Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being attractive in drab?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Being attractive in drab?

I love girl's clothes because I feel sexy and attractive and all the feeling that go along with that, but the more I think about it I never feel attractive in boy clothes. So my qustion is what kinds of boy clothes make you feel attractive? Or are there no boy clothes that make you feel attractive?
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Briana - maybe you've hit on something there about some of our mindsets here... (only maybe..)

Perhaps younger men dress to attract, but once you grow up a bit isn't it more about exuding style, conventionality, and success? And isn't that all a bit boring..?

Whereas attractive women - even in business - continue to dress to attract (at least the male eye) for decades to come.

I can feel smart in a sharp suit and all the trimmings - but I wouldn't say attractive. Maybe I'm just too old? (careful.... )
    I defer to our younger colleagues in this case...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Well, I'm from the other side of the fence as it were but here's my two cents anyway!

For me, wearing women's clothing does make me look attractive(I'm not blind ) but most of the time I feel very self-conscious and uncomfortable. I have to remember not to smear my makeup, to sit properly, to eat the right way, to not spill things...basically, things that aren't natural for me to do lol

When I wear mens clothing, I probably look a bit messy but feel SO much more comfortable and happy, which makes me feel more attractive I can 'relax'.

Perhaps it is similar with you? You feel more comfortable dressed as a woman and therefore, more attractive?

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    None for me. At least i don't have any that could...
    Last edited by Anna H; 02-10-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Boy clothes, just a necessary evil.

None!!
    Jeans and a t-shirt aren't attractive. Work uniforms are just a necessary requirement and a suit and tie make me feel like I'm being hanged.
    Give me a pretty dress or skirt and blouse any time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Hi Briana, interesting query... quite thought-provoking.

My answer to the question you've posed is on two very separate, and distinctly different, sets of feelings.

I feel attractive no matter how I'm attired, yet I really only feel sexy "en femme".

I wouldn't be surprised if many here had similar feelings concerning that distinction.

not really too much makes me feel attractive but i think in general i have pretty low self-esteem or self-image...

i def. go for the fun / weird t-shirt and jeans type style and rarely anything more plain or dressy...

def. super super rare that i get all dolled up in a suit or something dang formal!

that's so not me!

i think when i get a new haircut and i'm wearing my cool leather jacket i can look and feel a bit more confident and attractive... which can be a cool feeling! as a guy...

but mostly i just don't feel attractive as a dude!

which is kinda sad!

must work on that!

Yeah, but in a different way. I definitely wouldn't feel confident or attractive around women while dressed, because I wouldn't feel masculine enough. But that's based on how they might feel about it not me, so I don't know.

Makeup addict!
    The thing is (and I'm not bragging) I already look good in male mode according to the women in my life, so most clothes I wear in guy mode I feel and look good in

Platinum Member
    Hi Briana, There's nothing attractive about jeans and a flannel shirt but when I get dressed to go out with my wife
    I take a lot of pride in picking out a nice shirt & tie with a great jacket to dress to the man's nines.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i can't stand the very idea of TIES

just so pointless!

vanity!

my fave sin!

Like Len said, I can be a slob with the best of 'em, even en femme. I think I can make a suit and tie look good though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Now that I'm retired I wear jeans and a shirt 99% of the time, I feel comfortable but certainly not sexy or attractive. When I was working sometimes I would wear a dress shirt, a nice tie, dress slacks and a sports jacket. I wasn't required to be dressed up but I felt better when I did do it and occasionally got compliments. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Can't say I've ever 'felt attractive' as a guy. Solo life, night shifts for most.. And no social life so I guess I just never tried.
    It's been so long since I wore a tie I'd have to re-look it up how to tie one even. I doubt my 10 year old suit fits either.

Heh Kate, kind of makes me think of the rarer times seeing a long haired rocker put on a suit for awards or somesuch. Kind of like a Rod Stewart-ish feel. Does look good tho.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    When it comes to female clothing, I don't mind being a slave to fashion...to a degree. For a lot of years as a guy, I've neglected my wardrobe, my overall style, my look. I was in a loveless marriage, couldn't even dream of having a creative outlet as Caden, so I guess i just gave up all hope. That and being overweight had a lot to do with it too. Clothiers must think fat people must not want to look nice.

Anyhow, I didn't even try to revamp my male style before I started dating. I guess I figured there was no hope at my weight at the time. I met my GF, despite not putting forth the best of style. She makes up for that, she's a stylish woman. Since she came into my life, style has made a slow resurgence, because she liked me to look good. That made me want to look good. As my weight loss surgery heaved into view, i could see hope of looking better. Earlier in the relationship, as my Love For Her grew, I felt myself wanting to look good for her. For me, it wasn't about catching her, I had her, and we were both smitten. Still am. It was about making her proud, keeping her happy, keepinngng her in my life, and letting her see I wanted to be a valued part of the relationship.

I want and desire to look good for her as a guy. Me loosing weight makes that easier and easier. When I went back to work this week, they reported that I'd lost 86 pounds during my two months off. Meaning I only have 110 left to go to hit my old ideal weight. Would certainly like to get under that so I cd get into some cuter stuff.

While i may not enjoy male clothing, I feel as though I have an obligation to my GF to look my absolute best for her when I present as male. I feel like if she were with me when I'm enfemme, then I should put my best heels forward then too, even though I won't be perceived as hers, because I have a sincere belief that I shouldn't embarrass her ever. But I need her to know that she always gets the best of me.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

In my opinion there is a greater range of expression in feminine clothes than in masculine clothes, particularly those for men of 'a certain age'. When all dressed up in male clothes, with a fresh haircut, nice suit and tie, and shiny shoes, I look like ... well ... every other guy there. The women, on the other hand may dress according to their attitude and taste.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i dont even TRY in boy mode....thats my break from the high maintenance Adriana requires ..boy mode is sweatpants or anything baggy and comfortable.

Briana I haven't felt attractive in drab since the 70's when silk shirts with a leather vest, bellbottom hiphuggers and platform shoes were common on guys lol. Who knew lol.
    With your face I can't imagine you being un-attractive no matter how dressed lady.
    But yes I know that feeling quite well. I don't try as a guy because like so many others have said, I spend so much time working on my appearence en-femme that my boy clothes are for just relaxing lol.
    Barbie

Banned Read only
    If I am in a killer suit, shoes, tie and cuff links.
    I feel awesome and powerful

If I am dressed and decked to the nines, I feel beautiful and perfect and me and potentially equally powerful but to date, potential is not real

En drab. Raccoon cap of course and musketoons a slapjack and peppered squirrel. I am set

Vanny

Banned Read only
    I agree with MsVal, look at all the senators, bankers, politicians, newesies, etc.; they all wear dark suites, white shirt and blue or red tie. On the other hand womens clothes "fit" the body, they are colorful, soft, accented with jewelery. To me it's a lopsided equation, womens clothes win hands down.

There are tons of gorgeous men's clothes. I have a collection of beautiful Hawaian shirts that I wear with long and colorful over the knee socks and black shorts or culottes. And a hat. If you think there aren't any interesting and attractive men's clothes you're not following couture or even street fashion like Intersections or any of Bill Cunningham's videos of the fabulous way men are dressing in New York (check out fashion week going on right now in the New York Times). Of course many of them are wearing clothes that might be considered cross dressing in Omaha but there's nothing wrong with that. Don't judge men's clothes on the basis of the wretched fashion sense that most men present. Most men, as far as I can see, are terminally depressed and their clothes show it. Beaten down, fat, unhappy and ugly. It doesn't have to be that way and I know plenty of guys with a keen idea of what clothes make them look attractive.

This is actually something I've spent a lot of time thinking about lately. I have no idea how to be "sexy" in boy mode.
    In a suit and tie I look like a hitman, in a button up shirt and khakis I look like your annoying neighbor, in a sweater I look like I should be slouched on the couch with the paper to pump sales of USAToday, and in a tank top I look like I'm waiting around to steal your hubcaps.
    I have this one nerdy t-shirt with The Flash logo on it that gets me a lot of attention for some reason, but I don't necessarily feel "sexy" in it.

I too have a lot of Hawaiian shirts, but they are the closest substitute for a colorful blouse that I can get away with.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Briana, I like to look good as a guy and to me that means a coat and tie with shinny shoes and slack, or a nice dark suit. Or on rare occasions, formal wear. I guess I'd say that white tie and tails is just about as good as it gets for boy wear. However last Saturday when I went shopping it was for a gray pencil skirt and a red sweater, I hope to look attractive in those also.

Hugs Bria