Thread: Taking it in stride?

Taking it in stride?

As a crossdresser who is in the closet does the inability to dress tend to make you frustrated?

How do you balance your feelings and go about your normal routine without being preoccupied by it?

emmi

When I was closeted Emmi, I would continue thinking that there was a next step and what was I doing towards that next step. If there is no progression in my opinion this would be very routine and dull

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    It does frustrate me and I am becoming more and more obsessed with it. I find that it gets harder everyday to function properly and I am developing a constant state of anger. :mad: My wife said to me today that I am always upset...and you know what -- I am!

Not dressing has become a terrible burden and is messing me up in the head.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Love to be in pantyhose
    Each day that I do not have sme item on just builds to frustration. For the past three weeks, my son is home from college and my time to dress is not available. Things become more frustrating and as each day goes by.
    I do go for a walk at the mall and window shop. Sometimes clothes rack shop. Just looking but my desire is increasing.
    I was looking at the skirts one day and I was asked by three different clerks if I needed some help. I know they were doing thier job, to help a customer, however, it seemed to me that they wanted me out of there ASAP. Maybe I was drooling, or maybe I was holding the skirts up to my waist in the mirror.
    I love my son, and am always glad when he comes home, but I need a few hours to dress to relax.

I know it. when I can't dress for a long period of time.I seem to get crraaaankeey. And I am once getting crankey. doughter has to go back to school and I need to have a talk with the wife about some serious dress up time.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    As a crossdresser who is in the closet does the inability to dress tend to make you frustrated?
    Hi Emmi,

As a crossdresser who is much more closeted than I used to be....yes!

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    How do you balance your feelings and go about your normal routine without being preoccupied by it?
    I have not managed to balance my feelings....and I struggle...and I am preoccupied with it for much of the time...and it eats into my normal routine to the extent that my business is not prospering as it should due to lack of enthusiasm/drive on my part. Lack of acceptance by my SO is doing damage to us both

Works for me

Since I came out to the wife I can dress I think alot.I didnt during the holidays the kids were home from school and all the other things that go with it.The wife did mention that she shaves my back,to my surprise my son said hes going to get electrolisis on his back after he gets setteled when college is done.
    Back to dressing Do I want to dress more?Yes.But I just dont want to push the envelope or rock the boat.I feel that if I dress more in front of the wife I feel guilty of abusing the privlege.Ive dressed 2 times since Jan 3 .I feel that if I do the everyday thing it will lead to problems.To much me and not enough for the family.It is hard to find the right balance.But Im working on it.
    Happy to be out to my loving wife.