Thread: I Was Ma'amed!

Thumbs up I Was Ma'amed!

Got brave. Styled my below ear length hair and was surprised at how feminine it turned out! Carefully did full makeup. Wore an orange collared sweater with stripes over my "D" breasts, white, low cut cardigan over the top, necklace and even painted nails.

Went to a drive through at lunch time. Two lanes with a curve, surrounded by men in their vehicles. Got a few looks in mirrors, sideways glances, none seeming to notice, but were rather checking out the lady in the tight sweater.

Used most female voice I could muster to order. When I pulled up to the window, heart pounding, the girl at the window looked me in the eye and said, "that will be $5.40 ma'am," and smiled at me. My heart leaped! I couldn't hold back my smile.

Then I gave her my debit card with my very male name. She didn't seem to notice, handed it back, smiled and told me to have a nice day.

Next window, girl handed me my bag, looked at me and said, "Thank you, ma'am." Again, I was quite beyond description.

Parked and ate my food, smiling all the while. A truck pulled up opposite me containing 3 young men. One of them went in to rent a DVD while the others waited. They both checked me out as they conversed together. Neither one seemed to notice at all who they were looking at!

I have read several posts from girls that have had successful outings with confirmation that they passed and how gratifying that is. Now I know. There is nothing like it.

But, I was sitting in my SUV. I'm certain that if I walked around people would see my large stature, my huge neck sloped forward, my massive man hands and goofy feet. Even so, the event made my month! Just had to share.

Thumbs up! It takes courage to do it, but once you do you learn a lot of what you feared was not justified. I still find it hard to feel at ease, but most people will respect you... If you can pull off using your natural hair, you are very fortunate.
    Chickie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Days like that are very nice to have, good for you!!
    Really proud of you too.

Keep taking those little steps carefully and wisely and you will get by all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A good start to the month Christina - you've clearly got the bug...

Enjoy the feeling until the next time....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Feels good, doesn't it!?!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I was out for the first time yesterday and did get called miss once. It put a smile on my heart

It happened for you - yay

Thanks for the uplifting report ma'am.

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Last edited by MsVal; 02-05-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: correct sig

I love it! Congrats!

Sounds great! Glad that you realize that your neck, hands and feet would probably give you away out of the vehicle.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Ain't it nice? Good for you!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Lucky. Sounds like a great milestone!

Congrats! Got to love it.
    Juliana

That is just wonderful Congratulations.

I dream of the day someone refers to me as ma'am.

Emily

That is so nice! It does feel good to be acknowledged as one presents!

As you get out and about more often you will interact with more people. The gratification of being "ma'amed" will occur more often and you realize that most of the population isn't on a "CD hunt" and will accept us at face value, literally.

For me, the scary part was when I was shopping with a CD friend, both dressed, and the twentysomething salegirl came up and said "may I help you guys?" My heart jumped but then I realized that GGs, particularly younger ones, refer to groups of either gender as "guys."

Of course, there is the other side of the coin. When out with a group of CDers I often find that waiters tend to emphasize the "ladies" a bit more than I would consider normal while addressing us. Of course this yields BIG tips!
    Last edited by Eryn; 02-23-2014 at 02:48 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I was out one night on my way to a local T friendly club when I got a run in my tights. I was wearing a very short denim skirt with a white long sleeve peasant blouse with black ankle boots. I had just bought a very short curly auburn wig.The only place open was a Wall Mart, so I went inside and to my surprise no one gave me a second look. After picking up a new pair of tights I thought what the hell so I did a little shopping. While in the makeup section a young female sales clerk commented me on my hair. While on my way to cash registers a little girl started messing with my cart the lady that the child was with told the little girl to leave that ladies cart alone. She then said to me, I am very sorry ma'am. The lady at the checkout said she liked my blouse. I went into the ladies room and changed my tights. I was so excited I could hardly breathe. I went to the club and had great time.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I agree, getting mam'ed is such a great feeling. It's the best!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The feeling gets better every time. Happy for you.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN