Thread: Have any of you bachelor CD's given up hope of finding a wife? I have.

Have any of you bachelor CD's given up hope of finding a wife? I have.

Before i started dressing seriously, i was working poor, and had a few female friends, but not possibilities for a SO, or steady , or wife. Now, that Cding is a oart of me,, and i am 59, out of work, on disability low fixed income,i have even less of what a modern woman wants. And, most all the GG's single anround my age have "been there, done that", married at least once and divorced. My only hope is to meet a widow, who is compassionate, and takes good care of herself. They are hard to find. I read a Yahoo article on men in their 50' s, who can't find steady jobs, and it depressed me, though, i am well aware of what is happening to lots of middle age men, losing creers, and jobs, and not able to find jobs, and many going on disability, just to survive. If they are single, their chances of a So are very slim. This is a national and world crisis! Men not needed anymore, The article said women have been less hurt by the economy, than men. For me, a part time CDer, low income, it is more bleak, than earlier in my lifetime single life. Have any of you identified with this thread?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have given up too... and I am only working part time right now...these arent my reasons for giving up..but I can relate.I felt that way a few years ago .I havent given up as much these days as I have pretty much stopped looking if that makes any sense. I dont need another person in my life to be happy..I am happy with me just the way I am. And the fact that I enjoy dressing really is the nail on the coffin for me wanting to stay single. I will never have the majority of the issues disscussed on this forum. It is tough out there if you are looking for someone...it's even tougher when you FIND them. Call me iresposible..but I cant deal with gals anyway....it's like a cat fight. There is nothing wrong with being single if you love and are comfortable with yourself, and you will never be lonely if you surround yourself with good people. The grass always looks greener.The best is the gals who get divorced and realize how much happier they are...

Gold Member
    If you don't give up, you just might find someone. If you give up, you guarantee you won't find someone. Figure out what you want and let that guide you.

I wouldn't say that I've given up. Rather, I would say that I am acting on the advice many people have given me; when you stop trying so hard, it will happen. I've stopped trying at all, so I figure I will find "the one" any moment now. Of course, the fact that I'm alone in my truck for months on end makes this highly unlikely unless I crash into her. But I'm a good driver. Honestly, I don't think I'm interested in being in any romantic realtionships. I've never been in one and have been happy, successful, and content despite that. As time goes on, I find myself feeling less lonely. Part of it is that I stay very busy and engaged in solitary pursuits. Also, I like that I really don't need to deal with the drama of introducing my crossdressing to someone that I would most certainly HAVE to tell.

Still, people keep telling me I'm missing out and that I have a lot to offer. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much and if I had something to offer, I figure someone would have taken me up on it in the last 40 years. So, no. I'll stay single.

I'm single and LOVING it
    2 marriages DONE
    PENNI TIME

Most all the men and women in my family have been married and divorced very many times, with December being the last divorce. Done with all that long ago.

And somehow at my age, 50, i get to be the middleman, because I live near them all. Fun times here, done with it.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Alice,
    With your physique it is difficult, but I would approach friendliness with women by portraying a little more of your male self.
    I think you must have some women interested until you let your little secret out.

In your case a less honest approach may help in the first instance.

Cloak your identity until you are able to strike.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    Well I am single, but not by choicest, but by I am now Windowed.
    I wish I could find an accepting partner, but It will be like looking
    for that needle in a hay stack.
    Rader

Relaxing is important, but the crux of the matter is to be where there are a large number of unattached women. Bars are a possibility, but the only thing you really know about women there is that they drink. Singles events are better, churches, synagogues, mosques etc. are best.
    I am widowed 3 years after a 43 year relationship and am still unsure whether or not to pursue a new one; when I do, I seem to be unconsciously sabotaging them. At this point, it's unclear how to proceed. I guess I'll have to keep doing it over and over 'til I get it right.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Alice, Do not give up!!!!! My story married for 26 yrs wife new but did not like my dressing at all.. got divorced in 05 was single for 8 yrs because I want to dress as I want...(did not date anyone till 1/2013) 2nd woman I dated after 8 yrs is now my wife of 8 months, she has no problem with my dressing. In fact I'm setting here at this moment fully dressed in fem, panties, bra, red blouse, long black skirt, earrings, long nails on in pink, I already have long blonde/grey hair. We have fun talking about it in fact. I love my wife,,,,, Moral of this story is I thought/knew I would never find anyone but I did and you can/will too take care and good luck hang in there
    Michelle
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    I have given up too... and I am only working part time right now...these arent my reasons for giving up..but I can relate.I felt that way a few years ago .I havent given up as much these days as I have pretty much stopped looking if that makes any sense. I dont need another person in my life to be happy..I am happy with me just the way I am. And the fact that I enjoy dressing really is the nail on the coffin for me wanting to stay single. I will never have the majority of the issues disscussed on this forum. It is tough out there if you are looking for someone...it's even tougher when you FIND them. Call me iresposible..but I cant deal with gals anyway....it's like a cat fight. There is nothing wrong with being single if you love and are comfortable with yourself, and you will never be lonely if you surround yourself with good people. The grass always looks greener.The best is the gals who get divorced and realize how much happier they are...
    I guess I have nothing to add to this.. you pretty much read my mind.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I'de not entirely given up, but yes was also okay with spending my life alone,had accepted the possibilityh. I've had my fair share of relationships, fantastic girls. BUt I also didn't strike it lucky with girls in school, seven rejections in a row. Girls actually asked me this "are you gay?" and this when my math teacher would make me sit right with the girls
    (was always a back bencher, but always pulled up front). So after my last relationship, it had been my longest without a girl, I was having self esteem issues, I felt low at times but I said screw all that, I don't have to worry about someone accepting me. I was too focused on myself, my dressing up, my flaws, my likes. I've met a fabulous girl it's been 3 years now the love of my life.
    We all sadly do have our circumstance sometimes which is painful and bitter. I do ask of you not to be negative about it, focus on what you can put in the relationship, the one that you want. Look at how much you could love her and how you would love to laugh and share with her. When you know this what I have and I can get what I don't, you'll see that she's waiting for you around the corner. wish you the very best. This prayer has always comes handy when I'm in the crossdressroads.

God grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I CANNOT change
    COURAGE to CHANGE the things I CAN
    and wisdom to KNOW the difference

HUGS

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Been married twice and never again.Its nice at times but a PITA most of the time.
    I have a few GG friends and one very special BFF so I'm happy with that.

I agree with Sue. Don't give up but also don't dwell on your perceived negatives. Do the things that make you happy, hopefully things that will involve you in social settings. Volunteer for groups or causes that you believe in. Join groups that engage in activities that you like. Take low or no-cost classes in subjects that you're interested in. You can spend time focusing on what you aren't or don't have, or you can spend that same time focusing on building a life pursuing pleasure. The lack of money is a non-issue. There are plenty of free places to visit. Even a regular walk will expose you to regular walkers and the business people you pass. There are free art and history museums everywhere where you can befriend the staff. There are special interest groups of every imaginable kind that you can find on the internet (sound familiar?) that like to gather. Forget about finding a mate and instead find happiness for yourself doing the things that you like. Just don't give up.

I am not actively looking. If I attract someone and they fit MY criteria then I will be willing ti try, but that is highly unlikely. Men who want me want one thing and not any commitment. Women who show interest also want one thing...a husband and they want male appearance the majority of the time. I had two of the best women in the world in my life. I think I have had my quota.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Adriana,and Lorileah, said it pretty well. i don't believe the old saying, "There is someone for everyone." There may be someonefor everyone, but they may never meet!,And, these days, there3 are so many more issuesto deal with, to stress people out. The social stigma, of being, "that odd loner tall guy." "Maybe he's gay, or a perv,stuff." Sucks,but, i really don't handle strife and stress well anymore, and may not be emotionally well or mature enough for a serious relationship, with a GG, or an admirer guy. And, yes, the guys seem to only want one thing, so sad but true. The gals want the kind of guy they want, and will try to change you! Being alone,with cats, is not as bad as i feel sometimes. It is the being "the loner', with couples and families all around, that sucks.

For the most part, I've given up. I pretty much gave up after my last failed relationship 18 years ago. I did date a little about 3 years after breaking up with my last ex, but none of those went anywhere. I've had a bad track record of picking the wrong people. I'm not saying I'm some perfect catch or anything like that. In the last three relationships I've had, I've been lied to and deceived in some of the worst ways. I've lost confidence in my ability to choose the right person and to know that it is the right person when I meet them. My reading of how good a person really is has been way off for a long time. I just don't want to get another one wrong and go through all that drama again.

Aspiring Member
    59 here also, not really looking but if I find someone she will have to allow my cross-dressing. It might be fun to have someone to share it with.
    I was married for ten years and have been divorce for over twenty years had dated off and on but here lately it has been nine years since I have been with anybody steady. I have some woman friends but no friends with benefits.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    I've haven't even been on a single date in so long that it's not even worth thinking about. I've had people try and fix me up with women, but nothing seems to work out past the email stage. I just live the life I've been given, and if this is as good as my life gets, fine. My CDing wouldn't be a problem for me; the so-called "pink fog" disappears when I'm in a relationship (besides, I don't get many opportunities to dress, anyway).

Banned Read only
    Would any of you consider dating / marrying anyone but a genetic girl? Examples:
    1. There are men who appreciate CDs.
    2. There are other CDs who'd date another CD
    3. There are trans women who'll date a CD. I have a friend who's in a LTR with a CD. She plans to have SRS ASAP.

The category of "genetic women who'll accept this" is small. Still you can find them too, generally online, and you may well have to travel. Still, there are women who enjoy CDs, there just aren't a lot of them compared to the number of CDs.

Just asking - not trying to start any controversy.