Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Camera Worries

Traffic Camera Worries

So, I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Last week I am pretty sure I was photoed on a traffic camera as I went through a yellow light. I am just worried as I was dressed and wonder if that picture is now public record? Is this just something the workers will get a laugh at and then will disapper? If I pay the ticket nothing goes on my record and nothing gets reported to Department of Transportation or the insurance company. I would rather just pay it and be like lesson learned and be more careful the next time. Just worried about this picture coming back to haunt me sometime.

Banned Read only
    These tickets are sent to the registered owner of the vehicle. If that's you there is no need to worry. The cameras are set to read the license plate and that's usually the rear plate. Also, a citation should not be issued for going through a yellow light. That's just a caution to start slowing down. Also, the definition of the photo of the occupants in the car should not be so clear as to identify them even if taken from the front. Just mail in the dough.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    you worry to much...

My wife has been caught on camera several times here, and they have clear shots of the font and back plates and the driver from the front. The pictures along with the citations were mailed to me since I was the registered owner of the vehicle. I had to laugh at the expression on her face both times.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Those cameras take thousands of pictures every day (ka-ching!) and the chance of anyone looking up a particular image is small. You'd need the resources of a large federal government agency and if they get interested in you you are in bigger trouble than CDing!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing to worry about.

Ashleemarie - I'm sure you knew the risks involved. What happens if you crash your car whilst dressed or get involved in road rage. Cameras are everywhere now from phone cameras to shop security to offices. They are everywhere. If you are really worried about getting photographed the only safe way is don't go out....Ellie

Contrary to what we fear, the folks at the DMV most likely couldn't care less. You will be fine.
    ~Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    you worry to much...
    Way too much! I would be more concerned about the surveillance chip the NSA put in your laptop.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

If you want to make a bigger impression, point out that some young lady must have borrowed your car and don't pay it.

The solution has already been aired by others here.

"Just pay it."
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    There's nothing to worry about, unless you were bumper riding on rollerskates.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

If you recetve a moving violation, do not just pay it and walk away.That WILL permanently raise your insurance rates; instead, ask to go to court, When there plead "no contest"; you will be offered traffic school; take it. It will cost tthe same, but will keep it off your record.
    Last edited by donnalee; 02-06-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

They blow the picture up and post it for 30 days at the Post Office...Best you do whatever they ask of you...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

There's some good advice here - unless your were mooning at the time, I think you'll be fine...

And if your photo did escape into the real world, you'd be able to sue whatever authority it was for handsome compensation...!

Don't worry - Be happy...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I don't think it is much to worry about....when you get down to it its about the money.
    Pay the fine and move on.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

I agree with most here you are wording to much

Platinum Member
    If the light was yellow there won't be a ticket....if it was red they will send the notice to the registered owner...regardless of how they are dressed!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Too much worrying will give you wrinkles.

I agree, there isn't much too worry. In some cases you can also review the footage and see what was recorded. I know when I given a ticket I reviewed it online and saw the video of me driving and passing the red light but I was never able to see the driver only the car and the area I was in.

Yes, this has become part of your Permanent Crossdressing Record. In addition to your driving skills, you will be critiqued on your makeup and hairstyle, were you driving a chick car?

Lots of not too serious advice here. I would just suggest that the next time you are out driving around and you know you are going into a traffic zone such as that just make sure your hair and makeup are impeccable.

Silver Member
    Depends where you were. In NJ only the plate is photograghed along with where the car was when the lite turned red. Also some people think the camares on the pight bracket are red light cameras, they are not. They sense when a car is at the light. Also there should be signage indicating red light camera and they are on the side of the road in NJ.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    Way too much! I would be more concerned about the surveillance chip the NSA put in your laptop.
    Ha Ha

I hope they like my pics.

Don't worry about the cameras. If you get a ticket it will be mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle and if that's you then you will just get the summons with some lady's picture driving. Pay the fine and maybe you can keep it as a memento.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

The photo of the driver is taken in case there's a dispute as to who was driving. Unless the fine is contested, i.e. "Can't remember who was driving on that day/time, me or my wife" as a way to avoid paying, there's no reason for anyone to look at the drivers picture.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed