Thread: gratitude

tastes like chicken Lilly Black's Avatar

gratitude

hi everybody,

this post exactly doubles my previous "started threads"--err "thread." sorry about the non-particpation. there are so many good participators out here that when i finally think of something to say somebody has usually said it. also i'm a bit of a wall flower. and a luddite. i can't even figure out how to get my profile pic from being sideways.

i wanted-- scratch that--needed to thank everyone involved in this forum who speak up, who record their experience, who share their stories. it has come in handy for me particularly in the past few months. i find comfort in the collective. there is comfort when you read this forum and there are moments of realization like "holy shit, that's just like me!"

so...

this past month i have been going through a breakup(?) with my wife of 23 years. a "separation." we are in a close knit family and as such there was no way to hide the real reason we were/are having difficulty. consequently i have had to come out to my best friends, my sisters(one of them knew, as she is also trans), and my mom and dad (who apparently tinkered with cross dressing himself. he shared this with me after i revealed my gender variancy.) everyone was very loving and accepting(including a couple of friends that i in jerry springer fashion showed up as lilly. the only heartbreak from everyone and really disbelief was that we were separating because we are such a good couple.

there is no animosity between me and my wife. we love each other. i may just be missing something she needs. the tragedy is that she was the one that pushed me into therapy. where i began to get over my shame issues. where i began accepting and loving myself to the point of embracing my femaleness in a synergistic boy/girl gooey paradigm. as this was happening my wife felt like i was slipping away. or maybe past tense is more appropriate. we cry all the time. we vow that we will always be together the question of "how" or "as what" unanswered, dangling precipitously.

i'm living in a corporate temporary housing thingie at the moment. though it's terribly depressing, there are moments of exhilaration in that i am living here as a trans person. out-ish in the open. when i write in my journal, every entry either begins or ends with-- "i don't know what's going to happen…" it's scary.

but always i eventually return to this site not only because of the value as a human collective resource but because of the stories. sometimes goofy, sometimes practical, sometimes heartbreaking.

so i guess nobody ever really knows what's going to happen but in the meantime i just wanted to say thanks peeps.

xoxo
    Lilly

Holy crap I don't know what to say. I guess its good that you got to come out and found you had a lot of accepting friends and family but then its really bad that you and wife are breaking up.
    My thoughts go out to you.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lilly, It's always so sad to hear of something like this 23yrs. down the drain I guess I'm one of the lucky ones we had our 50th on Feb 01.
    I would be happy to chat with you anytime , just PM me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Oh you poor thing you. You must be a mess right now, I know I would.
    That is at one time, one of the saddest AND happiest stories at the same time, that I've ever heard. Big Hugs and if you ever need a virtual shoulder to cry on you just holler at Barbie. A good rant is cathartic. trust me *wink*
    Barbie

Banned Read only
    Lilly,

So sorry you are having this terrible time. Your situation is very similar and although, you may not be here all the time, there are many who will be thinking of you.

So sorry for your issues but somethings just can't be prevented. There are tough times ahead, but you will make it through, and you will be ok. Many of us have made it through, and I never, Ever thought I would make it, alive.

God Speed and don't be a stranger...keep dropping lines here to let the group know how you are.

Vanny

Lilly,
    I can only say, in separation remain friends with each other.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lilly
    I understand your pain. My wife and I are trying to figure this out also. It is hard not knowing what the future will bring. We also love each other very much. I hope you both can find peace
    Suzanne

Oh, Lilly. That sounds so very sad. I can't begin to imagine the feelings you must have, and have no similar experience from which to advise.

I wish you well, and hope that through this separation, you and your wife find a way to meet your legitimate needs and hers, and the marriage is saved.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Lilly, it's good that you are finding yourself, sad it has cost you a relationship, but for so many that is part of the journey. Like a Rose, the finding yourself is beautiful, but it comes with thorns. I hope the rough days ahead, give way to an inter peace, and you find what you want and need in life, good luck!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Lilly, I am sad for your separation, it is good that you found such support in your family. I hope you can still be great friend you your wife she sound like a great person. Hugs

Hi Lilly,

I know a bit of what you are going through because it looks like I may have to separate from my wife and family too. The thought of my being transgender is too much for her to handle so she has asked me to think about moving out. So I am now in the process of looking for a place myself, so for me it looks like another 17 years gone. We’ve also got a 15 yo son. I’m so happy for you that your family is supportive, I haven’t really come out to that many people yet.
    Wishing you all the best.
    I’m also in the Chicago area to so if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me.

Hugs,
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

thanks everybody. especially the reach outs to talk. it's reassuring to know there's help out there if i need it.(although talking is what got me into trouble in the first place! just kidding…)

the metaphor of the shit hitting the fan never meant so much to me before that's for sure. there is shit all over the place!

I know a bit of what you are going through because it looks like I may have to separate from my wife and family too. The thought of my being transgender is too much for her to handle so she has asked me to think about moving out. So I am now in the process of looking for a place myself, so for me it looks like another 17 years gone. We’ve also got a 15 yo son. I’m so happy for you that your family is supportive, I haven’t really come out to that many people yet.
    Wishing you all the best.
    I’m also in the Chicago area to so if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me.
    wow traci. kids are another level of complication i don't have. nieces and nephews, no kids of my own. sending you love back atcha. be well, hon.

Lilly, I am sad for your separation, it is good that you found such support in your family. I hope you can still be great friend you your wife she sound like a great person. Hugs
    thanks annaliese, she is. i guess it depends on what kind of person i am.

Like a Rose, the finding yourself is beautiful, but it comes with thorns.
    tina, i hope you don't mean literally!

I wish you well, and hope that through this separation, you and your wife find a way to meet your legitimate needs and hers, and the marriage is saved.
    thanks ms. val! me too!

I understand your pain. My wife and I are trying to figure this out also. It is hard not knowing what the future will bring. We also love each other very much. I hope you both can find peace
    you can't do much more than having love in your heart. peace to you too, girl!

I can only say, in separation remain friends with each other.
    thanks bev!

So sorry you are having this terrible time. Your situation is very similar and although, you may not be here all the time, there are many who will be thinking of you.

So sorry for your issues but somethings just can't be prevented. There are tough times ahead, but you will make it through, and you will be ok. Many of us have made it through, and I never, Ever thought I would make it, alive.

God Speed and don't be a stranger...keep dropping lines here to let the group know how you are.
    thanks toots! you and this forum definitely give me hope

Oh you poor thing you. You must be a mess right now, I know I would.
    That is at one time, one of the saddest AND happiest stories at the same time, that I've ever heard. Big Hugs and if you ever need a virtual shoulder to cry on you just holler at Barbie. A good rant is cathartic. trust me *wink*
    i'm more of a puddle than a mess, barbie. if i can achieve solid form i perhaps will ask for a shoulder to cry on!

Hi Lilly, It's always so sad to hear of something like this 23yrs. down the drain I guess I'm one of the lucky ones we had our 50th on Feb 01.
    I would be happy to chat with you anytime , just PM me.
    xoxo blue!

Holy crap I don't know what to say. I guess its good that you got to come out and found you had a lot of accepting friends and family but then its really bad that you and wife are breaking up.
    My thoughts go out to you.
    you had me at holy crap, patty!

"luddite"? What is that? Tried to look it up, failed. And "comfort in the collective"? Shades of Borg I must say. Sorry, just my initial (collective) impression. Are you Russian, perchance? If so, kudos on the Olympic games. Job well done!

well it's the first wiki-ma-jig in the googler email machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

as for the other stuff, assimilation is inevitable.