Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dressing up as a child

Dressing up as a child

Hi all:

Was just curious to hear about whether any of you had the opportunity to dress fully as girls when you were a child.

For me, I would dress in secret and the earliest memory was when I was four. But I know some of you dressed with your mothers' and sisters' approval.
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I didn't...the clothes weren't available.

But that doesn't mean I didn't want to. When I was little, girls
    wore dresses...(required...maybe by law!) They were so pretty
    and girls were so sweet and nice...vs boys who always wanted
    to push & shove.

If I'd had a chance...it would have been a natural and easy choice.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    I was fortunate in that at the age of four, my best friend across the street had an older sister with lots of pretty dresses. He and I loved to wear her panties, slips, dresses, cute shoes, and play with her dolls. When she got home from school, we all played together. His sister didn't wear a bra yet, so we didn't either... at that time, I didn't even know what a bra was!

The girls next door always needed another girl for afternoon tea.
    I was five when I was invited and everyone thought it was cute.
    It was sure more than cute for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Not for me...

Closest I came was secretly trying on girls hats at school...

That sounds just so unexciting - I feel I need to spice that up somehow...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    yea i'm youngest in our house and i've 3 sisters and there were alwasy a lot of girls in our houseand me being the youngest always got bullied and dressed as a girl

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I never did as a child but instead dressed as a little girl as an adult LOL, long story

I tried to make my own clothes. When I was two-and-a-half I jammed my foot into an old coffee percolator (it was not hot at the time) to create a high heel. The attempts to free my foot caused quite a panic and I think that's when I figured out that my crossdresssing was going to have to be in secret.

I continued attempts to make fantasy clothing out of whatever was available, I found clothes (seriously, I once found a bra on the street and it was my size! I considered it a gift from God!), and to "borrow" clothes from the clothes hamper.

It wasn't until I was a teen of around 18 that I got up enough courage to buy my first skirt, shaking like a leaf and trying to convince the clerk that it was a gift for someone.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I played a woman in a schoolplay, somewhere around the age of 9 or 10 if I recall correctly. It was a 'comedic' role, a posh and vain lady, and none of the girls in my class wanted it, so I volunteered. Probably made it even funnier in the process.

I also did the whole 'switch clothes and laugh at each other in the mirror' thing with the girl next door at a younger age, I think we were five years old or something.

I don't know how much of this ties in with my cross-dressing habit though.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maya1love View Post
    Was just curious to hear about whether any of you had the opportunity to dress fully as girls when you were a child.
    1st time completely was at 6 when playing a joke on my other sisters with the help of an older sister. Our idea together.
    Wore the same exact outfit a year later for Halloween at school. My idea.
    Wore another older sister's cheerleader uniform at 11 for Halloween at school. Her idea but she did not know that I already knew that her uniform fit me.
    A number of dressup games between then -- Barbies, House, Teacher, Fashion Show.
    And an even more number of times that I dressed completely away from my sisters.
    Opportunities presented themselves and some were created by me.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    My mom did dress me up for a last minute invite to
    a halloween party some new neighborhood kids were
    having. I was about 12. I certainly didn't protest and
    I still think she sorta guessed i Loved it.

I actually won the best costume...even though I wasn't
    really thinking of it as a "costume". Maybe the professional
    makeup job had something to do with it.

One of the girls there fell in love with me. My mom picked me
    up right when that was getting interesting...she had to work.

The girl didn't want anything to do with me a few days later
    when i saw her again. i wasn't the same person that she'd met,
    not being dressed up....:P

I did in many times, it also another fantasy like school girl's dreesin..
    Xoxoxo

I had three older sisters, the youngest being 5 years older than myself. I have always known that I was female, or at least in mind, I was dressed a boy as my dad would never have had it any other way. I do faintly remember a time (I must have been around 5 or so) when my sisters and I played dress up and I got to wear a hand me down dress, that I believe they all had to wear at one time or another. It was a polyester girls pullover dress for a young girl without breasts, I remember it came down just below my knees and it was brownish in color with some kind of design on it. The skirt of the dress flared just a little. I remember enjoying the feel of it. I do know that ever after that I always wished I was a real girl and could wear dresses. I do remember after I was old enough to stay home by myself that I would get into my sisters things and put on her dresses. I used to go with my youngest sister to Pennys and she would look through all the dresses and would try them on while I had to sit there and wait. I wanted so bad to be able to try on some dresses also.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I usually just "borrowed" my moms undergarments, but around the age of 11 I toke an old pair of cut of blue jean shorts and reworked them into a skirt. I did all the stitching by hand by flash light at night after everyone had gone to sleep. I enjoyed my new skirt for less than a month, before my mom found it. She was not happy and threatened to tell my dad!
    I suppressed my dressing for quit a while after that.
    Last edited by Christy Diane; 02-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    my grandmother had quite the closet of extra clothing in her basement she had 3 daughters...and my mothers beauty school wigs on those maniquin heads were in there too...it was such a big closet it was the perfect hide and seek spot...not to mention a few easter baskets were hidden in there over the years too...i had fun in that closet as a child...you could go down in the basement and get lost in there for hours. I just stayed away from the 70's pant suits.

