Thread: Just a thought to consider

Just a thought to consider

A member who used to post many items to provoke thought hasn't posted for a long time. So, I am going to post one for you to consider.

I usually spend less than 10% of my time in a week dressed as and presenting as a man. In your opinion, am I "crossdressed" when I am presenting as a man or when I am presenting as a woman?

Your thoughts?
    Hugs, Carole

It depends...are you a man or a woman? Or neither? If a man then you are crossdressed when you wear womens clothes, if you are a woman you are crossdressed when wearing mens clothes, if you are neither or both then you are never crossdressed.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I wouldn't want to cross swords with anyone over this, but it seems to me that the percentage en femme crosses out the cross of crossdressed. You are simply "dressed." Hopefully no one will become cross with me because I crossed out cross.

Banned Read only
    For me this applies.. never thought about it this way. I am more inclined to the man me naturally, but that does not mean that when I am one, I am also NOT also the other.

Curious question

Vanny

It's largely semantics and point-of-view, but I don't think you're cross-dressing if you identify as female and you're wearing women's clothing you present yourself as a woman. Based on the opening post (or any amount of posts really) I cannot tell how you identify yourself as, unless you explicitly tell me. Maybe you're really just into the 'female aesthetic', hell if I know.
    Last edited by Zylia; 02-05-2014 at 05:58 PM.

I would say that the answer to this is not easy, but here is a shot. Since you spend so little of your time dressed as and presenting as a male, do you consider yourself more female rather than male? I only ask because my answer to your question is dependent upon the answer to mine. I would say that if you consider yourself to be more male than rather than female, you would be crossdressing when you are presenting as a woman. It works equally both ways. I myself would love to spend all of my time dressed.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

I dress as a female 24/7 as I felt dressing as a male was living a lie all my life, and now I lie to no one, I am who I am.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Carole - I'm going with Relativity here: 'It depends on your frame of reference..'

We (our community) might be prepared to accept your choice and assertion that you feel more comfortable dressing and presenting as a female and therefore you are simply 'dressed' as you feel is correct.

Society (as a whole - Plebs Sordida, if you will) have a different frame of reference, and to most of them you are conflicting your physical gender (male) with the current societal fashion norm of those who wear dresses (female) and therefore you are 'crossdressed'.

Some of it is semantics - some of it cultural.

Sadly - or fortunately - for us, there is no transgender normative fashion.

Time for another beer...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

If you are male, you are crossdressed anytime you wear female clothing, so 90 percent of the time dressed I would say.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We could keep it simple and say if you are male and wear female clothing you are crossdressed. But it's never as simple as we'd wish. Seems like you've found your right place, I think you're just you and beyond crossdressing.

Christen X

Personally, these days I feel "weird" looking in mirror and not having at least mascara on
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-06-2014 at 12:42 AM. Reason: no need to quote OP

Banned Read only
    Katey,

your answer caused my brain to melt...........

Katey...+1

Perhaps the term "crossdress" implies the need to change back for a non-zero boy/girl ratio?

Platinum Member
    The decision is really yours to make. In my own life I've...at times when I worked from home, I spent in excess of 70 percent of my time en femme. Now it's more like 40%...due to work requirements. But my self appraisal has shifted gradually towards female. In some sense, I feel like I'm CDing when I am in make mode.

If I were to make the same assessment of you, I would say you are not CDing...you're dressing in accordance with your gender identity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks to all of you who responded to this post. It is obvious that your answers were well thought out.

Obviously, there is no "right" answer to this question but your opinions were interesting.
    Hugs, Carole

Platinum Member
    Hi Carol, This sounds like a trick question, and you are right there's no right answer.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You are you however you are dressed, so it's a bit of a moot point either way, imo

Silver Member
    Let's take it further. I wear women's clothes 90% of the time. I do not present as a woman but do wear obviously fem clothes much as a woman would wear a man's shirt or clothing. I wear bras, but not forms and have obvious projection with or without. Should I be considered a cross dresser. What about women who wear men's t'shirts?

You are the master of your own destiny. If you identify as a female then you are and dress accordingly. If you identify as male you are and dress appropriately. I identify as a male because of my body's physic which I have no desire to change. Therefore I am a cross dresser when in femme or not.