Thread: Do you love who you are?

Smile Do you love who you are?

This is something that has been bothering me for the past week or so. I hear so often about how people would never be born trans or crossdress if they could help it.

However, I don't feel this way. For me, being a CDer is one of the most liberating and wonderful things I've ever experienced. I dress how I want, act like I want, be who I want...When I'm freed of the social and personal restrictions of being female I feel very powerful and at peace with myself in a way that I don't think I would ever feel if I just accepted my role as a 'woman'.

I truly believe that opening up to the 'male' side of myself is a thing to be celebrated, not hidden. I feel as though I love myself even more as a person now that I've accepted myself fully.

Yes, I've wanted to hide. Yes, I get scared of other people's reactions and what they think of me. Yes, I wonder if I'm 'normal' and if life would be different if I wasn't this way...

But all in all, I like me the way I am. No, I take it back, I LOVE me the way I am! =^_^=

So, here's the point. Do you love you? Does it make you happy to be who and what you are? If not, why not?

I hope that no one gets offended...

The way I see it Len, we are who we are for a reason. We can either be afraid of it or embrace it. I chose to embrace it. Carry on my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I love my life , in fact I am pleased as I have never been before I went (virtually) 24/7.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Gold Member
    I love your attitude Len. If we don't celebrate who we are, then what is left? We are all different and we all occupy the same space on this world as the next person. Know who you are inside and live it to the fullest. There should be no other way.

Gold Member
    I am quite happy with who I am. I do not care if I was not born a GG. I do not sit here and idealize the existence of being one gender or the other. They both have advantage and disadvantage. Being TG, we are in a position where we cannot fully experience the world as our chosen gender, yet at the same time we don't have to fight ALL the battles of our chosen gender.
    So, not as much advantage yet not as much crap. It balances out nicely. Plus, we get to have FUN with our gender. An FTM feels pretty awesome when dude'ed up and us MTF get to feel pretty and adored when en femme.

The problem comes when some TG sit around and hate their birth gender and they want other TG to feel that way. For them, there is a song I would like to dedicate - Suicidal Tendancies "You can't bring me down".

Once someone becomes confident to present their true self to the world, life isn't so bad. I LOVE being the best of both worlds, as have my male, female, and TG lovers Yes, one woman even called me that.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    Yes... always but with questions that will lead to potentially new wonders..

I guess the answer is YES!!!

Great question..

V
    Last edited by Raychel; 02-10-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Yes I do. I was born with a birth defect which is quite unusual, and it is quite a lot of work to correct it, but I am who I am and I like who I am. Do I wish I could have been born genetically as a female? Of course, because I wouldn't have this chore of correcting this. As it is I have made the best of it, and I have done pretty well in life.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Wonderful responses, everyone!

I've heard people say that quite a bit. I wonder why they don't embrace it and just enjoy it. I've embraced it and enjoy it XP and i'm happier than i ever was in my past lol but even so i find myself deep at war with myself. My mind fighting my body. If i could be born as a man i would love it! But sometimes i wonder if i was purposely born in a chicks body for a reason, being as i'm pretty sure i would be a complete asshole if i had not come to see things from a different point of view. Not sure if i would have become a terrible person, but i always wonder if that is the reason. To see things from a different view, and live a life in the opposite genders shoes to know how women feel, and what they have to go through.

For me, it not a question, I am Trans, this is who I am, If I would have been born different then I would be that person. For me i don't ask why, I am this way because, there is no answer. So I don't think what if, no second guessing. Make the best of who I am and live happy

Banned Read only
    i consider my self an Anti-Establishment kind of a guy, i hate society, people are stupid they just like to put labels on others. we are suppose to be human beings and we are being divided from each other on various basis(religion, clan, country, race & etc) and no one understands thats its all politics. no one benefits from it except the politicians who r the one who r ruling.

i wish i was like rest of the people who don't give a f about anything and just care about themselves and in fact they're the ones who are most happy but sadly i care and i think a lot about the repercussion of my actions. So to answer your question, i don't think i love who i am.

as far as crossdressing is concerned, i 'rarely' do it. its a very small part of my life unlike you.
    As far as male side female side are considered son i think men should protect there women. idk what trans means, these terms or labels that people put on other or themselves i just find it a gimmick that being said i do belive in god

i hope no one gets offended
    Last edited by rah; 02-13-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Shadow: That's a good point And I'm so glad that you've embraced that side of yourself

Annaliese: I agree wholeheartedly What a practical way to look at it ^_^

rah: I understand where you are coming from though I myself don't hate. I love the community I'm in and try to make it a better place, people may be stupid but I love them for their faults because they are human. Human beings are supposed to love each other, otherwise people DO get to rule who we are and what we do.