I dressed fully when I was around 9. However, I didn't dress as a girl, but more as a young woman, since the clothes were my mother's old castoffs.
    DonnaT

I didn't fully dress as a girl until I got into my teens. I wore a girl dress once when I was 8 or 9 I guess, maybe less than that, but it was an odd event. In my early teens, I was able to fit in my mom's stuff. Before that, I only used her undies.

Not that I can remember. My mother said she dressed one of us one time but was not sure if it was me or my younger brother. I began pretty late but wearing heels, I would say in my late teens. Use to use my mothers pumps then things went dormant until I hit my thirties.

I should have been so lucky as to have been dressed as a child by anyone. I started when I was 12 almost 13 and I was never caught.

I went to day camp. One year they did Oklahoma! and all the boys who didn't have other parts were in the chorus who dressed as girls and sang "I Caint Say No"

"I'm jist a girl who cain't say no,
    I'm in a turrible fix
    I always say "come on, le's go"

Well, I don't know about the others, but it had quite an impression on me at age 8 or 9. I LOVED it. After that I was in my mother's clothes and makeup. Now I have my own.

As kids we spent part of our summers visiting with our cousins. This gave our parents a break from the kids. All the cousins my age were girls. Ever since I can remember I liked playing dress up with my female cousins. There was always an abundance of female clothing and sometimes I would spend an entire week in dresses. One aunt said my male under wear did not go with the dresses so she gave a set of panties of the week. I don't know how many here remember them but if I remember correctly they were the big rite of passage to the young girls back in the 50s. I thought I was in heaven when I put them on. I was so pisseed when my parents would not let me keep them at the end of the week.
    The following year when I stayed with this cousin I asked my aunt if I could wear a dress during my stay. My cousin and aunt both agreed to it. I was disappointed when they did not have a dress that really fitted me. The next day my aunt went shopping and when she returned she said she had presents for us. When I opened my bag I saw a beautiful frilly dress. Oh wow was I excited. I immediately went to put it on but my aunt said there was more in the bag. I looked and in the bag were panties, stockings, garter belt and a bra. I will never forget the feeling of my aunt dressing me and the feeling I had when she slid the stockings up my legs and attached them to the garter straps. She had also bought my cousin the same under things but hers were in white and mine was black. I had a very wonderful week of not only dressing but having the aunt show me and my cousin how to wear makeup and we even went to bed with curlers in our hair. My aunt passed away a few years back and my cousin lives many miles away and we only see each other at family funerals or weddings. She is one of the few people who know about my cross dressing and we laugh at family gatherings wondering if any of the other male family members are wearing garter belt and stockings under their suits. Just for a bit of info I never knew my aunt's husband. He died when my cousin and I were too young to remember. My aunt never remarried but according to my cousin she had some very interesting boy friends over the years, but that is another story.

I started dressing when I was 5. My mom helped me put together a Wonder Woman costume when I must have been about 7. Didn't grow up to be like Lynda Carter, but am definitely an Amazon...
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

At age 4, my 9-year old sister got a pretty, red petticoat. Everyone told her how pretty it was, and how pretty she was in it. I was SO jealous! So I cried until they would let me wear it, and I wore it a lot. I still remember how wonderful it felt to wear it. In a few years, I would borrow my sisters' bras and panties and wear them secretly. By 12, I was big enough to wear my mother's girdle and hose. I never fully dressed until I got a place of my own.

I was lucky to have an open minded mother that helped me from age six..She never shared any of it with my narrow minded father or my only sibling,a sister 4 years older...and a great source of clothes that Mom let me play in..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

My earliest memory is maybe around 7 or 8. I had a sister who was 10 years older and it was the late 60's early 70's. She had some wonderful things. I remember "hot pants" and "go-go" boots and a couple "shag" wigs. They were all in style then. Might be part of why I LOVE heels. My first trip out was in College. A girlfriend kind of knew and I borrowed stuff from her. I was way over dressed for a trip to the mall. One of my fondest memories was going to a costume party in college as Miss Piggy, Renaissance style dress, lots of cleavage, heels, nails and a long blonde wig. The rest of life is so similar to so many others...