabetes! So, in the interest of health and the fact that I want to wear all of the really cool and sexy shirts in the guys department, my goal is to be about 150 by the end of the summer. Hopefully we can encourage each other and achieve our goals! ^_^

Best of luck to you!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes....that is great!!! A nd a great goal to have no matter what form you are presenting in..it is very important to take care of your health !! i use losing a dress size or two as inspiration to lose weight ( along with a photo of my favorite Victoria Secrets Model) It's like 70% diet..30 % exercise but 100% dedication...good luck girl!!!!

Good for you on the weight loss plan.So many benefits

Suggestion: identify a pretty outfit that you'd love to have to have, but you need to lose the weight to fit in and look good. Picture yourself wearing it, and focus on this image anytime you start to feel the urge to eat something you shouldn't. Think about the fact that every brownie, every pork chop, every french fry will put more distance between you and the outfit. When you lose the weight, reward yourself with the outfit.