Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disclosing to your gf

Disclosing to your gf

Anyone who has a girlfriend who knew about your crossdressing? And what is their reaction?

I disclosed it early on in the relationship. She said: "So what?" She doesn't have a problem with it whatsoever.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My 3 wives and most of my girlfriends have known. I just told them I enjoyed it. Last wife used to buy matching outfits for us to wear

I guess you guys were crossdressing before dating your gf. For me, I found interest in CD after she moved in? I have never worn women's clothing before that.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I revealed my love of lingerie to my girlfriend early on. I've only recently confided to her that I wished to dress up and go out.

It doesn't really matter when you took it up dressing. Just that you did. If you intend to tell her, then the sooner the better, but there are delicate ways to break it to her. One thing i would not do though, is reveal that you've borrowed her clothes. She may see that as an entirely different violation of trust.

Just out of pure curiosity, what drew you to her clothes this late in your life? Granted you don't reveal your age, but e rarely read of late blooming cd s. So you sparked my curiosity. LoL.

I'm in my mid-20's. I grew up in a family with little femininity. I dated only very feminine girls in the past and the current gf is the first who I lived with. So I never had access to women's clothing until recently.

I'm pretty good at putting things back where it was, and plus, I do the laundry at home 95% of the time.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-05-2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: merged posts. Please use the edit button .

Initially my cross dressing began with only wearing high heels. I told her before we got serious because I learned from my marriage that It was not good to keep this from my (ex wife)...I remember my ex telling me no one will ever want you like this... I did not want to start off on the wrong foot but I was extremely nervous but willing to accept her decision. I did not want to lie to her. So when I told my gf I was in tears because I was prematurely grieving a break-up. So after I finally said that I like wearing high heels she gave out a sigh of relieve and said "that's it" she had thought I liked kids... She is very supportive and accepting and she helped me get things going by getting out Teresa in me. She was the one who suggested to switch clothes one day when I was wearing heels and wanted to see how everything looked... She complimented me on my legs and butt. She is a hairstylist and make-up artist and she wanted fix me up and dress me up for Halloween. That is when Teresa was born and the rest is history... She has help me on my journey to discover the gal inside of me.

I didn't start crossdressing until after my girlfriend and I had been living together for quite some time. I had tried panties on a handful of times prior to our relationship. One day we were talking about fetishes and I mentioned it. (Disclaimer: I know its not necessarily a fetish.) She said she wouldn't mind if I wore them just as long as I didn't around friends or family. She would worry about them seeing them and she didn't really want other people to know. I did that for awhile and then when she was away on business one summer I got curious about wearing more than just panties so went and bought a skirt and some other stuff. Discovered that I liked it. I didn't mention it when she got back but the urge to do it again was persistent so I told her about it after awhile. She was not very happy about it. It was a pretty brutal conversation. In the end though, it boiled down to we both love each other very much and she didn't want to prevent me from being me and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable in the relationship and we settled on an out of sight, out of mind agreement.

Telling her was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. I think it would have been worse for me though if I had tried to hide it. Eventually it probably would have come out and probably would have caused more problems. Better to be honest now though then to make them feel hurt and betrayed later.

Platinum Member
    Yes, early in our relationship. She married me 14 years ago.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    A long time ago and there was no problem with it.

Vanny

Quote Originally Posted by kev.wong140 View Post
    I'm pretty good at putting things back where it was, and plus, I do the laundry at home 95% of the time.
    That's all well and good, but its a respect issue. And if you truly hope to reveal this to your girlfriend, you do not want it cropping up as an issue. Revealing is hard enough, no need to complicate life by making her feel violated.

When things began to get serious with my fiancée, I told her, then I married her. Been together for 45-years. Do it early in a relationship. If you don't, chances are it will poison the relationship.

Disclosed my interest before relationship got serious, been together and married 7 years, and helps me dress
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Where have you been finding those accepting gg's.
    I have lost 3-4 gf's to my cding.
    I wish I knew what I was doing wrong or should I say what you are doing right.
    Any hints?
    Do I look that bad?
    Prene

I didn't disclose anything, they encouraged me.

I presented as a 98lb weakling and looked better in a dress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I met my SO soon to be wife when i was enfemme. Obviously not an issue.

well, my firs wife found my "stash" snooping around... Big blow up "you're cheating on me!" It wasn't pretty! No, it's mine! Prove it.. Ok... Well, keep your girl things outta my sight...
    My current wife I met dressed as Sarah Palin for Halloween.
    I know not how I shall meet my next SO, but when it's time, I figure on trolling lesbian bars (dressed of course)

Yes, once I knew it was really serious and that proposing was probably going to be happening, I told her because it was something she needed to know about me. She was very accepting. We've been happily married 17+ years now.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

It's probably better than having her find out about the clothes, which she may think they belong to some other girl

My wife asked me what cherishes I had and from there I brought my girl gear over to show her. From then on it progressed to full dressing. My kids know too.
    Formerly CDGigi

I met my husband online in a cd group. I met the femme persona first and adored her. We met in person and had the same connection and were married a yr later. But i may be unique for some time now i have preferred all things femme, cd or gg.

You got that right, kev.wong140. My view is cheating is a far more serious breach of trust, but it`s still unethical to keep something like crossdressing from a life partner.

Silver Member
    My girlfriend was very supportive and is now my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by kev.wong140 View Post
    It's probably better than having her find out about the clothes, which she may think they belong to some other girl
    All I'm saying is if you sincerely plan to tell her, don't wear her clothes. It won't help your case. If you go far enough, you might eventually want your own clothes in order to feel successful at it, or have your own sense of style. But I just think you are going down a very bad road wearing her stuff.

I had suppressed my desire to CD, for the most part. My GF brought it up with me and kept pushing the issue. It was more of me trying to slowly slide in so as to not giver her too big of an impression that i'd done it seriously in the past (which i'm not sure she'd be thrilled about).

It's easy to say that you should just tell her and not hide it, but I know I'd never have the guts to do that.