Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: purging male undewear

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Celebrating getting rid of men's underwear could be as simple as celebrating freedom. If someone had feared "getting caught"... then finally getting to a point in one's life where one could wear what one liked would be a cause for celebration.
    Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. And helps explain why he thought I would also want to celebrate the occasion.

I got rid of the last of my male underwear awhile ago. I had an unopened pack of men's underwear that I had been hanging onto for quite a few years. I think I had been saving them as some kind of security blanket, just in case I needed them. When I got rid of them it was like taking the training wheels off. So celebrating that day isn't strange, it's a celebration of accepting ones self and not worrying what others might think if they notice.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Is it at all sexual in a thrilling sort of way
    I think it's more about setting the male role aside (in select ways of his choosing) than about a sexual thrill, for him.

There are many gradations on the spectrum. I'm not sure what underwear has to to with "living as a woman full time". Its just underwear, after all. In terms of being excited about it, I think Sandra-leigh hit the nail on the head. It's like finally having one's own apartment, not having to worry about hiding things. If I were to get a roommate now, I would advertise as someone LGBT.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    In order for me to purge male underwear, I'd have to own some. I wear pantyhose unless I'm shaving my legs. :-)
    xxoo
    Jennifer

If I ever get to retire so go's my horrid Male underwwear. Out the door. Down the road.
    Angie

I think for Jess and other GG's, we should at least attempt to look at this from their perspective. Underwear is a private statement that any of us, male, female or somewhere in between make for ourselves. with exception to certain sexual situations, it is only for us. So we, the CDers say hey, its just underwear. But for a GG S/O eh, it means to them that we feel more comfortable with wearing feminine clothes than masculine clothes. And for many, this is true. But, to say that its not a big deal, well, it is to them. It is a means of CDing 24/7. Maybe not living full time, but it is CDing in some fashion full time.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

It's a long way from panties 24/7 to full time dressing, and I doubt if purging male underwear is a significant step in that direction. However for myself it is a step along that road. But my impression is that I am in the minority in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    For a GG S/O eh, it means to them that we feel more comfortable with wearing feminine clothes than masculine clothes.
    Exactly. It suggests that if you didn't worry about negative consequences, you'd feel more comfortable wearing all women's clothes, all the time. That's a big shift for an SO who is just learning about all of this..
    Last edited by MatildaJ.; 02-12-2014 at 08:50 PM.

I have worn panties full time for about 8 years. I can't say that I know what year or day I finally gave up wearing men's underwear. The only time I have worn them was about 6 years ago when I did a cross country with my 80yo father. A little more explaining than I wanted to do.

I love my men's compression underwear. But I honestly don't see any difference between it and my wife's women's compression underwear. Neither have flies and both seem to be made from the same material and are the same length. I certainly cannot stand any of the regular men's underwear I used to wear and all that has gone. I have absolutely no interest in transitioning. I am happily transgender without having to be male or female in either my clothes or my gender identity. I am very clearly, at least to me, both and neither. I just found regular men's underwear incredibly uncomfortable and ugly. But I think celebrating an anniversary of purging your men's underwear is a bit more formal than I, at least, would find interesting. But whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JessM. View Post
    It suggests that if you didn't worry about negative consequences, you'd feel more comfortable wearing all women's clothes, all the time.
    BTW, you are pretty awesome for taking the time to learn about all of this.

While I only wear women's underwear, it is because for me at least they are far more comfortable. I prefer tiny underwear and men's always seemed to bunch up. I don't worry about negative consequences and I am still not interested in wearing women's clothes all of the time. Personally I think you should more concerned that your SO getting rid of his male underwear seems to be some sort of milestone. So, maybe it is not the act but what it may mean to him.

I know lots of men who wear women's underwear all the time and are not cross dressers. Generalizations generally don't work.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Zylia hit the nail on the head on this one

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Because for some of us "It's just clothing!" Yes, it may be classified as "girl" clothing but if we like it then why can't we where it? It's more colorful, it may fit the way we want it to, it may give us a little happiness. I pretty much dumped all my "male" underwear too and replaced some of it with "girl" undies that look "male" for when I do certain activities with my male friends that might require me to change in their presence. (That doesn't sound good but it's NOT what you think, PROMISE!) I have NO DESIRE to live full time as a woman and/or transition. Can't say I didn't give it some thought but I LIKE doing certain guy things and that comraderie. (sp?) And I both love and respect my wife and want to be her "man". But I also like a little bit of girlie however I can get it!

