Thread: Rethinking My Dress and Going Shopping

Who is that girl? Julia Christiana's Avatar

Rethinking My Dress and Going Shopping

In the brief time that I have been here with all of you on these boards, I have had a lot of time to reflect on the nature of my crossdressing. I have read through Introductions, M to F Crossdressing Topics, and admired many photos in the Galleries.

Cut to the chase, I feel that I am evolving as a crossdresser. Although I have been comfortable with this part of myself for sometime now, I have been stuck in a bit of a rut when it comes to the expression of that identity. The fetish quality of my dressing, with all the black leather gloves, boots, and corsets (though still very pleasurable) seems a bit one dimensional.

You have all inspired me to add dimension to my femme nature and to attempt to add significant depth to my experience. Today I find myself wanting.... needing to be more natural, more real, more feminine, when I am in my femme persona.

Naturally, the first thing that came to mind was..... SHOPPING!!

It was my original plan to wait until this weekend in NYC, but I could not wait. I simply had to make a trip to the mall this evening to reinvigorate my wardrobe. Lane Bryant,Macy's, and Filene's Basement for a couple of blouses, a beautiful skirt, a garter belt, panties, and stockings. I was hunting for shoes but had no luck. When I arrived home, I locked myself into the downtown bathroom to try everything on.... oh what a rush.

While in NYC this weekend, I will be on the prowl for a hand bag/pocket book, some trinkety jewelry, and those heels. This is a new level of experience for me and I am LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

Thanks to all you ladies for helping me to peel back another layer of this onion.

XOXOXO,
    Julia Christiana
    Last edited by Julia Christiana; 01-07-2006 at 12:25 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Loving Life, Every Moment of Every Day!![/SIZE]

As a crossdresser it is very easy to get caught up in the shopping excitement when buying womens clothes. You have to excercise good judgement and not get spent emotionally and also financially.

For me I love to buy femme clothes and now find myself buying more womens clothes than mens clothes.

I also enjoy buying clothes for my wife.

emmi

I think thats great that your trying to broaden your self and add some things to make you feel whole but go slow and look at some of the things you all ready have and try to shop for things that complament that maybe a leather skirt some nice tops ect.try some of the trift stores youd be suprised as some of the stuff they have and its cheeper on the pocketbook xx remember half the fun is going on the hunt xxxxxx

girl next door
    Hello Julia. I know what you mean. While I wasn't so much into the fetish stuff, a year ago my wardrode consited of a few minis, very high heels and slinky tops. Since arriving here 9 months ago, my thinking has evolved as well. While I still love the ooooh-sexy stuff, my more recent purchases have been more mainstream, more what you'd see GGs wearing (no, I don't mean baggy sweatshirts ) Take care. Hugs, Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Silver Member
    Hi Hon--I too know exactly what you mean---when I start it was all about leather and satin vinal etc---as I've gone on I have amassed a sizable wardrobe of clothing of a stylish, yet less fetishistic nature---I still do leather and satin but also now do sweaters and skirts etc. Whatever I'm in the mood for.

I'm happy for you Julia for taking another step forward and that you are enjoying it so much.Be careful with shopping though.You can get caught up and get into financial trouble. I buy more women's clothes than men's clothes as well. I think my inventory is 80% female and 20% male