Thread: Just a funny/sweet halloween story.

Smile Just a funny/sweet halloween story.

Years ago, my ex and I used to pick up my mom for a weekly trip to the moose lodge for bingo. Once during halloween they did a special bingo session with prizes for costumes......it was on!
    We picked up my mom early as we were going to spend the day with her shopping and dining out, then head to the bingo hall.

Got back to our house and told mom to relax and vist with my SO because I was going to get my "costume" on.
    When Barbie finally came out of the bedroom in her full glory, my mom didn't miss a beat and said she wondered what was taking so long lol. (at the time I didn't know that she'd already figured it out but let me have my illusion of being closeted...love mom)

She has me do a twirl and after blushing I do so. Then after complimenting my style she actually started treating me as her daughter for the night. She'd always wanted but never was blessed with a daughter. So she let me have my night and I let her have hers

Several sweet and funny moments happened that day and into the night, but one of the funniest was this dear old man at the bingo hall, hitting on me most of the night.
    Finally had to be quite firm with him and state I was there with my wife and she wouldn't appreciate it lol, then this fellow admits he thought I was a woman and apologizes but proceeds to go on being gallant and flirtatious lol. he had to be around 70 or so and I was 25ish at the time. Even went so far as to stand guard outside the restroom so I could go lol.

Later that night when we dropped mom off I should have guessed she'd figured it out when she told me she looked forward to seeing her "daughter" next halloween.

When I finally came out to her and she told me she already knew (years later btw),
    she reminded me of that halloween.

Anybody else have these precious stories or funny heartwarming ones please share....Hugs
    Barbie

Very nice, great mom story. Parents know a lot more and don't let on than their children think they do!

One thing that stands out in my mind, my grandmother gave me a mother to daughter talk on the facts of life.
    I never became pregnant.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Omg lol that's so sweet and funny at the same time. I cherish moments like that and they make life worth living
    Barbie

Mom's..... not as dumb as we thought. Mom's always seem to know everything.

I can identify with your mom. As a parent I have often said nothing about my childrens' situations. I like to sit back and watch them learn how to take care of things on their own. When they finally say something about it, I let them know that I knew about it all along and I'm proud of how they handled it.

Parents: We're not all as dumb as the TV sitcoms would have you believe.

Best wishes
    MsVal

I love story like this, it give hope to all.

Yup mom's do know everything, I've told my mom that I do like to dress up, hasn't ever seen me, has caught me a few times. I don't have such a nice story but I do remember once, she called me sometime back and she told me she found a pair of my stockings and it looks new and she's going to wear it. She said if very casually, as if it had to be my stockings and that its perfectly normal for me to have them and I think she told my gf also.

yep! mom's always know. Course in my situation, i wasnt sure until i confessed last year. (and thank god i did, cuz later the same year, we lost her. I feel soo blessed that i could come out to her). BUt anyways, growing up, i should have known mom knew... maybe it was denial!

However, once, while wearing a blue cloth skirt and top (bra-panties) in my room, mom opened my door to give me some clean laundry. I freaked, and she apologized and closed the door again. Nothing was ever said. Course that wasnt the only time either..... but yes, mom's always know

melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa73 View Post
    yep! mom's always know. Course in my situation, i wasnt sure until i confessed last year. (and thank god i did, cuz later the same year, we lost her. I feel soo blessed that i could come out to her). BUt anyways, growing up, i should have known mom knew... maybe it was denial!

However, once, while wearing a blue cloth skirt and top (bra-panties) in my room, mom opened my door to give me some clean laundry. I freaked, and she apologized and closed the door again. Nothing was ever said. Course that wasnt the only time either..... but yes, mom's always know

melissa
    So sorry for your loss Melissa, I also came out to my father once a long time ago and he passed not long afterwards. Lifelong military special forces tough manly man........He didn't disown me and he thanked me for the trust then went on to say I should never mention it again lol. sadly also like you we lost him not long afterwards but it was freeing to stop living a lie with the largest male influence in my life.

Mom's still with us and still DADT pretty much but I know at times she remembers Barbie because we'll be talking on the phone and she'll ask about my latest sewing project or somesuch lol.

Hugs
    Barbie

When I had the greatest desire to come out to my folks twenty years ago I decided they didn't need to know. In retrospect I'm so glad I kept it to myself, because my Mom had lifelong depression and would probably have seen my dressing as some kind of failure in her mothering. By then too my Dad was in a long decline with dementia, and it would have been very disorienting for him. I would always recommend asking oneself "who would benefit from this knowledge?" I shared countless joys with Mom and Dad and this silence was the right decision for the three of us.

While I never told my Mom, she knew. Oh how she knew. I've shared on here numorius times but sometime after we went through the "hide it, she finds it, I hide it", etc etc, when she did laundry she'd put my clothes away. "Boy underwear" on the bottom of the drawer and always put my panties on top of them. But we never discussed it...

What a wonderful mom you have. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Nice story Barbie Anne. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Halloween at 15 for me. Unexpected but not surprised.

Great story and amusing My mom found my stash when I was about 12. She never ever said a word about it, but the clothes were gone ! Maybe it is true Mom's have eyes in the back of their heads. LOL
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Great story. As others have said Mother's always know things that their kids think they don't know.

Great story. Your mom sounds awesome Barbie.
    Angie

I didn't put it together until a couple of years after my mom passed away but I am 100% sure she knew. Looking back she even enabled, there were always dresses in my closet that fit me and I never saw her wear any of them. At the time I just told myself she was using my extra closet space. She kept a black satin chemise in her drawer with a pair of satin panties that didn't match anything else she had and weren't her size. Both items fit me and looking back I am sure she kept them in there for me. I didn't catch on until my wife mentioned that she had hinted at it to my wife when we were visiting. Then it all made sense, I only regret that we never got to talk about it. I am positive she wanted a daughter when she got me, she even had my name picked out.

Well, when I came out to my Mom, she said she didn't realize that I was a CD. She has been supportive ever since...