Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast forms-a step too far ?

Banned Read only

Breast forms-a step too far ?

This is not a question about which is best, I have a dilemma about forms.
    I have a 31" waist so I add just enough filling in my bra so I don't look too top heavy and have to start padding my bottom half (which I hate!). I use balloons filled with water but the stupid part is I use two, one inside the other because they work better, forms would probably do a better job and yet I feel I'm crossing the line. I would going from something to fill a bra to suggesting I wanted breasts !
    My wife has seen me twice ( accidentally, not a happy bunny!) but never asked what I use but I think it would make a big difference to her if she knew.
    Does anyone else have the same thoughts please ?
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-06-2014 at 03:16 PM.

I don't think wearing forms means you want breasts. It could just mean you want to give a better presentation. If you are not bringing these into the bedroom I don't think it is crossing the line. I am basing that on that your wife knows you dress completely as a woman already. Just my opinion! Good luck
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Banned Read only
    Teresa,

not with the wife necessarily, but earlier on with my ex, I did tread lightly because I did not want her to be overwhelmed ... all about timing and ability to adapt. For me the thought of dressing and being feminine is related to shape and form, so I did not question this. Neither did she... it was part of the female body that men find attractive.

Don't know if that helps much but ultimately I did get many sets of forms... may be good to also have some thoughts about how you would address this if asked. My response if it were today, "no I don't want these things all the time but they are part of the female image so I wanted to see how they changed my look...what do you think?"

hope that makes sense... if not please promptly file in the round filing cabinet.

Vanny

Silver Member
    Something else to consider is your height, present weight, and your blouse/dress size. If you add too much to your breast size, you may look top heavy and your clothes may fit too tightly. Observe GG's in your stature/shape to get ideas for a figure you would be confident and comfortable with showing off.

Teresa, I have a very similar situation as my wife has never seen me in fem but I tried on a set of forms the other day and I was in love with them.not only are they more natural in shape but in feel as well. I'm debating getting some just "to make my tops fit better"

Banned Read only
    The main thing you will notice about breast forms is that the better ones feel very realistic against your body. The motion you get from them against your chest as you move feels awesome - my brain really loved it when I wore mine. (I can't use them anymore, and loaned them to a friend, who had the same reaction - her brain wanted breasts too.)

And yes, your clothes surely do fit better, and you'll feel a lot more feminine. Breasts are a pretty huge cue to gender.

Quote Originally Posted by teresa View Post
    forms would probably do a better job and yet I feel I'm crossing the line. I would going from something to fill a bra to suggesting I wanted breasts !
    If you don't already have a desire to want breasts, I don't think having forms will make you cross that line. After all, they will be mainly for filling your bra.

If you already had the desire to have breasts (which you apparently don't), proper forms would have helped you achieve your desire without going to the extreme of making body changes.
    DonnaT

I think forms are used by most of us just to give the finale touch to our outfit. Forms do give a better fit I just love wearing them when going up and down stairs they give the feel of being real. But wife as excepted them

Many many years ago I did the balloons with water trick too. Silicone forms just feel so much better and look so too. Cannot really explain but you will find once having had them there is no turning back. But it is about what you want really... I want to look and feel the best I can given what I have...

Kaz xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I suspect that we cross a line the first time we put on a bra and panties, and skirt and heels, and makeup. Forms, even the less expensive ones, feel and look far better than balloons (tried those).

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I love wearing my forms as they do add to the gender presentation. Without them, my stomach is competing for first place ahead of my chest anyway.

As with all things CD, TG, TS whatever, it really is an individual thing, but I couldn't present without them now. Same as not wearing my wig.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Forms come in many sizes, easy to find the one that fits your needs. MUCH more convenient than messing with nested water balloons! Would you feel less guilty about wearing panties if you sewed your own out of dish towels, rather than buying them at the store? Forms are just another article of feminine wear. GGs buy gel pads off the rack in the bra section of the department store. You could too. Knee-highs, thigh-highs, and panty hose are all just variations on a theme, appropriate for different occasions. Pads and breast forms are another set of related products for different occasions. Have to agree with others here--they feel great!

The largest forms available don't look oversized on my wide chest. But I don't (ever remotely) pass, and I do have second thoughts when going out in public with them, since they are obviously synthetic on this man in a dress.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Most websites that sell them have a chart that shows which breast form size fits best with your chest measurement.

Rather than describing breast forms as a step too far I'd describe them as a step in the right direction. IMO, go for it after you have done your homework. There are online resources that can help you select an appropriate size. I think you will be pleased with the result. Best wishes.

I mean this kindly but latex filled with water versus latex filled with silicone? Both are space occupying masses within a bra and will not lead you any where unless you wish to go. And what everyone else said......

I use them now and then but mostly prefer au natural. My itty bitty real ones

Get the Forms...You won't regret it.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I loved my silicon forms. A lucky sister in Grand Rapids inherited them in my post reveal purge. Someday soon I will replace them. You look great in a British prim and proper, dignified flavor.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Teresa,

In one of your previous posts, you mentioned that you were a photographer or had done a lot of photography in the past. Most likely you had different lenses, light meters, filters, lights, and used different film speeds. These are all standard equipment for a photographer. Most likely you upgraded to a digital camera by now. For me, forms, wigs, heels, etc. are standard equipment for a cross dresser.

My wife's reaction was a bit different. My first pair she said were too big for an Asian and asked me to order a smaller pair, which I did. I took the smaller pair on location where ever I was working. When I was at home I would use the bigger pair. She takes me over to the local transformation service and had me fitted for an expensive smaller pair for home. In the end I mostly use the second smaller pair I bought. For my wife, it was a safety factor for me.

I love my forms.. and sometimes I wonder why I didn't get them years earlier. They might be expensive but they're worth every cent! The feeling is great.. and it actually gives you consistent measurements which comes in handy when you're buying your clothes.

And about crossing the line.. don't know about that. I would never want to go out without my forms, but I also wouldn't want real breasts. I actually like the fact that I can take them off.. and put them on when I want to.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julia marie View Post
    I suspect that we cross a line the first time we put on a bra and panties, and skirt and heels, and makeup. F.
    yea...you got your toes in.....now jump in the waters fine

I think I'm in the same situation as you. First off, I'm in a dadt. I never revealed, I was discovered. It was an extremely difficult period of adjustment for my wife with all the usual suspicions, questions etc. She did eventually accept that I couldn't change and begrudgingly accepts it as a part of me. I am strictly hetero, wish to present completely (will only ever in my dreams) and have gone out a few times at nite to open, public places. I didn't own forms when I was discovered but have acquired them since. When she stumbled upon them a few years ago it was not pleasant. Mind you, her response was not overtly confrontational but all the unspoken signs of displeasure were there. So yes, for me it crossed a (yet another) line.

Go to a breast form store. Do a size smaller than what you think you need. Been there, done that!

I am in a similar situation, but my wife doesn't know about Carla. I am about to order a set of forms...they are the logical next step so my bra fits properly. If she knows I don't think there is a line to cross, at least not with forms...go for it

Didn't think much about it, balloons and socks just didn't give the right look or the feel that I wanted so I got forms never regretted it. Having forms doesn't mean you want breast, just a more natural look.