Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many friends have you lost because of CDing

None, because only my wife knows. However, we are all the same person inside, just wearing different clothing and appearance. None of our character traits change nor do our world views. So why is it difficult for others to accept this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Your friends heard you were a cross dresser but your wife did not? How'd that work?
    jen, i dont know, rumors, innuendo, not sure i never divulged to anyone, but my family i was sure did,
    my sons godfather i believe was one of them who assumed,
    yet when i revealed to my wife i expected the worst and was hoping for the good Jennifer type,
    "honey ive known for some time", nope, DADT, didn't think i was that good hiding it ??
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Aspiring Member
    Kate, that is an answer that is a bit too facile and has been trotted out seemingly without thought about its consequences on a real lving person. It doesn't help to say, well, up theirs if they don't like who I am. We all have need of various forms of social "friendship" and if every person feels that it is someone else's problem, they are still not going to be happy campers. I'm not sure how that can change except though some phenomenal media campaign to show that transgendered people are not "horrible" people. No man/woman is an island and a lonely life is not only a sad life, but those around one have to suffer as well. just a thought.
    JUST a crossdresser

I'm not sure if I so much lost and friends over my crossdressing, I did get outed at my cricket club though.. I was forced into walking away from there as a consequence, so therefore I don't talk to people from around there much if at all now... Not my loss.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

None that I am aware of, and in fact I've gained a number of close friends whom shared a common bond. Nothing like a couple of guys having a beer after work, discussing the emotional benefits of a mani/pedi and our favorite Opi nail colors.

My wife and I had quite a few friends before we all started getting married and having a family. Everyone that knows of my dressing is still in my life outside of a few ex-girlfriends. My best friend since childhood, who is a male, has seen me dressed and didn't care. He's great. His wife actually helped me with makeup once before I started dating my wife.