Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How necessary is crossdressing?

It is quite necessary, in order satisfy that inner (subconscious) desire to cross dress. I can put it on hold for a short while, but the need never goes away.

What I can control is when, where and how much. Thus the urge is less compulsory, even if it is almost always there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    The end result is that I can live without it if necessary but it's a "nice to have".
    I'm surely not going to die from not being able to dress, but it would make the urge stronger.

I have this itch on one spot of my belly that has been there for many years. I've seen the doctor for it, and had it biopsied, etc. Nothing has been able to stop the itch. I can ignore it for a little while, but eventually I have to scratch it.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    Kate love your perspective on this as I too have been trying to get a handle on mine as well. I need to control it as well and not let it control me, my pink fog over the last month was bad but now much more under control and being able to have more conversation with my non accepting wife has helped as well. I feel I need this at times but I won't let it overwhelm me as I have in the past
    Now that is very good news Leigh. My best to you.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Fortunately I am at a place where I have the opportunity to dress more than I really want to. I sometimes decide its just too much trouble and time consuming so I decide to do something totally different with my time.
    I doubt if many of us could know just how important to us the ability to crossdress is until after it is taken away from us for any reason.

It's not a necessary part of my life, but a desirable part. I could live without, and be miserable, but I choose not to.

I don't feel a need. It's more like a hobby. I have some free time, I read a book, watch a good movie, go out for a run, dress like a woman.

Dressing femme is part of me. I've tried to control it in the past. Not only did I fail at it. It made me feel more guilty and anxious. When I finally accepted who and what I am I took the time to celebrate it. I come to love all aspects of my female side. I try to emmulate a female as much as possible and make a concerted effort to be who I am as much as possible.

Not that big of a deal to me. I do it when the mood strikes. Would do it more if I had a transgendered gf to hangout with. That's about it.

One thing that helps me keep it in perspective is being an action/adventuress.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For me, it foremost is something I really enjoy doing, something I think about a lot.. and something I want to do well.

In the last 5 to 7 years.. it might subconsciously be something that is necessary and a powerful urge, but because I know that there will always be plenty of opportunities combined with the fact that I don't have to hide it from my friends.. I'm pretty relaxed with it. If there's is a period of one or two months without dressing.. I can handle it just fine, because it will come. It will probably lead to much on-line shopping though.. because that first time after a long drought will always be epic!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Makeup addict!
    I like dressing as a girl but it's not really necessary to my life. I find it lets me get in touch with my emotional side. I guess it's just escapism

When forcing myself to be 'normal' I also tortured my body, cding makes me want to treat my body like a temple.

interesting thread, i don't see it as a necessity as I see food and water but it definitely is me. I'm in love with my femininity, i am learning to embrace it and the clothes complete it. yes there were times when I couldn't control it it was like 'i need to dress up, i want to dress up' and just obsessing about it. I've worked around it and I know I will get to dress and its getting better. I don't rush it like I used to before. I take my time and go the whole 9 yards. Could I live without it well I honestly don't know but I'll lean towards 'no'.

Aspiring Member
    If I stop CDing for extended times my whole body starts to go thru withdrawal. I tighten up, my muscles, back, whole body starts getting achy and pain sets in. Once I am able to dress the symptoms evaporate. On a mental level my mind is instantly freed.
    It may come down to is it something I do or is it something I am? I've much more control over it as when I was younger though. There is hardly no time I don't think about it and yearn to be dressed. But I am able to put it way for a few days at a time.
    Last edited by bimini1; 02-09-2014 at 06:54 AM.

I consider it necessary for me. Like having to go to the bathroom, when the call comes . . . .

The only time I struggle with CDing is when I have the choice to either go out and do something en drab, or stay inside and dress for the day. Deciding which to do is an interesting head game. I sometimes hope for bad weather so I can rationalize staying in. Other than that I'm pretty cool with the control thing.

I could live without it, i suppose, just like exercise, my wife, etc. But it would always be near the top of my list to restart when circumstances allowed.

Mostly I see crossdressing as a necessity. I spend most of my free time en femme. I don't get a thrill out of dressing. My femme things "are just my clothes." The problem I have is that male clothing just feels wrong. If I wear male clothing too long, I feel like I'm being smothered. When I start feeling like this, I change to femme clothing and it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. I can look in the mirror and see myself, not a stranger.

Banned Read only
    I tried to "control" it for many years but realized whatever it was that drew me in, I couldn't control it, as it was a part of who I was. Now, with the exception of work, I wear women's clothes almost all of the time, along with a wig and usually makeup if I go out and about. I find that I am more at peace with my everyday as Gina. I'm OK with that now.

How does one not need to dress when the woman within you screams for attention? Absolutely necessary-- no ; a necessary requirement-- most assuredly.