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    AND.........I like the continual hug that they give me!

I got rid of my male underwear probably 25 yrs ago. I just found women's undies to be a lot more comfortable. At this point in my life I have no thoughts of transitioning. When I had thoughts of transitioning, I was in my teens. This was a long time before I got rid of my men's underwear. The thoughts of transitioning went away when I met my wife. I was wearing men's bikini and hip hugger style briefs before I started to full time wear women's undies. I found the women's undies to be more comfortable and cheaper.

Jamie, you are not alone. I have both a male and female wardrobe, men's briefs and tee shirts for days when I want to do mainly man type stuff. The remainder of the time however I am wearing panties, bras, camisoles and womens tees in some part or all at once. Can you imagine being out at 2:30AM in a duck blind with your buddies, knowing that you have some sexy panties and panty hose on under your mens clothing? I can and enjoy the feeling. Other outdoor activities such as say deer hunting I find that the mens briefs are more suitable because I need the extra support and less chaffing that comes with that type of clothing. If this seems a bit macho for you, consider the fact that I also do needlepoint and hand quilting. I love to sew.

Just to clarify, I'm not questioning why someone would generally prefer women's undies. This thread is about why someone would find it exciting to get rid of the other kind. I very much appreciate people's efforts to help me understand the thrill of purging.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Again jess, you are awesome for taking time to learn and question without judging. Kudos to you.

In answer to your question; I think its a simple matter of a CD feeling constrained and limited for years, and feeling like society has them wedged into a corner. It can also be a simple matter of comfort as well, and your SO may be celebrating that shift in their life. The sudden ability to express oneself in one of the most secret, but feminine ways, can be liberating. Its her way of expressing herself in a feminine way all of the time, without necessitating the need to dress as a woman fully all of the time.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I don't necessarily want to transition physically but all my male underwear went a few years ago. I don't do fancy lingerie though, just plain cheap black/white knickers. They seem more comfortable, but may not provide enough support for any strenous exercise, at least not without tight female shorts or something.
    Last edited by TessaGirl; 02-13-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Gone to live my life
    Male underwear . . . am I suppose to wear underwear when I am a guy

Just kidding . . .

Jess, I still have a drawer full of male underwear and don them when I am dressed "en boy" . . . I don't mix my femme and boy selves. However I think what you are looking at is a bit of right of passage in that the CDer who purges her male undies is in effect saying . . . I have achieved a milestone on my CD bucket list (no male undies and now it is panties from here on out). That would apply to the gals who profess to do so. Others as you have seen by this thread simply made the switch due to comfort (not what you were asking for).

I think it is akin to when someone posts about reaching a goal on her CD journey say ... going to a restaurant "en femme". Some could argue why do so if you don't have the notion to transition. However, it is not so much I went to a restaurant in a dress "now I want to be a woman" It is more "I have achieved a milestone in my journey . . . YAY!!" I think you are seeing the same thing with the undies.

Hugs

Isha

I for one have not purged my male undies. Nor have I purged any of my male clothes. It matters not how far I am willing to go with my feminine side. There are moments that I do not dress, either the desire fades or I feel I had enough and time to repress for a while. There has to be a balance at some point.

I still have all my male attire, that reminds me I need to get some more since the one's I have are getting a bit worn out. I had once did purge all my male underthings except for the socks. That was long ago, then I realized that 24/7 was not always the best choice. Doing yard work, working on automobiles, or anything that has potential for injury.

The only records I manage on anything is my weight loss progress. I never did that before so it is interesting to track the results.
    I cannot speak on behalf of your SO, nor should my comments apply. Everyone is different even if there are some behaviors that appear to be common ground. However, sometimes I may do bizarre things and regret it later. My wife did some really odd things too. We all have our different habits and traits, as to the reason why we do things sometimes we ourselves do not really understand.

It may mean he has a harmless fetish for women's underwear.

Not purged but certainly not growing like my panty drawers