I'm glad to hear that you give a f*** but I'm sad to hear that you don't love yourself. Everyone deserves to love themselves and the world can be a cold, dark place if you don't. It took me a long time, but I've finally grown to accept who I am and what I've been through.

Crossdressing is as much a defense as a pleasure and though it doesn't take up the majority of my time, I'll agree that it's important to me. I agree that men should protect their women, but unfortunately the men in my life never protected me. I waited alone for so many years that I gave up on the idea of a 'Prince Charming' and decided to save myself. I'm not ashamed of that.

For me, the definition of trans* is freedom. Freedom to believe in people, to be who you want to be. Freedom to walk outside and not be scared. Freedom to be honorable and stand up for what's right without being knocked into the dirt. Being trans* is so much more than a 'gimmick' or a 'label'...It's the right to live your life the way you choose.

I'm glad to hear that you believe in God, I do too, and pray that He will guide you down the path of loving yourself and others. He is my Strength and my Refuge everyday that I'm trans* and I love Him with all of my heart and soul.

Banned Read only
    Nice words nearly brought a tear to my eyes thanks

You're welcome rah And if you would ever like to talk or just have someone listen, PM me. I'd be happy to hear from you and will keep you in my prayers whether you send me a message or not

Banned Read only
    That is so sweet of you Len, thank you once again.

Could I ever be anyone else? This is just who I am. At first I tried to fight it... Eventually the urge was to strong. When I finally surrendered, it was the best moment and most defining time of my life

Hi,

If we dont love ourselfs then how can we love others, being different comes into this as well, can we love ourselfs while being different,
    Each one of us has been given life, how we live that life will depend on love acceptance and living in a way that is who we are, reject our selfs bring in hate fear and suicide we dishonor our selfs and why we are here,

i was taught a few things that goes against some of what i'v said here, and i know allso what its like being different and abused and put down so yes its real. and it took many years to put aside most of what i went through,

I had to learn to LOVE myself gee that was hard, i'v done it, and acceptance another hard one ... very....

With my difference iv accepted who i am and the way i am, and have become very strong so i could get through the issues i'v had and still have,'

Once you love and accept your self you are well on the way to live, and have that life you should have,

I could real out all my defects and details that effect me so i can keep going back over what has happened and drag my self down to that point of as i said suicide, i would have missed so ...MUCH....had i done so.

Well im still here, and 66 years to prove it, heres a point while and after youv gone through detail and much more , will or are you a stronger person, you are more forgiving more loving and more wellcoming of others because you know what its like . this is why many will come to myself,

some of this refers to your time in the park with those kids, they accepted you for who you are, as children and many others do myself , they were not afraid or bothered and they liked you, friendships are born out of the most unlikely detail even if just for a moment or a bit longer dont put your self down i have children and adults and young adults come to me because they sence and know ill be there for them. . im not sure,

though for myself we all have gifts wether we use them when we are needed or dont thats up to each person. you know we miss so much because we get a bit too side tracked about our selfs i belive we all can be so blessed when we open our hearts to others, i know i am and yes it's so neat,

I know a comment was made for guys to play with children in a park or where ever, is if its not its a off limits you know what i mean.

please dont throw away your gifts,

some one may ask why i have a way with those i'v talked about, well look at my background and what iv writen,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 02-18-2014 at 06:15 AM.

I am working on it

Banned Read only
    It's hard to trust other ppl in today's world. I just had an argument with a friend of mine & I thought it was b/w me & him but whenever I need any of my friends help they use to ask him whether to help me or not (he told me when we reunited were having drinks and I couldn't stop but to burst into tears) I trusted these guys & knew them before he knew them this maybe cos he is rich & someone who's friendship be beneficial on the other hand me being an introvert really they didn't care. I've one friend who I trust & my family except them I don't trust anyone friendship is just an illusion and love to me is so unreal.

Silver Member
    So, here's the point. Do you love you? Does it make you happy to be who and what you are? If not, why not?
    No one else I would rather be

Banned Read only
    I'm finally happy to be who I am. It isn't always easy to be who I am, but that's fine - I don't deal well with boredom anyway! I love who I have become, and I love my life, and all of the people in it. I've never felt that way before.

Noeleena: I haven't known you for very long, but you seem quite wise

Jennifer: I'm glad to hear that If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to send me a PM, ok?

rah: That doesn't sound like a very nice friend! Trust is a very easy thing to break and hard thing to develop I have problems trusting people, even now but I hope that we'll both find people worthy of our trust in the future

arbon: Glad to hear it!

Paula: You deserve all the happiness in the world Paula I'm so glad that you have love in your life ^_^

Banned Read only
    Thanks Len. I want my life to be about love. All kinds of love. My wife thinks this is the stupidest, most meaningless thing she's ever heard. But it's how I feel.