Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pretty CDs

Pretty CDs

I just went to the prettycd.tumblr website and I feel so inadequate! My goodness there are some unbelievably gorgeous girls around us.

I would not worry, you probably look as good as the rest of us here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We're all pretty in our own way.

I'm not all that pretty, but I still have fun expressing myself in the way I want.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    As Mr Miagi said pointing at his hands,"karate not here Danielsan" then pointing to his heart, "karate here".
    Few of us will be Bond girls; however, many of us, if not most of us can aspire to be a reasonable approximation of a female of similar age and pass well enough to not draw attention to ourselves. Many may pass even under closer scrutiny. Being a beauty does not ensure passing especially if careless gestures or talking betray you instantly.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Oh to be young again! It is easier for one to look like those girls if if have young skin and a young head of hair.

Edy

I am not even going to look at the site. All it will do is depress me.

There used to be a thing on line called the VC, or, Vanity Club. As i recall, one had to meet a standard, and be nominated by a member to get in. I'm gonna see if it's still there when I leave here.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    im affraid to look...to be 17 again and have the internet at your fingertips (sigh)

Yep, the VC is still there!
    http://www.vanityclub.com/

Don't feel inadequate, those are just the super models of us.

Platinum Member
    Hi Anna, CDs' just like GGs' come in all sizes & shapes and all degrees of beauty.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I was quite unhappy when I was young and beautiful. I would trade my youthful skin, discomfort and insecurity for my wrinkles, male pattern baldness and sheer unmitigated happiness at being who I am any day. I love to look at the young and transgendered and follow the tumblrs gender fork and ungendered all the time but I really, really, don't want to be them.

You know, I'm still on a couple of websites like that. It makes no real difference; I have the same issues that most people here have.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Heck, I look every bit as good as they do . . . .

{when I close my eyes and imagine r-e-a-l-l-y hard}

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I studiously avoid comparing myself to other CDs. It's a fool's game. Present well, do your best, and own your surroundings. That's how classy old broads have so dang much fun.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Never mind what anyone looks like. As long as you are having a good time and are happy with what nature supplied, or at least not too disappointed, then be happy! There will always be someone who looks better, has a longer boat, a faster plane, a newer house, a fancy cell phone, a designer outfit. But we must be happy with what we have got to work with. So never set your happiness on what anyone else has or looks like. Never feel inadequate. Find your best assets and play them up while minimizing anything else.

This is SO MUCH FUN that I choose to enjoy it perfectly even if my (insert item here) is not perfect.

I am having a great time!

Banned Read only
    I've checked out several of the sites which post pictures of some extremely beautiful cross dressers. Not all of them are raving beauties, but, very attractive. It's a matter of presentation. I know pictures cannot show poise. Look around and you'll see many women in different sizes and shapes. Anyone's presentation can be enhanced by taking care of oneself. I enjoy being tastefully attired in a pretty dress, heels, hosiery and proper undergarments. Like any GG work with what you have.

At my age I am not looking for pretty, just convincing.

Not too shabby, but I'm also pretty sure a few of them are either "GG's" or have had HRT/FFS which obviously means they're not 'just' cross-dressers. The whole nature of Tumblr is that no-one checks and verifies their sources or gives proper attribution.

Case in point: Famous (and indeed pretty) Hollywood actress Emma Stone is on this Tumblr. Take this selection with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Zylia; 02-13-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    There will always be someone who looks better, has a longer boat, a faster plane, a newer house, a fancy cell phone, a designer outfit.
    Someone has a faster plane than me!!! Who??? Where??? Point me at 'em and I'll twang their bra and pull their wig off...

Seriously, BillieAnnJean and most of you are right about this - after all, what we're doing is not a voluntary entry to a good looking competition is it? I was never going to be really good at squash, so eventually I stopped playing - I'm just going to have to do my best with this because it's not going to let me go... no choice.

Do your best, have fun, be happy!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Anna,

I would not get too wrapped up on comparing oneself to others as it will drive a sane person insane. I agree with Zylia on this point . . . sometimes a picture is just a picture and it can be altered (photoshop) to erase less than flattering blemishes, alter bone structure, enhance eyes . . . yata, yata, yata. Fashion magazines have been doing this for years. If some the gals are legitimate then we are most likely talking about very young T-Gals who probably look feminine with and without make-up . . . give them about 10 years and I doubt they will be on prettycd.

In the end we (CDers) like all humans come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and looks . . . who determines what PrettyCD means? . . . I am in the club and I didn't get a ballot to vote so I am not going to pay them any attention. As far as I am concerned we are all pretty until someone shows me definitive proof what pretty means.

Hugs

Isha

One can go insane if ya keep comparing yourself to others.

As Zylia has pointed out.. some of these photos are of actual GG's and/or T*'s on HRT. Now, I can moisturize all that I want (and trust me, I do.. ) but my skin will never be as smooth and soft as those of my friends who are GG or TS.

Also, do remember with a lot of these pics.. you only get to see the person in the best pose, best light, most flattering angle.. some even add a pinch of Photoshop. Even with supermodels like Doutzen Kroes or Miranda Kerr.. they take a truckload of shots.. and pick one for the magazine cover or ad campaign.

If you use that as comparison material when you look at yourself in the mirror.. you're bound to feel like crap! Just look at the teenage girls these days.

I do love looking at pretty girls (whatever flavour), because they inspire me and give me great ideas.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by devida View Post
    I was quite unhappy when I was young and beautiful. I would trade my youthful skin, discomfort and insecurity for my wrinkles, male pattern baldness and sheer unmitigated happiness at being who I am any day. I love to look at the young and transgendered and follow the tumblrs gender fork and ungendered all the time but I really, really, don't want to be them.
    Age and treachery always triumphs over youth and vigor!

Let's see how those little trollops look when they get our age!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Well said Carla 49 now and I can still rock a lbd or tight short tennis outfit but I actually have to work at it now, and it no long comes naturally like back then. I have a love hate relationship with my excercise bike, but it does give me an excuse to wear my sexy running shorts and tops.........good with the bad I guess.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-04-2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    Barbie