Thread: Old feelings coming back again

Old feelings coming back again

Good Evening Everyone,

While I have always been interested in CDing the desire to to so has been more so in the back of my mind for the most part until the beginning of this year. For some reason things I have been interested in the past that were not as important to me are now on the top of my mind and crossdressing is one of them.

Having a renewed interest and desire has me having feelings of frustration that I have had in the past about CDing including have no skills and talents like so many of you seem to have here. My being 120 lbs overweight and struggling to lose any weight is very frustrating. In as much as I was excited to have a renewed desire to dress it really has me upset and frustrated which makes the whole idea make me really unhappy.

Andy

Most of us have started where you are at, in the last 3 month I have gained 30 pounds I have not taken any picture since then, of me dress. All we can do is keep trying to do are best and be happy with that.

I know how you feel Andy. I have had my weight get in the way many times. I was only 70lbs overweight. I had decided to take control of my situation, it is not easy as I am fighting fatigue do to change in diet. I basically let myself go to the dogs after my wife passed on. Lost all interests in my inner self and buried myself into music aside from my day job. I still have the incentives hanging in my closet, I used to fit into them, some of them I can again. I have lost about 30 lbs so far. I just need to keep going. My Dr. told me I would not be able to loose weight unless I get back on my thyroid meds. 3 years later, no meds to aid in my metabolism and I am able to lose weight. I am very active to start with, it was my diet that was the issue. I use to make a meal out of a bag of candy. That was not good for me. Junk food is my weakness, but dressing up is too, This time the skirt wins. Do some research, pomegranate supplements along with change in diet has helped me without the need for thyroid med. I should have told the Dr I wanted to have breast, maybe he would have written a script for that too. Sometimes there may be an underlying cause for weight gain. Mine was eating habits. I am craving Nutter Butter Wafer cookies something fierce right about now. I am good, I can hold back, I would have to go out to get them if I really wanted to, besides I am all dolled up, and really do not feel like changing at the moment.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Andy I felt the same way when my urge to dress came back after my purge...i looked at myself and said " I have so much work to do'...The skills will come with practice, and the weight will come off if you put in the effort and have a strong will. Baby steps....it is important to enjoy the journey too!

Hi Andy.
    I hear the frustration in your words. It must be very discouraging. Please be strong, you CAN win this one.

Talent is like having blue eyes, you either have it or you do not. Don't let it worry you. Talent is often highly over rated. A good dose of skill can make up for a lack of talent, and the best part of it is that skill can be learned. There are oodles of places on the web where you can learn the skills that you need. Try Youtube. There's a Youtube video for just about everything you can imagine. Consider asking the folks here too. They have been very helpful to me and to others.

Too much weight? Yep, I can identify with that one. I use to be right in the middle of the 'obese' category but have lost 25% of my body weight in the past six months or so. I did it the old fashioned way. I ate purposefully. I ate only what was right, only when it was time to eat, and only enough to satisfy my hunger (not appetite). I am no longer obese, and on track to no longer be overweight by the middle of spring. My motivation is to be able to have the appearance of a fit, healthy woman when I dress. I buy nice clothing at the resale shop in a size that is a little too small, work my way into them, and then go back for the next smaller size. It works for me. It may work for you too.

All in all, you've got to have motivation in order to make a change. The greater the change, the greater motivation you must have. The question to ask yourself is "How badly do I want it?" In my case: badly enough.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Andy,
    You can still dress at home to your own limitations and the frustration will not seem as bad.
    You do not necessarily need to go out and meet others.
    You definitely are not alone with this situation.
    There is a large following of people like yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Andy,

I am an expert on weighing too much.. also the coming and going of these feelings. Many here oft discuss these or similar thoughts. Regarding weight... you need to take some action to loose weight. I have, and it is SLOWLY working but let me tell you, it is not easy or simple for me.

So I have joined a health club and started to loose weight and am still so fat, that I know, i must continue on.

Perhaps, think as I do. For every 5 lbs i reward my self with something; clothes, ring, earings, yacht (joking), racoon cap (joking again.. i already have one), or some sort of reward to incentivize you. I have to keep my humor about me on this and hope you understand, but sit down and draw up a plan.

Begin with your end in mind: What is it that you want to accomplish?
    Draw it out and what your rewards and timeline is...please be realistic.

It is not so bad really....but turn your frustration into motivation, into relaxation and then into the new you....

Let us know what your plans are to get you going and keep you going.

You are definitely not alone, and you can do it... and although I will help you in any way possible, I have just one exception.. No one and I mean no one gets to borrow the racoon cap. Some things just are not meant to be lent (wink).

Vanny

So you want to get back into dressing, but your over weight? So are half the women in America! Don't make excuses figure out your size and order an outfit. Then get to loosing that weight you want to lose. There is nothing more feminine than realizing you have just dropped a dress size.
    This winter being what it's been, I won't recommend walking, but I've found that alone helps me get it coming off.
    Oh, and welcome back to the wonderful world of cross dressing!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.