Thread: Am I the only one who

Banned Read only

Wink Am I the only one who

Have you always been the same woman or have you changed names and personalities over time?

Me. I threw out the old me and just started a new me. Yep funny what a few thousand dollars and rabbit jerky can get you in my neighborhood. And yes I am proud of my raccoon cap and tattoos. It makes drinking shots of vodka with a mouthful of jelly beans that much easier in bright sunlight.

I do have to loosen up my corset though, I wouldn't want any of the sisters to take a rivet in the eye if the elastic would finally give out! Just saying wear eye protection.

And bring skittles. We are trying those next! Jelly beans are just getting so blasé

Vanny
    Last edited by Vanessa Rose; 02-11-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Hey Vanny,

The names been changed multiple times but the girl stays the same. Conservative, seeking grace and elegance. Drinks too much.

Christen x

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I haven't changed personalities because I've been the same person...not
    trying to create a character.

That said, I've been through some style changes! I'll try anything
    I see that I think is fun and interesting. And this has always been about
    fun and happiness to me. I Like it!

I had nobody to judge me so I went with what I liked. Surprisingly to me,
    I've seen groups/cliques/forums where there was a supposedly "right way"
    to do all this. I never did understand anyone going along with that concept,
    but they do.

So, I may have changed as a person, but that was inevitable, CD or not.
    Just plain mistakes and surprises life throws at us will cause that. But
    I've always liked my CD side and experimented with tons of details.

I'm not an imaginary character, so I wouldn't change myself even if I
    could. I can say I never had a 'name' that I used until I started
    participating with groups/forums only a few months ago....but
    I've been 'Kate' in my mind for many years.

If I get half a chance...I'll change my guy name to Kate. I'm old
    enough that I wouldn't care what anyone thought about it.
    Hell, after I'm gone, nobody will think about me again within 2 months,
    so who cares! LOL!

Anyway...The ideal for me has been trying to find the middle ground
    of what it means, why it's here, and how to balance it so that the
    happiness it brings is as always present as it can be. I add a little
    and drop a little, but I'm always myself.

If that makes any sense....

I have not changed names - but I think my personality has changed as I have grown as a person

I've not changed names or personalities, I'm me, always have been, always will be. My fem side has over the years slooowwly become more prominent, but I'm still just me!
    x Amari

Hi Vanny!

I have been Anaissa since the first time I draped myself in my mother's fur cape. The name came a few years later, but my inner essence has been the same since the beginning. My sense of style has emerged and morphed over time, but my personality has endured. Thanks for starting this thread.

Since the beginning of this year, I have been slowly making changes to my appearance and discovering the real me and I still have a long road ahead. At this point thus far I feel that I'm the same person, but I'm sure that over time my personality is going to change. What is interesting though is that after talking to my sister on the phone today, she did make a comment how I seem different then in the past and she doesn't know if it is because I'm transitioning or what.

As far as my name goes, I have played around with a few different names in the last couple years before sticking with Billie. Which is a variation of my current name and the name I picked for this forum when I joined 4 months ago. A few of my friends and family do like Billie over the other names I had picked, but I am possibly looking at going with one of the girl names Lola or Amber Marisa; I could had if I were born a girl.

Interesting question, Vanny - but very pointed at the femme side of our personalities rather than the whole. As Kate expressed, this is part of who I am - it is just something that has emerged as two apparent gender facets of the same individual. I don't think you can 'throw out' any part of our personalities in the same way you can clothes - but you can make a conscious choice to develop a particular style, or a particular aspect of character.

What about you, Vanny?

I guess we do all have these two aspects to our personalities, but you seem very attached to the need to reflect your masculine, fur-cap wearing, vodka shot drinking side? Do you have some uncertainty about who Vanessa Rose really is? Is she really able to make headway against the tattooed backwoodsman? Have you changed your name and femme personality over time...?

Will Davy Crockett take a backseat and let Calamity Jane come out...? And will we get photos.... (sans raccoon cap, please...)

Waiting with anticipation...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I have learned to grow, adapt and change over the years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've changed a few names but i hadn't kept them was just sifting through a few names. As Sonia I have grown, I see many facets to me wanting to be more feminine and dress up. I don't think there's anything wrong with me now. I'm still a girly girl.

As I evolve over time my name usually changes to reflect that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gone to live my life
    Can't say I have changed personality at all as my core personality "en boy" is the same as when I am "en femme". The only true difference is gestures, walk, voice and presentation. Other than that I am still me. Name has always been Isha but then again I have only been at this since August 2013.

Hugs

Isha

Vanessa,

I have not changed my name, perhaps just feminized it. Personality wise, not really sure if I have changed over the years, perhaps more compassionate and open with my emotions. My life changed dramatically when I got divorced from my first wife. People I worked with at the time, told me what ever I did, not to stop because I seem more likeable now than I did while I was married. I would say I have been the same woman, perhaps more aware of who she is. I only assume I have become more mature. Skittles are a sin girl. It is hard to just eat one, and once you start, depression sets in when there are no more left.

I've always been Claire and wouldn't change my name for anything, since it's in honor of my Mom. We all grow and develop -- but I think we CD'ers are a little different () in that we are doing a lot of change in a short period of time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I believe that we are in part the sum of our life experiences. As such our personalities change over time. As we gain experiences, we change, sometimes ever so slightly. The loss of a loved one, a home totally consumed by fire, a difficult recovery from a deadly disease, a couple tours of duty in a combat zone ... these may bring about bigger and faster changes.

The point being, of course I have changed.

Some of the changes have been held back, suppressed because they are soft and kind of effeminate. They don't fit with being a "guy". Recently, however I have been exposing them a little at a time, so as not to shock people. The day may come when I make a full disclosure and I hope people will say "Yeah, I already knew."

The name? Sorry, that will have to wait for another time.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Chameleon. I started going out many, many, years ago as a quite flambouyant drag queen wannabe named Celeste. At the time, the only safe places were the gay neighborhoods, so being a little (understatement) over the top was OK. As society loosened it's tolerance of gender presentation, I began just trying to look like the girl next door. I abandoned my old haunts, in favor of the mainstream. Knowing full well, but denying, that I was TS, it took till two years ago to finally just give up my male persona entirely, and I became Paula. In transition, and loving it, I'm now capable of just being my one true self.

Since I don't drink, I tried diet pepsi shots with a mouth full of jelly beans. It had the same effect as mentos, and impressed the hell out of the people at the bar. Very Exorcist looking.

I changed my name a few times. As I got closer to transition I gave a lot of thought to what my name will be for the rest of my life. Not many get to pick out their own name.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I've always been the same girl into lace and bows and frilly ruffles, and yes my favorite colour is baby pink, but my name has changed a few times over the years. The name I proudly wear now was given to me by my lovely wife because she says I remind her of a barbie doll lol.
    Last edited by Barbie Anne; 02-11-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo
    Barbie

I have always been Patty(the name my mom chose if I had been a girl),and as anyone I gave gone from girl to mature woman.

What did I just read?

Am I the only one who despises "am I the only one" threads? Who needs social validation anyway?

The names have changed (to protect the innocent...lol) but the girl has remained the same...just gotten better with age.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !