Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing wig en femme while sleeping?

Wearing wig en femme while sleeping?

Here I am fully dressed with make up and wig on and about time to sleep. The thought of fully en femme top to bottom while sleeping is exciting. But I'm not sure if it will damage my long-hair wig due to hair tangling each other. Also when I wear wig I tend to feel uncomfortable after a while. So not sure if I'm supposed to ever sleep while wearing wig.

Any thoughts?

- Bonnie

Banned Read only
    You can get a cheap costume wig and sleep in it, just to have the feeling of long hair, but I wouldn't want to do that to one of my good wigs. I have actually done this before and after a week, the costume wig was nothing more than a rats nest and I couldn't fix it.

My own hair is half way down my back and I put it in a ponytail to keep it from getting to messed up. Just a thought.
    Love KristyE

A wig in bed feels really nice, as to having the long hair when you awaken, but it's not good for the wig. If you have a cheap one just for that it's the best way to go.
    I just get a headache if I do that...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Sleeping in a wig is bad for the wig. As others have mentioned, find a cheap one you do not mind destroying.
    Sleeping in makeup is bad for your skin and pillowcases. Sleeping in makeup is not what women do, it is what drunk or dead tired women do.

Bonnie,
    Definitely not recommended, there is no thrill in it either, you are asleep.
    Wake up and put it on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Going to sleep is about sleep. Although I love waking up with warm huggable boobies, I just sleep naked every now and then and sleep like dead without the distraction. Maybe the feeling of long locks around the neck and down in the cleavage is sensual when awakening but if it distracts from a good nights sleep, it's counter productive.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Bonnie,

Thank you for your post. I would rather dunk my cat in a sink and sit it on my face dripping wet than wear a wig to sleep.
    Why, because unless your wig has sleeping vents and feeding tubes and all other beer drinking accessories made for the man who wishes to sleep with a wig on, you will become ensnared in a giant sweaty hair ball that is entangled in your mouth, makeup and foundation. Besides most of us have these mischievous critters around the house and how many times have they fallen in the toilet and come to you mid sleep for comfort and assurance. Happens to me all the time. And it does for most of the girls here if they were to be honest. But there are most that hold their fingers up when they drink tea and try to pretend that it happens to my crowd only.

Harrumph ... Poppycock I say.

My thought is to put the wig down during sleep and rest comfortably. I know... I know... Some of you spend more than thirty dollars on a wig but why bother when there is all the hair from the visitors laying around. After all these years collecting it and sorting it and weaving it together I can make a mole cover.

Yep I know that it may not be for everyone, but you know, you are just jealous because of my crafting skills. I have just started my new wig. I will begin this craft project using dental floss. That shit never frays and you can choke a camel with it and it won't break. Unlike the wigs that I have owned over the years.
    That is how a wig should be however i wouldn't want to sleep in it if it were the last thing in the world to remind me I love cd'ing. Nope. That's what my raccoon hat is for.

Is it only me or do you also super glue your nails to you hand vs nail. My hands are shaking like a leaf this morning. Could have been all the toxins from dying my dental floss for hours. But in the end my wig has finally turned off white.

I am a beauty

Vanny
    Last edited by Vanessa Rose; 02-01-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Don't do it Bonnie...

And I'm going to ask that question everyone hates: Why...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

That's why I have 10 wigs..... ones to wear out.... one to sleep in.... so what of it gets wrecked.... just go buy another one.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Why would you want to? You are asleep. You can't "enjoy" that time

Haha, I haven't posted in quite a while and thought I'd check out the forums before going to bed after just taking a hot shower, shaving and slipping into a bra, nylons and night dress - and came across this thread. I tried sleeping in a wig once too and it was not pleasant at all. It felt like I had a dead cat stuck to my head after an hour, so it got tossed on the floor.

I guess it would depend on the wig if it was doable.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    So tonight, a first. Sleeping wearing a wig. The one in my avatar. Maybe the pink Rago all-in-one with back seam stockings and stiletto ballet pumps. Waking up will sure be nice, all 29 times. What the H. It's the weekend. Anything else? Handcuffs?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea..i'd get a cheap one...if you feel the need to wear one dont ruin the goods....i've passed out in mine....lol.....but thats another story!!!!
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 02-01-2014 at 03:31 PM.

I get it. It's in the same vein as wearing forms to bed or sleeping tucked, it's part of the experiencing what GG's do as a part of their daily lives, as much as walking in heels or doing makeup. GG's with long hair can't just take it off when they sleep. It'll fall across their face when the turn, get messed up but it goes with the territory. They get used to it. Ok a wig isn't as securely fixed as say glued forms so it will have a tendency to move and synthetic wigs aren't as resilient as real hair and will end up destroyed but it is experiencing what GG's experience. Understanding this makes being more convincing when dressed easier as it takes you into the mindset.
    I have done it as with an old wig. It's not easy, it would take getting use to before I would get a normal nights sleep but I'm glad I tried. I feel I know a bit more.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Rose View Post
    ...you will become ensnared in a giant sweaty hair ball that is entangled in your mouth, makeup and foundation.
    So is that a "no", Vanessa?

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post

I'm going to ask that question everyone hates: Why...?

Katey x
    I did it once when a guy spent the night with me...

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    My hair is a good 4" past my shoulders and it gets a mess while sleeping...
    so I'd imagine a wig would be pretty uncomfortable.

Slept in everything else....but never really did any "sleeping".
    (unless it was one of those 3 straight day dress sessions and
    I simply passed out cold....)

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    I did it once when a guy spent the night with me...
    Good answer!

Now for your three bonus questions: What? Who? and Where?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thanks girls! I guess I shouldn't do it unless I have a spare wig then, which I don't. I just slept with forms on only as I usually do in the weekend because although I feel good it also makes me half awake through the night so I need more time to sleep Now I will take a bath en femme and it's time to put the wig back on

I would it find it too hot and restrictive personally, but then again it may be nice to wake up and think what will I do with my hair today

I do like the feeling of waking up in the morning (and sometimes in the middle of the night) with the feeling of long hair, but I will echo what others said: use a cheap/old wig.

As for makeup, I used to do that and my skin would break out pretty bad the next day. And it seems like eye liner and mascara comes off a lot earlier if it hasn't been on overnight.

You will ruin your wigs pretty fast doing this....yikes...Melissa.

I finally convinced my spouse not to by refusing to assist in detangling or styling anymore wigs that got messed up from sleep. I dont understand how mini dreadlocks could possible form in 1 night but they do!

Every GG I've known with long hair either puts it in a pony tail or a bun to sleep. Nobody wants to brush that out in the morning.