Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Unexpected Visitor...And A New 'Sister'

Banned Read only

Smile An Unexpected Visitor...And A New 'Sister'

More than once I've mentioned that only a few people know about Diane, two family members (my cousin Gail and my ex-wife) and two close friends. But that changed a little over two hours ago.

Gail called me last night and said she wanted to stop by to see me today as she had something she wanted to talk to me about. She was heading up north to do some skiing and figured it would be nice to stop for a visit on her way up. So far so good. What she didn't tell me was that she was traveling with my youngest sister.

They arrived just before noon and seeing my sister with her was a nice surprise. (They don't get a chance to get together very often due to distance and work schedules, but when they do they usually head off somewhere for a day or two to reconnect.) After the usual pleasantries, Gail got right to the point, and it was a shocker.

She looked at my sister Janice and said, "She knows about Diane."

I'm not exactly sure what expression I had on my face, but I knew I was blushing fiercely as I could feel the heat on my face.

Gail went on to explain that they had gotten together Thursday after my sister flew in to Boston, staying at her home just outside the city. They got to talking about family things and about stuff they had done in the past. Then Gail pulled out some of her photo albums and they were going over them. You know, the usual "Hey, do you remember when this was taken?" kind of reminiscing.

At one point they were going through some of Gail's vacation photos when Janice came across a picture of Gail and me as Diane. As Gail told it, Janice was surprised to see Gail's 'twin'. To make a long story short, Gail finally fessed up that her twin Diane was really me.

It was awkward....at least until Janice came over to me, gave me a hug, and said "I always knew there was a hidden side to you. I just had no idea!" From there the three of us talked about how Diane came to be, how long I'd been dressing, including a slightly embarrassing question about my sexuality. (I told her I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body, which got her laughing. A good thing, I guess.) Janice said that me being Diane certainly explained a few things she'd noticed over the years.

Gail and Janice left just a little while ago and I knew I had to sit down and share this on the forum.

We've made plans for a night out later this week, and Janice insisted she wanted to meet Diane in person as all she's seen of me is in pictures. So come later this week Janice will meet her unknown sister and the three of us will have a girl's night out. I have to admit to feeling both relieved and a little nervous at the same time. But I am so looking forward to letting Janice come to know the woman I am inside!

Very nice story Diane. I'm glad that your sister accepted your CD'ing and hope your girl's night out is fun for all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Sounds like the conversation went smoothly and your "girls night out" should be fun! Be sure to tell us all about it!

This is good news and I hope you have a great girls night out!
    Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

That's a lovely story Diane - unexpected perhaps, but hopefully with a successful and progressive outcome for you and your sister.

I hope everything goes well for you...

And btw - I may have thought this but not said anything - you have a great avatar, and I assume that is you..?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    That's a lovely story Diane - unexpected perhaps, but hopefully with a successful and progressive outcome for you and your sister.

I hope everything goes well for you...

And btw - I may have thought this but not said anything - you have a great avatar, and I assume that is you..?

Katey x
    Katey, thanks for your comment! It will be an interesting journey of discovery for both of us.

The avatar picture is over 30 years old, but that's pretty much what I looked like way back when.

I originally thought it was a picture of my cousin, but she corrected me, reminding me she's the one who took the picture. She's a great photographer. I don't have a lot of pictures of me but Gail does, so I'll see if she'll send some, particularly of us together. Then you'll see why so many people thought we were twin sisters even though she was a few inches taller than me. We don't look as much alike as we used to because, quite frankly, she's aged better than I have! If I think of it I'll see about getting some pictures of her, Janice, and me on our night out.
    Last edited by Diane Edwards; 02-08-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo!

I'm so happy for you Diane. It must be a nice feeling to have another soul to be open with, especially a sibling. I'm sure your girls night will be wonderful.

Diane,

That is a wonderful story. Hope the three of you have a great time on your girls night out later in the week.

Banned Read only
    Although words must give comfort to many here as a replacement for words in person, you are fortunate to have a friend that is actual and real life. That my friend is a blessing.

Thanks for a
    Sharing

Vanny

Crossdresser
    No matter what she will always be your sister. Now you get to do some sister things together. How great is that? Enjoy your time out.

Very nice!!! Have a wonderful time!!

what a beautiful story! I hope you and your sister continue to be close sisters.

Diane,
    I would like to think you are about to nurture a new relationship.
    I hope it goes well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well it just goes to show you never know whats going to happen.
    Absolutely wonderful story.

What an awesome story! Thank you for sharing. I can't get enough of stories like this, all about love and acceptance.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Every story should have a happy ending like this. We've all heard too many that went the other way. I wonder what my sisters would think?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Just a quick note: We're off for our Girl's Night Out!

I'll let you all know how it went tomorrow as I expect we'll be out quite late.

That's awesome to hear,
    I wish you the best luv -x-
    Samantha -x-

That's great. Happy for the three of you.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Congratulations! It's so nice to revel in the joy of dressing while surrounded by people who love us.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Platinum Member
    Hi Diane, That's such a lovely story we will be standing for ( The Rest Of The Story ).
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

glad it turned out okay and good. I'm sure you had a ball at your night out. indeed a sweet story

What a wonderful story. I am so happy for you all. Hope you have a super girls night out.

Let us know how it goes.

Hugs,
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Aspiring Member
    Nice story...you will look great and have a bunch of fun!
    Fortuneta

great story,....could never tell my sister...little bit of a bully..and has a mean streak toward men...maybee one piece of puzzle why i embrace my softer side