Thread: Not liking girl clothes anymore?

Not liking girl clothes anymore?

So, I decided to dress up as a girl today and I chose this long green turtleneck/dress/thingie for my top along with some comfortable jeans.

This is a top that I liked when I was dressing as a girl full-time and one that I always felt flattered my shape. All in all, a comfortable piece of clothing

But then I put it on.

And I HATED it. It felt so uncomfortable! It felt like I couldn't move in it or breathe and I absolutely hated the way I looked in it! I stripped it off, chucked it to the back of my closet and but on a black thermal and my Pink Floyd shirt instead. It was like someone hit the 'Panic!' button in my head and I just had to 'get out'

Does anyone else feel this way after dressing like the opposite sex for a while? It was such a weirdly strong feeling! It didn't feel like me at all. But I liked this piece of clothing a lot as a 'girl'? So...what was it that made me feel so negatively toward it now?

Gold Member
    That is probably a common feeling. The best I can relate it in my mind is that I previously picked out the best of what I could wear to conform to my presentation at the time. But changing my presentation opened the world up to things that were in line with my preference and feelings. So it becomes somewhat of the old presentation being in the bottom 50% of my choices and the new presentation being in the top 50%. So some of the worst choices in my new presentation trump the top choice in my old presentation. I have now worn out the word presentation, so I am done.

My fail safe mode is guy mode Len. Then again when I dress en femme, it's usually for a reason which, for all intents and purposes, is dancing and socializing at the club. I do well en femme but it's a lot of maintenance for me to maintain it for too long. I would have to seriously think about transitioning to do it all the time. It's also somewhat of an art form for myself but when the "performance" is done, I'm ready to go back to being my guy self which is a lot less work and actually welcome. The bottom line is that for us it's nice to navigate between the two modes but it's always our choice as to how we want to express ourselves and our feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Plenty of times I must say. Can't tell you how many times, I've put on something that would compliment me looking girl-like for my mother. Only to put it on, suddenly feel this overwhelming feeling of anger and this feeling of wrongness, and rip it off and throw it as if it was a disgusting terror that I could not stand the sight or feeling of. Still get it too if i dress girly. It's like my body is saying "GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!"

Hi,

Going back 56 years, i totaly hated any thing to do with boy or male clothing because of abuse in our family going back 66 years, the mere fact it was worn by males and what those clothes represented to me and my Mom no doubt,

I could not stand them, strange as it may be had i a Kilt and blouse i would / should have worn those, never mind it matters not no more, i have my skirt / Kilt, not our colours as yet though ill get them one day, plus my sash and glengary = hat,

...noeleena...

Sue: Interesting theory! And presentation's a fun word lol

Kate: Yes, it's a lot of maintenance even for us GG's to stay in full-on femme mode I've seen my friends go to the club and things and it takes them 2+ hours to get ready and I'm just sitting there in jeans and a t-shirt going 'Um...you know we're only dancing for an hour, right?' lol

Alex: Yes, that's exactly it! I mean today I'm in girl clothes(capris and a design t-shirt) but I still didn't feel that kind of overwhelming reaction. I'll be curious to see how I feel when I get my binder

noeleena: I'm sorry to hear that there was abuse in your family I suspect that your distaste for men's clothing might be similar to my distaste for 'girly' clothing. Wearing 'girly' clothing makes me feel 'naked' in a way, and vulnerable. I was abused when I was younger and even in my young adult life I've experienced abuse because I was a woman and there

Len I had a couple of sweaters that I loved as a guy, as I felt so cool in them and I could wow! all the chicks.

Where are they now, in the donation bag feeding the moths.

I think we gradually change over time and the strangulation effect you mention happened with a suit I owned and one day I could not wear it.

Unlike you I am not transitioning but I still have these feelings of rejection.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by LenGray View Post
    Wearing 'girly' clothing makes me feel 'naked' in a way, and vulnerable.
    Yeah, I can relate to that. Or sometimes, like you said, it just feels weird
    and wrong.

Its same for me too,, i would like to get rid of all of my male clothes,,however-i can be a girl still use male clothes and look girly...

Banned Read only
    For me, dressing in women's clothes has given me a greater respect for and awareness of the qualities of men's clothes. I dress better as a man now than I ever did before I started CDing.

Thanks, Whisper. I have a theory that people who say mens clothes are boring just dont know where to shop. (Same could be said about womens clothes, I guess.)

Can I be contentious (Moi?? Contentious?? ) and add to Andy's last comment... Not only do they not know where to shop, but they are generally too lazy to shop very thoroughly, or to go boldly 'outside the envelope' to get some nice colour combos going...

I put my hand up to that too... just so everyone is aware I am the pot calling the pots black... I have a business wardrobe that hearkens from 1980's IBM code: grey or navy suit, white or blue shirt (some striped!) with a splash of colour from a nice selection of ties... and cuff-links... I did used to like having some classy cuffies...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy66 View Post
    Thanks, Whisper. I have a theory that people who say mens clothes are boring just dont know where to shop. (Same could be said about womens clothes, I guess.)
    I agree. And it's really a combination of things, I think. You have to buy good clothes and you have to wear them well.

It's not easy. It implies a sense of style, taking care of your health, and sense of confidence. But they all feed each other. As you improve in one area, you'll tend to improve in the other areas too.

A well dressed, healthy, confident man looks pretty darn good.
    Last edited by WhisperTV; 06-01-2014 at 02:16 PM.