Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This winter is so bad

This winter is so bad

A while back I decided this year would be the one where I go swimming en femme. So I was bored the other day and ordered a one-piece bathing suit. Yay, it came today. Five minutes later I was wearing my new bathing suit and working at my computer.
    Um, maybe I was rushing the season a bit because there's still a foot and a half of snow in the yard, and swimming weather is three or four months away.
    Is anyone else going this crazy in the brutal winter?

The weather is wretched in Texas, I can't imagine what it's like in Massechusetts. Right now I'm sitting outside in an overcoat, when I should be enjoying the sunshine in a nice top and skirt. Brrrr

Not at all hon. Even us here in north florida are getting extremely cold (for us) weather this year and once *eek* Ice.
    Thought I left that crap behind when we moved away from missouri 11 years ago lol.
    I also find myself longing for summer to the point where I turn up the furnace so it's nice and warm and I can bum around the house in some of my capri pants and a halter top
    Barbie

Gold Member
    You are correct about this winter... we get 4" of snow, then 4 days of bellow 0.
    The Ice on my roof is over 12" high, great for skiing, but I do not own a ski slope.
    Rader

We're currently suffering from gale forces winds and floods in the UK, doubt I'd be able to keep my balance while wearing a pair of heels

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Julia I am with you girl...we have MORE snow coming tonight too!!!! This weather is for the birds, give me warm weather,sunshine and smooth tanned legs!

Oh, stop your whingeing. Our summer has been horrible, I smiling today because we have rain for the first time in several months.

Actually I feel very sorry for you Nth Hemisperians, your weather has been terrible in Nth America and now in the UK.

Wear opaque tights, I never get enough good weather for them

Christen x

Its 60 degrees here to day in Southern Utah Its is snowing in Northern Utah, Snowing in the Southern States. Snowing every were but here, I want snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    Julia I am with you girl...we have MORE snow coming tonight too!!!! This weather is for the birds, give me warm weather,sunshine and smooth tanned legs!
    Adriana. Tanned legs? What are those? My bathing suit adventure gave new meaning to "pasty white legs"

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    ha ha...mine too right now...they are so white... i was going to buy self tanner yesterday but i figured that was like waxing your car and leaving it parked in the garage. No sense in tanning legs nobody is going to see for another month or so.

I'm in Virginia right now and the snow is coming down! I'm SOOOOO ready for spring!

We can all dream for what the future might hold.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

God(dess) of Mischief Brea Lynn's Avatar
    All the winter hate, so I dunno if I should mention that it's my fault. I was living in the swamps of GA for the last 7 years, and finally moved back upstate (NY), so I guess the gods of winter felt like welcoming me back with an exceptionally wicked season.

It has been cold here in SoCal too although it is 78-degrees F and sunny here today. Lots of other days it's been long sleeves and coats.

But we've had our personal share of winter lately. In May, 2013, we were on I-70, about 40 miles west of Boulder, Colorado, when we were caught in a snowstorm. I-70 was shut down at the Eisenhower Tunnel (10,500 feet above sealevel [3,200 metres]) and we were rerouted onto Colorado 9, a two-lane road crossing Hoosier Pass (11,532 feet above sealevel [3,515 m]). As we rounded the highest hairpin switchback we hit a patch of ice and all 55-feet of motorcoach and tow vehicle slid into the snowbank. We were at a 20-degree or so angle sideways with the mountainside below us. Eventually, we got a Godzilla towtruck and with chains on the multiple rear wheels of the towtruck and my vehicle in drive for extra traction we were able to get extricated and go carefully down to Fairhope where we spent the night in a truckstop.

In December, 2013, we were about 77 miles west of Fort Stockton, Texas on I-10 when we got a CB call that the road was blocked ahead with a massive accident. All of I-10 came to a dead stop on the freeway, the intersection with I-20 was closed as well. It was 19-degrees F (-7 C) out and the road was pure ice. The bushes and ground outside were coated in a thick layer of ice. We spent the next 8 hours there, along with hundreds of others. A family with a handicapped child had been in a skid and collision next to our coach and we took them in for several hours because we had heat and they didn't. Eventually, the Texas highway department was able to open the exit and bridge ahead of us and we returned to Fort Stockton for the night.

So yes, it has been a cold winter!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I bought a winter coat last fall at Walmart and two pairs of boots. I have been out in my two sweater dresses albeit in calm air for two MAC adventures. I did cancel one outing due to a blizzard and had a big front end loader do my driveway and relocate all the previously plowed snow.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

I was just thinking the same. I do enjoy winter but it is time for some warmth. We have had I think they said like 43 days below zero here.

Nothing more to say than, sorry girls.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

I don't winter well! I'm more of a summer person

The only good thing about winter nowadays, is that I get to wear my cute winter clothes lol.
    I used to love winter when I was younger.....then the arthritis, bursitis and gout changed my outlook on life.......funny how that works eh?
    Barbie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Anne View Post
    The only good thing about winter nowadays, is that I get to wear my cute winter clothes lol.
    I used to love winter when I was younger.....then the arthritis, bursitis and gout changed my outlook on life.......funny how that works eh?
    I have to agree about the clothes.

Platinum Member
    Hi Julia, I'm just about $#!+ full of Winter my self as I set here it's snowing and we could get
    anywhere from 6" to 12" within the next 24:hrs. here in Baltimore MD. USA
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Nope! Love it! Only thing marginally crappy is shoveling mine and both my neighbors, was a wet 6" the other weekend so I actually busted out the blower. Been boarding quite a bit more this year and our backyard rink has stayed frozen for three months! Pure awesomeness!

Your not alone. I ordered a new suit too. We still have way too much snow here and way too cold. This is the one is the one I ordered in turquoise.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Julia , Well today was a little cool only 76, so in stead of going in the pool I did the hot tub an 5 min in the pool as my leg was sore from tennis. I was from Ct but got smart an came down here, only 11 months of sun real hard to take. Oh yea no state income tax , no property tax on your car, boat , M/c an anything else . We let the snow birds help us out, been a banner year. Oh we have set a limit on you snow birds any more an Florida is going to sink. YUK YUK

I have a hot tub in the house so I can wear my one piece anytime I want, and look out the sliding glass doors and watch the snow fall. This is fun for awhile but I'm so ready for spring.